General American Politics Thread

16 hours ago, Shaddy said:

Closeted?

Nothing I wouldn't hear on a fourth of July cookout

Edited by Im_CIA (see edit history)

"You don't get to bring friends."

Damn, sorry about the people you hang out with on nationalism day.

Enerjax (Enerjak) ((Dimitri)) (((Finitevus))) ((((Pir'Oth Ix)))) (((((Leprechauns)))))

11 hours ago, Shaddy said:

Damn, sorry about the people you hang out with on nationalism day.

The predominantly black(working class) BBQs I've been to have the same level of racist banter being thrown around. Humans are tribalistic, there nothing wrong with throwing out a jab or two at the "other guy" while eating corn on the cob. 

I mean...yeah there is. "The other guy" is not an entire ethnic group(s). Humans are also naturally cooperative and social. Every time someone isn't is a choice they make.

Enerjax (Enerjak) ((Dimitri)) (((Finitevus))) ((((Pir'Oth Ix)))) (((((Leprechauns)))))

57 minutes ago, Shaddy said:

I mean...yeah there is. "The other guy" is not an entire ethnic group(s). Humans are also naturally cooperative and social. Every time someone isn't is a choice they make.

People are inherently prejudiced toward or against every superficial trait you can find on someone, that doesn't mean putting stock in them is desirable or that the playing field is in any way level. Saying "well we're all a little racist" is just a personal convenience to excuse whatever you feel like.

Everyone's a little bit bisexual too, but that doesn't mean every supposed heterosexual will feel attracted to the same sex in their life. Do they deserve to be called liars just because the theoretical possibility of that exists?

Edited by Shaddy (see edit history)

There's a pretty significant difference though, and that is that saying mildly racist shit is normal if you're not an SJW, but actually doing stuff that is actually racist is pretty rare.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

It's actually really easy to not get called racist by a fake caricature created by reactionary grifters for youtube clicks like the mythical "SJW" cryptid. Why should you demonize the rest of the world for not treating your personal incompetence with kid gloves?

Edited by Shaddy (see edit history)

On 6/11/2021 at 7:47 PM, Shaddy said:

People are inherently prejudiced toward or against every superficial trait you can find on someone, that doesn't mean putting stock in them is desirable or that the playing field is in any way level. Saying "well we're all a little racist" is just a personal convenience to excuse whatever you feel like.

It's not whatever I feel like, we have laws against workforce discrimination and such, and for good reason: only a moron keeps a highly qualified person out of a job because of their genetic denomination. But lets say that I work with Moshe as an equal everyday and buy lunch bagels from his sister; what's the issue with me going home, swigging a beer, and cracking a Jew joke to my family during dinner? I think absolutely nothing. 

On 6/11/2021 at 7:47 PM, Shaddy said:

Everyone's a little bit bisexual too, but that doesn't mean every supposed heterosexual will feel attracted to the same sex in their life. Do they deserve to be called liars just because the theoretical possibility of that exists?

I mean, no? A straight guy checking out a dude on a beach is all part-and parcel of the human experience. Actually wanting to have gay sex is crossing the line of what can be considered purely heterosexual. It's the same difference between a racist joke and actual discriminatory practice. 

5 hours ago, Shaddy said:

It's actually really easy to not get called racist by a fake caricature created by reactionary grifters for youtube clicks like the mythical "SJW" cryptid. Why should you demonize the rest of the world for not treating your personal incompetence with kid gloves?

It is a caricature, but what's the problem? It's just a super-set of Antifa, Anarcho-communists, half of BLM, stand alone blue checkmark hot takers, and others- "SJW" sure beats saying that mouthful.  

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.