General American Politics Thread

3 hours ago, Im_WalterWhite said:

Unfortunately, Ross is a dyed in red wool Trump fanatic.
Better pack your bags.  

I need confirmation from Ross that he is this stupid.

Ross doesn't live in America, dude. He wouldn't be in the qult even if he were a conservative. You're being messed with

16 hours ago, Shaddy said:

Ross doesn't live in America, dude. He wouldn't be in the qult even if he were a conservative. You're being messed with

I know, but he is still an American and has strong opinion about US politics. Also, I find it very funny, he pays american taxes while lives in different country - what a fuking scam!

But I mean, look how he talks about Microsoft, live service games, or...anything in the Deus Ex and follow-up #3 videos. I simply can't imagine someone saying what he said about climate change, the CIA, the military-industrial complex, and corporate plutocracy, and also stanning for Donny. 

On 5/15/2021 at 7:12 PM, Shaddy said:

But I mean, look how he talks about Microsoft, live service games, or...anything in the Deus Ex and follow-up #3 videos. I simply can't imagine someone saying what he said about climate change, the CIA, the military-industrial complex, and corporate plutocracy, and also stanning for Donny. 

Same can be said in regards to Biden though... Neither side is beneficial, as they are in it for themselves exclusively. Any perceived benefit to anyone else is not intentional.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

13 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

Same can be said in regards to Biden though... Neither side is beneficial, as they are in it for themselves exclusively. Any perceived benefit to anyone else is not intentional.

Is this still about Ross?

Burn the World!

On 5/20/2021 at 2:24 PM, BTGBullseye said:

Who the fuck said anything about Biden? All I said was that there's not a coherent worldview that would make Ross a Trump guy. Biden also sucks, he's a milquetoast conservative in a corporate-owned party whose only political strategy is to be more like the other corporate-owned party. I am not defending him, and saying that Ross is not on the side pretending a soggy ham sandwich is "the radical left" is not the same as either of us being on the soggy ham sandwich's team.

On 5/20/2021 at 3:24 PM, BTGBullseye said:

?????

What can be said in regards to Biden? That it doesn't make sense to support him while also being against slimy corporate and government practices?

Because last I checked it wasn't Biden who appointed a corporate telecommunications exec as chairman of the FCC, pulled out of the Paris climate deal, tried on several occasions to erase LGBTQ+ rights, and used his position of power to shill for private interests.

The people who voted for Biden didn't do so because they think he's an honest man, they did so because the alternative turned half the republican party in to a far-right authoritarian cult of personality that harbors white supremacists, conspiracy theorists, and domestic terrorists. Believe it or not, it actually is quite beneficial to not have a guy like Trump in office, even if who we got isn't all that great.

the name's riley

I see a profound lack of willingness to understand the basics of the language used, and instead a vilification of a statement due to perceived additional meaning that is not present.

I see a non-sequitur statement that offered no real observations of any value, followed by a stalwart refusal to explain said non-sequitur, instead opting for accusing those who didn't find said statement cogent of simply lacking understanding.

You had a bad take, dude. Just own it. It's not other people's job to give a shallow statement value and then still pretend you're right.

Edited by Shaddy (see edit history)

15 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

I see a profound lack of willingness to understand the basics of the language used, and instead a vilification of a statement due to perceived additional meaning that is not present.

Well what the fuck else am I supposed to extrapolate from "the same can be said for Biden" in response to "I can't see someone holding these positions also supporting Trump"? Slight paraphrasing but if I left something out I'm sure you'd be more than happy to point out what.

the name's riley

Why everyone still talking about Trump? Either he is indeed the the anti-christ from the Huffington book of revelations, or he held the highest elected position in this country and couldn't even prevent the "shadow government"  from pushing him around. Either way, he failed. 

Edited by Im_CIA (see edit history)

"Fleet Intelligence Coming Online"

The bad things he did haven't gone away yet, and his rhetorical and political trademarks are going to color the entire political spectrum for decades to come.

You're going to hear fake "voter fraud" comments every single time an election doesn't give conservatives their oligarch for the next several years at least.

1 hour ago, Shaddy said:

The bad things he did haven't gone away yet, and his rhetorical and political trademarks are going to color the entire political spectrum for decades to come.

You're going to hear fake "voter fraud" comments every single time an election doesn't give conservatives their oligarch for the next several years at least.

What were the bad things he did?

6 hours ago, Im_CIA said:

Why everyone still talking about Trump? Either he is indeed the the anti-christ from the Huffington book of revelations, or he held the highest elected position in this country and couldn't even prevent the "shadow government"  from pushing him around. Either way, he failed. 

Oh? Because he's running for the same office in 2024 ?(or one of his kids is)

Burn the World!

On 6/6/2021 at 7:05 PM, kerdios said:

Oh? Because he's running for the same office in 2024 ?(or one of his kids is)

You can run as opposition if you're worried about it. 

1 hour ago, Im_CIA said:

You can run as opposition if you're worried about it. 

Nhaaaa, I don't have the credentials

Burn the World!

34 minutes ago, kerdios said:

Nhaaaa, I don't have the credentials

Neither did hew

On 6/7/2021 at 8:32 PM, Im_CIA said:

Neither did hew

Well, he did have money, and that is one of the major credentials.

12 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

Well, he did have money, and that is one of the major credentials.

Thrice divorced, closeted bigot.

He was the average American boomer with a silver spoon and a dream. That's why I don't get all the hate, you can't get a much better amalgamation of the Walmartia than Trump.  You may not like your racist uncle, but he keeps getting invited to Thanksgiving each year anyway.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 65 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.