Jump to content

General American Politics Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Im_IRS said:

Anti aliasing 

image.thumb.png.8ff836ae85c575245e36ec11269a60bd.png

Enerjax (Enerjak) ((Dimitri)) (((Finitevus))) ((((Pir'Oth Ix)))) (((((Leprechauns)))))

Share this post


Link to post

Don't be stealing my pixels!

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/7/2021 at 9:10 PM, Im_IRS said:

So Biden really is grabbing guns huh

Seems like it.

 

I don't see this going over well with people, it might even spark some more armed resistance by citizens.

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, DreamHollow4219 said:

Seems like it.

 

I don't see this going over well with people, it might even spark some more armed resistance by citizens.

yeah no i don't think it'll even come close

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Annie said:

yeah no i don't think it'll even come close

I'm not so sure.

 

We're living in a time where people were willing to attack the Capitol building to physically depose and harm members of Congress.

 

At this point I'm willing to believe things will get worse, not better.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, DreamHollow4219 said:

I'm not so sure.

 

We're living in a time where people were willing to attack the Capitol building to physically depose and harm members of Congress.

 

At this point I'm willing to believe things will get worse, not better.

There's a difference. Capitol hill was attacked because the president at the time was pushing claims of election fraud and making calls to action. Organized political action doesn't just happen, it needs a catalyst, and I don't think more gun control measures exactly count as a catalyst for that sort of thing considering they never have been in the past.

 

The thing about this situation that really puts doubt in to my mind is, doesn't the most recent gun control measure target ghost guns specifically? Regardless of your opinion on them that's simply too niche of a target to inspire ANY sort of organized action.

Share this post


Link to post

Biden's doing what any democratic president would do, and it'll be undone by the next Republican president. Clinton passed the 'assault weapons ban' and he's still fucking alive.

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Annie said:

There's a difference. Capitol hill was attacked because the president at the time was pushing claims of election fraud and making calls to action. Organized political action doesn't just happen, it needs a catalyst, and I don't think more gun control measures exactly count as a catalyst for that sort of thing considering they never have been in the past.

 

The thing about this situation that really puts doubt in to my mind is, doesn't the most recent gun control measure target ghost guns specifically? Regardless of your opinion on them that's simply too niche of a target to inspire ANY sort of organized action.

They are a bit of a catalyst though. Maybe not in most states, but you are seriously underestimating the passionate defense of the 2nd Amendment in the South, particularly. Most of the Deep South would not take any serious changes to gun ownership laws very well due to very conservative (and usually pro-hunting) districts across the lower United States.

 

People like that don't care what guns you're restricting because they care the most that gun ownership is being challenged at all. More conservative leaning districts are constantly sent fear-tactic mail screaming at citizens to protect their right to own guns because they might lose their ability to use guns at all; at least that's what the politicians and activist groups will try to make them believe.

 

Trust me. It's worth being at least aware of how seriously people take gun ownership in the United States and how even the worst tragedies will not deter possible dangerous actions from the most extreme gun owners. Especially places like Texas.

 

It's dangerous to disregard groups that have constantly threatened retaliation for taking action on an issue.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, DreamHollow4219 said:

They are a bit of a catalyst though. Maybe not in most states, but you are seriously underestimating the passionate defense of the 2nd Amendment in the South, particularly. Most of the Deep South would not take any serious changes to gun ownership laws very well due to very conservative (and usually pro-hunting) districts across the lower United States.

 

People like that don't care what guns you're restricting because they care the most that gun ownership is being challenged at all. More conservative leaning districts are constantly sent fear-tactic mail screaming at citizens to protect their right to own guns because they might lose their ability to use guns at all; at least that's what the politicians and activist groups will try to make them believe.

 

Trust me. It's worth being at least aware of how seriously people take gun ownership in the United States and how even the worst tragedies will not deter possible dangerous actions from the most extreme gun owners. Especially places like Texas.

 

It's dangerous to disregard groups that have constantly threatened retaliation for taking action on an issue.

I'm not underestimating it, I've lived in the south for the first 20 years of my life, I'm just acknowledging the historical fact of the subject and stating my doubts. Seriously, the closest thing to my memory of a form of armed resistance to legal firearm seizure is the ATF raid on the Branch Davidians in Waco, and that was an unjust massacre on the ATF's part.

 

Pro-2Aers love to go on about their rights and what's an infringement upon them but seriously, unless there's an actual attempt made on a mass scale to seize firearms that were previously perfectly legal (and not in a grey area like ghost guns), I seriously doubt anyone's gonna kick up much of a fuss.

