Map of Black Mesa Research Facility

OOhh. Would a download of the .blend file be possible? I'd love to take a look at this in 3D.

I second this!

you can upload it to http://megaupload.com/ and post the link

I would totally want to mess around with it and perhaps make a simple interactive map where it shows where ross is with the option to swich angles. (might use the google maps api with some tweaks)

The guy who posted it has only one post and hasn't been back to the forums for a while.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

If he doesnt post back, im going to try to do the same thing he did in blender when ross starts to release more episodes

Here you go: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XGDILX0Q (feel free to suggest better upload sites)

Copyright is obviously Valve's, but I hope they don't mind.

You'll have to extract the textures yourself with Crafty (http://nemesis.thewavelength.net/index.php?p=45). The blender file expects them to be in c:\misc\maps\. For example, you should have a file called c:\misc\maps\c0a0\c0a0_material_0.tga. At the end you should have 6789 texture files altogether. Here's a list of all the map sections (would put the list behind a spoiler tag but it doesn't exist):

c0a0, c0a0a, c0a0b, c0a0c, c0a0d, c0a0e, c1a0, c1a0a, c1a0b, c1a0d, c1a0e, c1a1b, c1a1c, c1a1d, c1a2, c1a2a, c1a2b, c1a2c, c1a2d, c1a3, c1a3a, c1a3b, c1a3c, c1a3d, c1a4, c1a4b, c1a4d, c1a4e, c1a4f, c1a4g, c1a4i, c1a4j, c1a4k, c2a1, c2a1a, c2a1b, c2a2, c2a2a, c2a2b1, c2a2b2, c2a2c, c2a2d, c2a2e, c2a2f, c2a2g, c2a2h, c2a3, c2a3a, c2a3b, c2a3c, c2a3d, c2a3e, c2a4, c2a4a, c2a4b, c2a4c, c2a4d, c2a4e, c2a4f, c2a4g, c2a5, c2a5a, c2a5b, c2a5c, c2a5d, c2a5e, c2a5f, c2a5g, c2a5w, c2a5x, c3a1, c3a1a, c3a1b, c3a2, c3a2a, c3a2b, c3a2c, c3a2d, c3a2e, c3a2f

Oh sweet, im totally going to try to make something with this...maybe even do somekind of google street view of the entire facility

Oh sweet, im totally going to try to make something with this...maybe even do somekind of google street view of the entire facility

Lol that would take a lot of programming O_O

Sorry for my English but you have made a grate job doing this map. However I have a question to you: Could you add the maps from Opposing force and the maps from Blueshift. If you do it you will have all the places in the correct place. XD And I think that one complete map of Black Mesa could be amaizing XD

It would be nicel if HalfLife could be made similarly to Dead Space 2, no loading screens are ever visible except when you reload a save or a checkppoint. I guess it is not one massive level but instead there is some kind of content streaming in the background.

But to be honest I find the idea of one massive level for an entire game to be mighty cool.

Mass Effect tried something like that with their elevators (though they did have traditional loading screens for other planets) but people complained because they were 'too long'. I didn't have that much of a problem, it's better than the teleporting thing you do in ME2.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

But it was FRESH and EXCITING!!

...Okay maybe not exciting but goshdarnit it was something no one ever tried before!

The real irony is they slid in elevators in the DLC missions. In Overlord one breaks, and in Arrival you actually have to use some to get to different levels of the place you're in. None of this 'walk in, push button, fade to black 'n loading screen'. It was honest to god ME2 elevators.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I remember somebody did this a while back and it got posted on kotaku.com

"I tell you one thing: I've been to a parallel universe, I've seen time running backwards, I've played pool with planets, and I've given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I'd taste an edible Pot Noodle."

Map projection on newer games is probably much harder since game levels have only gone upwards in terms of detail, complexity and scope since 1999.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.