Half-life 3 (possibly) confirmed?

Sign in to follow this  

http://www.pcgamer.com/everybodys-gone-to-the-rapture-half-life-3-and-more-appear-in-steamdb-list/?utm_content=bufferef0a8&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=buffer_pcgfb

Ok, now it might be (in fact very likely is) just another false alarm, but its included in SteamDB. But that said, it could be old entry for something not in development anymore and it wouldnt be first time something has appeared there yet nobody has heard it from since- last big false alarm was Halo 3 PC version.

But nonethless, its good enough excuse to get another show of the kind on the road :D

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Halo 3 had a Steam DB listing for a while. That never even began production. Steam DB listings mean nothing.

They're not panties, so it's not embarrassing.

The Know received information from a source within Valve that a small group of Valve employees (10ish) were working on HL3, albeit at a slow pace. This makes sense as, and correct me if I'm wrong, Newell once stated that there was no real incentive for Valve to develop HL3 unless there was internal interest in doing so. They simply make a lot of money doing what they do.

I honestly thought that when Newell said that, he meant they wouldn't put a *single* person on it, so I 'unno. He makes a good point, though. There's no reason to make it if there's no incentive.

i do have to agree on necessity of internal interest. I think it would be huge s-storm when it would turn out bad money grabber

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

The Know received information from a source within Valve that a small group of Valve employees (10ish) were working on HL3, albeit at a slow pace. This makes sense as, and correct me if I'm wrong, Newell once stated that there was no real incentive for Valve to develop HL3 unless there was internal interest in doing so. They simply make a lot of money doing what they do.

I honestly thought that when Newell said that, he meant they wouldn't put a *single* person on it, so I 'unno. He makes a good point, though. There's no reason to make it if there's no incentive.

And I bet they just have that single person sitting at a computer typing "Half-Life 3" into a word prompt over and over again.

I mean, hey, it's Valve, they have the money to waste.

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!