 

Like, I'm with Marx on this one, the working class should be armed and nobody should attempt to disarm them, but that's just plain idealism and it isn't a practical approach to the gun issue in 21st century America. The pro-2A folks are the same people who praise cops and other federal institutions and are pretty strictly against working class liberation, they're the LAST people I'd expect to actually kick up a fuss about ACTUAL gun control especially considering their concerns with gun control are totally misplaced and misguided.

Share this post


Link to post

Don't get me wrong, I'm not for this kind of gun control, but there is a solution to gun violence and domestic terrorism that democrats don't understand and republicans totally ignore.

Share this post


Link to post

There's reasons to be concerned about gun control but in the case of America none of them really ever beat the fact that the less people own guns, the less gun violence happens.

 

I mean, unless you let the police keep them, which you shouldn't, but conservative gun nuts don't actually give a shit about police. At best, they want to be the police.

Enerjax (Enerjak) ((Dimitri)) (((Finitevus))) ((((Pir'Oth Ix)))) (((((Leprechauns)))))

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Shaddy said:

There's reasons to be concerned about gun control but in the case of America none of them really ever beat the fact that the less people own guns, the less gun violence happens.

Is it a fact though? Brazil has 15 times less guns per capita but 4 times more gun related deaths than the US. 

"Ich bin, ja, ja, Volkswagen narcoman"

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Im_WalterWhite said:

Is it a fact though? Brazil has 15 times less guns per capita but 4 times more gun related deaths than the US. 

and as a counter you have Honduras - which freedom to openly carry any firearm in the open resulted in it becoming the murder capital of the world (with up to 20 murders a day).
once a crack down on firearms started along with "progressive" (surrender basically) gangster integration into academic programs (I know, doesn't make much sense, they were so desperate they pulled on the rope at both ends at the same time to see what will work better) (although I might be confusing the gangster integration program with another central american country like el salvador) only then did the homicide rates started to drop.

Burn the World!

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, kerdios said:

and as a counter you have Honduras - which freedom to openly carry any firearm in the open resulted in it becoming the murder capital of the world (with up to 20 murders a day).
once a crack down on firearms started along with "progressive" (surrender basically) gangster integration into academic programs (I know, doesn't make much sense, they were so desperate they pulled on the rope at both ends at the same time to see what will work better) (although I might be confusing the gangster integration program with another central american country like el salvador) only then did the homicide rates started to drop.

Which begs the question as to why countries like Switzerland can handle gun ownership and others can't. I think the answer lies with HDI levels. 

 

Seems like American politicians are only going for the low hanging fruit instead of attempting to tackle intangible but more perversive issues, like poverty and health.

"Ich bin, ja, ja, Volkswagen narcoman"

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/13/2021 at 3:43 PM, Im_WalterWhite said:

Which begs the question as to why countries like Switzerland can handle gun ownership and others can't. I think the answer lies with HDI levels. 

 

Seems like American politicians are only going for the low hanging fruit instead of attempting to tackle intangible but more perversive issues, like poverty and health.

This, exactly this.

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/13/2021 at 5:43 PM, Im_WalterWhite said:

Which begs the question as to why countries like Switzerland can handle gun ownership and others can't. I think the answer lies with HDI levels. 

 

Seems like American politicians are only going for the low hanging fruit instead of attempting to tackle intangible but more perversive issues, like poverty and health.

Well yeah.

 

American politicians dare not poke a hornet's nest issue like that, because it would involve talking about the fundamentals of the American economic and political systems in general. Interestingly but not surprisingly, they absolutely hate talking about the actual root causes of these issues.

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, DreamHollow4219 said:

Well yeah.

 

American politicians dare not poke a hornet's nest issue like that, because it would involve talking about the fundamentals of the American economic and political systems in general. Interestingly but not surprisingly, they absolutely hate talking about the actual root causes of these issues.

The root causes are never the tools used though, so they can't vilify entire markets to manipulate where the profit goes as easily if they target root causes.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, potty_admiral_bop said:

What politician does Ross support?

If you say that he supports orange degenerate, I immediately unsubscribe from this retard.

Unfortunately, Ross is a dyed in red wool Trump fanatic.
Better pack your bags.  

"Ich bin, ja, ja, Volkswagen narcoman"

Share this post


Link to post


×
×
  • Create New...

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.