Map of Black Mesa Research Facility

Nice, now somebody just needs to build this out of legos

Alright, sure. I'm sure I've got a spare ~100 000 pieces lying around somewhere. In the right colours and shapes of course.

...perhaps somebody else just needs to build this out of LEGO.

Nice. It really doesn't overlap anywhere? Someone should draw some concept art on what the entire facility looks like from up in the air.

Maybe you should send the map to LEGO, they've got some nuts over there that could probably do it. :lol:

And than climb mt Everest with only 1hand.
Mt. Everest is easy with one hand. El Capitan on the other hand...

We'll find out soon, I suppose.

I would actually love one giant game world with no loading times because loading tends to break the flow of the game. If we at some point can achieve more smoother ways of loading the game world, then I think that would create a more intuitive experience.

I think massive maps also have the advantage of things changing somewhere on the other side of the map due to triggers in some other side of the map before the player even reaches it which makes every time you go through the game a little different and not the same sequence every time.

That'd actually be awesome. Imagine Half-life missions in a GTA environment.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

That would be extremely impressive if someone managed to pull that off. I imagine it would be hard though. That's a lot of legos, after all.

"I am Captain Gordon Freeman of the Intergalactic House of Pancakes ordering you to open!"

Lego Half-Life with Freeman's Mind-ish cutscenes. He doesn't necessarily have to talk, but something he would do. Like when he encounters that first headcrab, it tries to bite him but he *sorta* dodges it and then just runs out of the room. (All after being a matador of course)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

and re-enact the entirety of freeman's mind using several hundred billion frames of stop-motion animation

while giving no credit for the audio, in a bid to salavage some sense of "attitude" or rebellious style, needed after so much time spent surrounded by lego

My Little Pointy: Friendship Is Stabbing - http://i.imgur.com/Qz1bx.jpg

Back on topic: Have you tried merging all the maps and compiling it? Half-life with lag, but no loading! :lol:

It is clearly impossible, the sheer size is of the map is around 20 times the limit of what valve hammer can complie.

Not only, that, the half-life engine will crash simply because of too many entities. It will show maxs_entity limitm message and quti the game. I'm not sure if the size of the map is even possible to play on Hl. I know for a fact it is impossible to render it with Valve hammer editor.

People are mad at the editor for taking a long time to compile simple finished maps, this would take forever and then just crash.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Back on topic: Have you tried merging all the maps and compiling it? Half-life with lag, but no loading! :lol:

It is clearly impossible, the sheer size is of the map is around 20 times the limit of what valve hammer can complie.

Not only, that, the half-life engine will crash simply because of too many entities. It will show maxs_entity limitm message and quti the game. I'm not sure if the size of the map is even possible to play on Hl. I know for a fact it is impossible to render it with Valve hammer editor.

People are mad at the editor for taking a long time to compile simple finished maps, this would take forever and then just crash.

It only takes me 10 seconds to compile a map.

Seriously, try merging some of the maps for less loading.

Also known as "Username"

No offense but then your maps must suck, there is no way for a proffesionl map to be compiled in 10 seconds.

(No matter what comp.)

It is clearly impossible, the sheer size is of the map is around 20 times the limit of what ]valve hammer can complie.

No offense but then your maps must suck, there is no way for a proffesionl map to be compiled in 10 seconds.

(No matter what comp.)

No matter what size my maps are, they always take such a short time to compile.

I could download one of Vincent's maps, decompile it, and it would still take only 10 seconds to compile.

Also known as "Username"