ROSS'S GAME DUNGEON: STILL LIFE

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

Merry Christmas triple-Eve! Here is the first Christmas episode coming out this month for Game Dungeon. This is an episode I knew I wanted to do, but had some concerns about it, so I decided on a halfway solution. This episode is split into 2 parts. The first half everyone can watch and should help your holiday mood. The second half is for adults only and I made it age-restricted on Youtube because I think this is the most intense game I've had on the show so far. This is one case where I feel like censoring it would have really misrepresented the game. You'll hear this in part 1, but definitely do not watch part 2 if you're easily disturbed.

The next video I'll get done ASAP, though it's going to be close whether or not it gets made in time for Christmas or not. It can be kind of amazing how long simple details end up taking to do. So while I can't promise dates, expect 2 more videos this month!

COMMENTS

OMG thanks Ross. I really needed to relax with some game dungeon. I swear your channel is like heroin for me, except it's not expensive.

I like Tyrian...and stuff.

I was enjoying the hell out of it till you told me to stop watching while you talked about the ending. I appreciate the spoiler warning, but in this day and age of thousand game long queues, it's an annoying choice to have to make. Also, when people put in content warnings, what I actually hear is someone telling me to turn down the volume because there'll be annoying screamer shots. Maybe you could be more specific in future warnings?

Warning: This game dungeon contains images of graphic violence and death.

In other words, it might make you....

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)

...toss your cookies.

YEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHH!

Great episode and seems like interesting game.

But as for killer needing luck to survive that- remember Rasputin.

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Might have to take a gander at this game myself one day. Seems pretty intriguing.

"I tell you one thing: I've been to a parallel universe, I've seen time running backwards, I've played pool with planets, and I've given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I'd taste an edible Pot Noodle."

Great episode and seems like interesting game.

But as for killer needing luck to survive that- remember Rasputin.

Or most slasher movie villains.

"I don't trust a man that doesn't have something strange going on about him, cause that means he's hiding it from you. If a man's wearing his pants on his head or if he says his words backwards from time to time, you know it's all laid out there for you. But if he's friendly to strangers and keeps his home spick-and-span, more often than not he's done something even his own ma couldn't forgive." -No-bark Noonan

Actually, being dropped in freezing water after being shot would increase survivability, not decrease it. Hypothermia will slow the blood loss, and increase the amount of time the person has to find medical attention. This would be necessary because you don't want to go to a hospital with a gunshot wound if you're a criminal, as it's automatically reported to the police.

Barring a guaranteed lethal hit, (heart puncture, brain damage, artery severed, etc.) the antagonist could quite easily survive a single gunshot wound with minor medical attention.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I don't know who the killer is, but anybody else see a resemblance to this old sadistic gentleman?

s7Lefqc.jpg

Makes you wonder....

Dam dude. That's gotta be him.

I like Tyrian...and stuff.

So I managed to get pass the age restriction, and at the begining where you said the game was "like the movie Se7en" I KNEW that I was going to enjoy this episode (I'm a fan of the movie). This episode was fantastic.

great video ross

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

When I saw the first half of the video I thought this was going to be like the point and click equivalent of Postal because Ross mentioned that people who are easily offended shouldn't watch it. The sexual innuendo laden cookbook lead me to believe more in my theory of this being point and click Postal. I'm glad that I watched the second half because I would have wrote this game off otherwise. I hate games like Postal. Anyway I might consider getting Still Life if it goes on sale.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

When I saw the first half of the video I thought this was going to be like the point and click equivalent of Postal because Ross mentioned that people who are easily offended shouldn't watch it. The sexual innuendo laden cookbook lead me to believe more in my theory of this being point and click Postal. I'm glad that I watched the second half because I would have wrote this game off otherwise. I hate games like Postal. Anyway I might consider getting Still Life if it goes on sale.

"If"? Look just a few posts above you.

Didn't play the game, but from the Game Dungeon I figured out that the killer was main hero's boyfriend.

And Ross said that he will probably make review about the successor of Still Life. Still waiting...

Edited by potty_admiral_bop (see edit history)

I bought the entire trilogy about a year ago and started with Post Mortem, spent maybe 2 hours trying to get into it before giving up and forgetting about it.

Fast forward to this past week I tried to play it again from the beginning. Quit again and decided to skip right to Still Life, which I got way into and became invested with quickly.

Maybe it’s me but the dialogue trees in PM kind of ruined the experience for me because I always got hung up on them in fear of taking a crappier/harder path. Plus the first-person navigation is like trying to find your way around in Google Maps.