Map of Black Mesa Research Facility

It only takes me 10 seconds to compile a map.

Seriously, try merging some of the maps for less loading.

No offense but then your maps must suck, there is no way for a proffesionl map to be compiled in 10 seconds.

(No matter what comp.)

No matter what size my maps are, they always take such a short time to compile.

I could download one of Vincent's maps, decompile it, and it would still take only 10 seconds to compile.

Are we talking source or goldsource though???? I really want to know if what versions of executables you are using for BSP and VIS as those are the time hoggers. But anyway you can't make a map that big as I said even if your computer compiles small maps within 10 seconds (Which I still don't believe untill I see this with my eyes) unless you mod the engine simply because There is a limit to the size of a map to compile in hammer and the engine itself. :|

And the size isn't the worst thing, it's when you bring the entities and the lights in......

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Unless we are talking about my first map I ever made on Hammer of course. But we aren't :D, thankfully...

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Okay, that is two things......one its simply badass, and two it is the biggest map in any games I have ever played, it beats Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas, It beats The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion, and it beats the 30 mile distance that The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim is going to have.....I want it for my wall...

This is the end of the line, and I'll rip you apart for what's inside.

Compensating wealth for what's more and more worthlessness.

The end of fear, the end of your life, I'll kill you right now, fucking die.

Skyrim is exactly the same size as Oblivion.

Half Life map is minuscule compared to almost every open world game made.

Here you go: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XGDILX0Q (feel free to suggest better upload sites)

Copyright is obviously Valve's, but I hope they don't mind.

You'll have to extract the textures yourself with Crafty (http://nemesis.thewavelength.net/index.php?p=45). The blender file expects them to be in c:\misc\maps\. For example, you should have a file called c:\misc\maps\c0a0\c0a0_material_0.tga. At the end you should have 6789 texture files altogether. Here's a list of all the map sections (would put the list behind a spoiler tag but it doesn't exist):

c0a0, c0a0a, c0a0b, c0a0c, c0a0d, c0a0e, c1a0, c1a0a, c1a0b, c1a0d, c1a0e, c1a1b, c1a1c, c1a1d, c1a2, c1a2a, c1a2b, c1a2c, c1a2d, c1a3, c1a3a, c1a3b, c1a3c, c1a3d, c1a4, c1a4b, c1a4d, c1a4e, c1a4f, c1a4g, c1a4i, c1a4j, c1a4k, c2a1, c2a1a, c2a1b, c2a2, c2a2a, c2a2b1, c2a2b2, c2a2c, c2a2d, c2a2e, c2a2f, c2a2g, c2a2h, c2a3, c2a3a, c2a3b, c2a3c, c2a3d, c2a3e, c2a4, c2a4a, c2a4b, c2a4c, c2a4d, c2a4e, c2a4f, c2a4g, c2a5, c2a5a, c2a5b, c2a5c, c2a5d, c2a5e, c2a5f, c2a5g, c2a5w, c2a5x, c3a1, c3a1a, c3a1b, c3a2, c3a2a, c3a2b, c3a2c, c3a2d, c3a2e, c3a2f

I can't figure out how to extract the textures using Crafty. I have looked online for guides but cannot figure it out. Any clue how to do it?

I can't figure out how to extract the textures using Crafty. I have looked online for guides but cannot figure it out. Any clue how to do it?

Open Crafty, go to File System Browser, and open a map. Then go to Setup, Options, Exporting, and set Material Type to Textures. Finally, do File, Export, and export the map as .OBJ into c:\misc\maps\.

Hey, ripa! Nice work! It could be made into floor plan.

Also, you could consider adding map sections of Blue Shift and Opposing Force, because they connect with places visited by Freeman and we could see more of Black Mesa in one take.

People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Just wondering- Half-Life levels usually load in no time for me at 8G ram, but is it possible to make em run seamlessly by pumping them more ram than they really need?

Just wondering- Half-Life levels usually load in no time for me at 8G ram, but is it possible to make em run seamlessly by pumping them more ram than they really need?

Why would you even want more ram from such an old game? HL is a game from 1998, it runs fine on anything. Maybe HL:S but it has issues because it's on source. Maybe if you want the game to look pretty you could use half life redux (mod) to make the game look better but it's not necessary.

Nyao nyao~ 子猫は幸せです

The map looks really great, but can anybody re-upload the .blend file?

Megaupload is still closed...

AFAIK, Half-Life is the only 3D FPS game, which has stand-alone interactive 3D map.

But the author has gone for over a 10 months:

Last visited: Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:41 pm

It would be a pity, if this map would be lost or just unused.

I have the .blend file but I'm not the creator of the file so I don't know if I have permission to upload it.

ripa has made an excellent work but, as he wrote: "Copyright is obviously Valve's"

Also, he made the source file available for a free download, but sharing server is no longer exists.

danielsangeo, please, re-upload the file to 4shared.com or multi-up.com

Thank you in advance.

The grammar in that post was horrific. I had to re-read it about 4 or 5 times.

I saw ripa's post. I am going to assume that ripa really did make the .blend file and is apparently allowing re-upload.

http://www.4shared.com/file/dIPnLBZF/blackmesa.html

Hope this is okay. If not, I will delete this post and remove the file. Thanks!

The grammar in that post was horrific. I had to re-read it about 4 or 5 times.

It is best that I can :cry:

danielsangeo, thank you!

But I've got the problem with textures, too.

For some reason, Crafty can load only embedded textures, ignoring ".wad" files.

When I try to load "c0a0.bsp" or "c0a0a.bsp", they appears textured, because they contains embedded textures,

but for most of ".bsp" files it is not so.

Perhaps, the program expects, that ".wad" files should be inside ".gcf" or ".pak" archives... I don't know.

Someone really needs to update this with the maps from Op4 and BS and the Decay port. Hell, the Op4 journey intersects with the Half-Life journey both before and after Apprehension, so you could probably even establish continuity between the two halves of the Half-Life journey! :D

I saw those pics on Kotaku a few years ago I believe.

"I tell you one thing: I've been to a parallel universe, I've seen time running backwards, I've played pool with planets, and I've given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I'd taste an edible Pot Noodle."