General American Politics Thread

On 8/11/2021 at 11:38 AM, Im_Unemployed said:

You got me in the first 25%. But anti-racism isn't a threat to it, politically correct zealotry is.

Yet another boogeyman for which the arbiter is your own personal convenience.

When comedy is done for the sake of comedy, you can't attach any performance metric to it other than how many people enjoy it.

But every single comedian on the planet will claim that it's "just for the sake of comedy" whether that's a lie or not.

I don't know, Ironically enough I think that it's a difference of open-mindedness. If intention doesn't matter, what differentiates something like Starship Troopers from actual fascist propaganda?

Well, the fact that the movie isn't fascist propaganda is a start. You may notice I'm not arguing against humor that isn't racist. Kind of a rookie mistake, really.

Service guarantees citizenship. Would you like to know more?

As an anarchist, I'm not interested an any of that. But if one thinks SST is fascist, they don't understand what it means outside of the window dressing you see in movies/TV. Italian Fascism was the cooperation between corporations and the state to monopolize control. Like the US for example.

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.