January Videochat Update

Ross how are things going between you and Yahtzee from Zero Punctuation? Yahtzee mentions in his latest Let's Drown Out that he likes your sense of humor and videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?start=2468&v=33kIQv32LYU and that he unconsciously copied your quote https://www.youtube.com/watch?start=2542&v=33kIQv32LYU . He mentions that he emailed you to clear the air and so I'd like to hear what you have to say. I hope that this situation can be put to rest.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

Wow, that's way interesting, Heliocentrical, I don't think Ross ever updated us on that one, I could be wrong.

Good find, good to know he was so honest about it. Cool to see Ross and Yahtzee make friends over it.

More so, it's good to finally solve that little mystery of whether he actually did copy it or not,

not that it mattered much.

Here's a couple questions regarding 'the movie' I've wondered about. If you've answered already I apologize.

1) Does it have a title yet? or subtitle or working name?

2) About how long will the movie be?

I'll spare you my other questions til next time.

Merry Christmas and Happy Winter's Veil. (yes i play hearthstone)

"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

"Does my beard intimidate you?"

Here's a couple questions regarding 'the movie' I've wondered about. If you've answered already I apologize.

1) Does it have a title yet? or subtitle or working name?)

It has a working title... It's called "THE MOVIE". As he has yet to make any other movie at all, this is a perfect title for it. (especially since he intends to put all of his best into it, the 'pièce de résistance' if you will)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

It has a working title... It's called "THE MOVIE".

I have a strong feeling that even if Ross comes up with a proper name, it won't catch on and everyone will still call the movie "The Movie".

Come the full moon, the bat flies whose boiling blood shall stem the tide.

It has a working title... It's called "THE MOVIE".

I have a strong feeling that even if Ross comes up with a proper name, it won't catch on and everyone will still call the movie "The Movie".

+1

Ross do you have anymore great life stories to tell? I loved the story about you and Metal Dave buying peoples' souls with candy.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

While I understand wanting to do as many questions as possible, I feel like this is only creating a bigger backlog of questions.

Now, if you wanted to take some of the bigger questions and answer them in the chat, I could see that but your best option may be to have people hold their questions until you finish your announcements and such so that there is a lesser back log of quesitons

I saw your request for MMO stories, and I kind of have one. I wanted to talk about it at least somewhat nicely and make a little video with footage. Thing is I have no editing software experience. I can capture losslessly in fraps at an acceptable framerate, and I know how to use handbrake well enough to compress the final footage, but do you know any free program or guide I can use to edit the clips together in a lossless way and put my voice in? I've got all the hard drive space I need. Sorry if you get this question all the time, I'm just having a terrible time googling anything useful. Professional software's a bit out of my means atm.

I feel like you talked about it tangentially in your December update video, but could you go a little more in depth?

I'm curious as to how far Ross' point-and-click interests go. How much does Ross like point-and-click adventures?

I'd ask questions about life because Ross seems(and I'm assuming IS) like an amazingly deep-thinking person but I also feel as though it's too personal of a subject to talk about. The only thing I would ask about is stories about points in life where you may have had no idea what you were doing, because that fascinates me as a "phase" in somebody's life in today's society.

Hey Ross! Big fan, I enjoy everything you put out on you channel (yes even what little we got of Moon Gaming. Would love to see more ). I have a lot of questions for you, and realize you probably won't answer all, so I will list them in the order of importance to me and you can choose which, if any, you will answer from that.

1) What is your philosophy in making content? What kinds of things do you try to avoid doing that you see elsewhere on youtube, and what do you try to accomplish yourself?

I have heard you touch very tangentially on this in some videos, but only enough to hint that you are indeed conscious of what you are doing. You seem really thorough, hard working, and non-compromising, and you have made brief remarks of how you want to separate your own videos from other's before, but I would love to hear more and get the complete picture. Your videos stand out in a good way, the comedy, mood, and quality, and I would love to hear what you aim for to make that the case.

2) What got you into making machinima?

3) Can you recommend me any machinima to watch? I am a newb in the territory, and have only enjoyed the stuff on your channel and stuff like Arby 'n' the Chief, which only half way applies.

4) What is you opinion of the Linux and Open Source community, and would you like to see gaming happening for real on those platforms instead of mostly Windows?

Hope that isn't too much to hope for, but I am genuinely curious about these things.

Someone might have asked it already but have you ever considered working in gamedev?

With your talents you could make a great writer or a quest designer.

1) What is your philosophy in making content? What kinds of things do you try to avoid doing that you see elsewhere on youtube, and what do you try to accomplish yourself?

I have heard you touch very tangentially on this in some videos, but only enough to hint that you are indeed conscious of what you are doing. You seem really thorough, hard working, and non-compromising, and you have made brief remarks of how you want to separate your own videos from other's before, but I would love to hear more and get the complete picture. Your videos stand out in a good way, the comedy, mood, and quality, and I would love to hear what you aim for to make that the case.

You may have to piece it together from different locations, but much of this has already been discussed in these forums, and in his non-machinima videos.

3) Can you recommend me any machinima to watch? I am a newb in the territory, and have only enjoyed the stuff on your channel and stuff like Arby 'n' the Chief, which only half way applies.

http://gorillagong.com/

That's Ross's site for good machinima. He's espoused it many times.

4) What is you opinion of the Linux and Open Source community, and would you like to see gaming happening for real on those platforms instead of mostly Windows?

Last I heard, he want to see it happen, but won't hold his breath.

Fortunately Windows 10 is a big push to make everyone want Linux a lot more.