Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens [SPOILERS]

Sign in to follow this  

I would not call it a copy myself - it's more of a rip off. Which is worse IMHO.

Unoriginal, recycled plot and soulless direction and - maybe other people's standards are simply too low or mine are too high, but to me a movie cannot be good if it fails on these major points. Even a sopt of brilliant acting would not be enough to redeem it usually for me and TFA hasn't even got close to having any brilliant acting there...

Sorry to bring rain on everyone's parade here.

Regards

@Vappybear: That's okay! :D You can rain on my parade any day of the week~ ;) Lol. Sorry.

But I mean, I'm way too optimistic so I can't agree. XD The internet gave me the perfect gif to describe this movie.

The-Interview-same-same-gif.gif

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

:lol: You've made my day, Jeb! Thank you!

And yes, sure, it's just an opinion. And it's not going to stop it from taking the most money in the history of cinematography. That franchise has slipped to the Dark Side, hehe :D

Regards

The franchise slipped to the Dark Side when George Lucas cast out any and all creative people in favor of 'yes men' whose only jobs were to agree with everything he said. 'Yes, George, Jar Jar Binks was a great idea! Let's make Boba Fett a bad child actor, that's what the audience wants! Yes, George, please continue throwing terrible CGI at the screen! That's how good movies are made!'

I'll take a plot recycled from ANH any day over the Prequels. Especially if it means I get to watch Daisy Ridley's face some more.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Talking about not seeing the wood for the trees... It's always like that - people get hung up about Jar Jar or some other inconsequential character or paraphernalia but none of it has anything to do with the actual plot of the prequels. And, to be frank, I didn't find Jar Jar any more annoying than C3PO. Both are just minor distractions. The problem with the prequels is that the plot is too big - people don't see it, like they don't see how tall the Empire State Building is when they stand at the foot of it...

It really is amusing to me, if slightly saddening.

Regards

Talking about not seeing the wood for the trees... It's always like that - people get hung up about Jar Jar or some other inconsequential character or paraphernalia but none of it has anything to do with the actual plot of the prequels. And, to be frank, I didn't find Jar Jar any more annoying than C3PO. Both are just minor distractions. The problem with the prequels is that the plot is too big - people don't see it, like they don't see how tall the Empire State Building is when they stand at the foot of it...

It really is amusing to me, if slightly saddening.

Regards

You seem to have missed the part where I said George staffed his entire creative team with yes men. I only picked out a few different reasons to stamp the idea that he had no restrictions on what he wanted to do. It's admirable from a business perspective how far he got that he was able to create his vision exactly how he wanted it without anybody telling him he couldn't but it also damned the story because, in his own words...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?start=9&v=KseqzmcqQBQ

Personally, I don't actually have that much of a problem with Jar Jar or a lot of the other stupid crap in those movies. I actually still enjoy them for what they are, believe it or not. I'm not even denying that the Prequels possess more creativity than TFA since most of its elements were borrowed from the OT for obvious reasons. However, to claim that they're somehow misjudged and underrated due to people not seeing the 'big picture' is kind of silly, in my opinion. I see the plot of the Prequels quite clearly, the problem is the execution was poor, for more reasons than 'Jar Jar stepped in the poopy'.

Even the titling of TFA matches it's intention compared to the Prequels. On the posters for the PT, 'EPISODE I/I//III' were the biggest things in the titles because George was banking more on his 9-part saga that he'd wanted to make since Empire than actually making a movie that felt like Star Wars. TFA on the other hand, while it has Episode VII in the title crawl, the actual title of the film is just 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens'. Because that's all it needs to be. The plot doesn't need to be 'big', we don't need intimate knowledge of the politics behind everything. (politics that make no sense at all, anyway) We just need a good story and TFA's reliance on retreading the original movie's plot is showing that Disney wants to make Star Wars Star Wars again, not some high-minded artistic nonsense that nobody asked for.

we don't need intimate knowledge of the politics behind everything.

I would like to know more about the relationship between the New Republic and the Resistance is, though, and how the New Order arose under the nose of the New Republic. I don't need granular details, but I would like to know more about how they are connected.

we don't need intimate knowledge of the politics behind everything.

I would like to know more about the relationship between the New Republic and the Resistance is, though, and how the New Order arose under the nose of the New Republic. I don't need granular details, but I would like to know more about how they are connected.

I agree that the film was scarce on any details about the NR (and hence making it hard to care when it gets blown up.) I think the next film would benefit from more of a better idea on the political climate...within reason.

To be fair, when the original Death Star blew up Alderaan, we didn't really get a glimpse of what that was about either, except for the protestations of Leia and Obi-Wan's reaction. We didn't know much of anything about Alderaanian politics and it didn't really matter to the movies except as a driving force for the rest of them. I hope we do hear SOMETHING about the worlds destroyed by the Starkiller Base in the next films, though.

I've not seen them yet, but my older brother went to see it and didn't exactly have a good time. The power cut out for about ten minutes before the film started, then it happened again about half way through the screening. He actually left at that point and rather hastily claimed that "it was shit" and didn't like the new characters, and he also vowed to never watch the later episodes. Is it really that bad or is my brother just suckin' on sour grapes, like I suspect. I'm looking forward to watching them at some point, even if it isn't that good. I just want to wind my brother up.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Is it really that bad or is my brother just suckin' on sour grapes, like I suspect.

Grapes.

It's not the best, but it is worth seeing at least once.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Is it really that bad or is my brother just suckin' on sour grapes, like I suspect.

Grapes.

It's not the best, but it is worth seeing at least once.

I trust your judgement implicitly, which I'm basing solely on your splendid choice of avatar.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

People Like Grapes LOL!

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

I trust your judgement implicitly, which I'm basing solely on your splendid choice of avatar.

Best scene in Star Trek, by a small margin. I have many more, but this is the best.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.