December 2015 Screenshot Contest winners

Sign in to follow this  

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please click here »

NOwsUOL.jpg4h4Ugkn.jpgzrR3ISl.jpg

After much deliberating, we now have the winners of the screenshot contest for the free games giveaway! I want to give big thanks to everyone who contributed a game, and to danielsangeo, who organized most of this and we wouldn't have been able to do this contest without him.

I unfortunately have to announce that I decided to change the rules. The simple reason: there were too many good entries. It would have been hell to try and figure out who is #34,35,37, etc. We had 481 entries and 124 winners. A lot of people had multiple great entries, but we picked only one per person just to keep things sane. So instead of a big numbered list of winners, they were broken up into tiers. You can view the winning entries below:

GOLD TIER:

These were ones I thought were either amazing, genius, or extremely funny.

SILVER TIER:

These were generally really good, they just didn't ignite quite the same spark to me that the gold tier did.

BRONZE TIER:

These were ones I thought were cool in some way, just not mind-blowing.

This whole thing was super-subjective, so don't get too disappointed if you didn't win. You may yet still have a chance to win something later on.

HOW TO CLAIM YOUR GAME:

1. First confirm you were one of the winners (a master list is located here)

2. Check the Games List for games you're interested in. This will be frequently updated as people claim them.

3. Make a small list of games you want, in the order you want them. Email [email protected] with this list. If your game is still available, it will be sent to you. If not, we'll go to the next game on your list.

4. If you submitted your entry on the forum instead of email, let us know which one your entry was (we can find out, but this will make it go faster).

5. Games will be sent first by tier, then FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE. So everyone in the gold tier will get a chance to pick before silver tier, then bronze tier.

6. Have patience. Silver entries won't get served until everyone in gold picks a winner or a week passes, whichever comes first. So it could be a couple weeks before you get your game, depending on how things go. Once you email us letting us know what games you want, your place in line is secured.

7. In the event there are no games left that you want, please just tell us "pass" in an email.

Sorry about changing the rules and make it a semi-free-for-all, but it was the only way to retain our sanity. We had so many fantastic entries, thanks a bunch to everyone who participated. I highly recommend people check out the winners. Also since we had more games than winners, once every winner has gotten a chance to pick something, I'll make a new post about the remaining games later. Afterall, I don't think Daikatana is going to fly off the shelf.

COMMENTS

Woohoo!

So many great entries. There are some gems in every tier!

I certainly don't blame you for shifting the rules a bit given the sheer volume of entries received and games donated. I've got my fingers crossed that the game I want is available when it's my turn in line.

Do you not want to see signatures in threads anymore?  Check under Account Settings - Signature and turn off "View Signatures".  You can also click the X to the right of this signature and select "Hide All Signatures".  You're welcome!

The three images are broken for me and show up as a "Error 403" when trying to view in a separate tab, is this happening to anyone else?
The three images at the top of the post show up fine for me. A 403 Forbidden error is interesting. Did you do something to tick off Google?

Are you at least able to view the Google Docs\Drive links for the Master List of Winners or the Gold\Silver\Bronze Tier winning photo galleries?

Do you not want to see signatures in threads anymore?  Check under Account Settings - Signature and turn off "View Signatures".  You can also click the X to the right of this signature and select "Hide All Signatures".  You're welcome!

The three images are broken for me and show up as a "Error 403" when trying to view in a separate tab, is this happening to anyone else?
The three images at the top of the post show up fine for me. A 403 Forbidden error is interesting. Did you do something to tick off Google?

Are you at least able to view the Google Docs\Drive links for the Master List of Winners or the Gold\Silver\Bronze Tier winning photo galleries?

Yea, that shows up fine. It's just strange how those specific ones didn't show.

@Harold: I had the same issue... but everyone else is able to email just fine. One thing I didn't try (oops) was sending it from another computer/device. Have you tried that?

EDIT: Fixed the email in Ross' forum post + images.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

The email address was misspelled. It should be corrected now.

Send the emails to [email protected] and we should get that squared away for you.

EDIT: I believe the three previews should be fixed now as well.

Aw, I only placed Bronze. Oh well, at least sexy metrocop is finally in his limelight!

Needless to say, I hope the games I want most are still there when Bronze winners get theirs.

Just curious, does "Humble Origin Bundle" mean I'd need Origin to redeem the game? It's fine if I do, it'll just be a shame that my streak of having an origin-free computer will have to end.

I don't get half of the science humor in FM, but I think that's one of the beauty parts of it.

All of these tiers have some amazingly great pictures in them. I think the teddy bear one in gold tier made me laugh the most.

Thanks for the contest again Ross. Surprised I even got in gold tier.

@Lonewolf:

I swear, it's the best one out of the lot. XP

rkPo1wg.jpg

XD It's ridiculous. I love it. I only had to look at it for a few seconds before I started laughing.

Also, congratulations to all those who've won! :D So many awesome screenshots.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

I had a ton of issues trying to send Ross my screenshots. First I tried posting them to this forum as an attachment but I couldn't because of the 2mb limit. Then I tried uploading them to Imgur, Imgur failed to upload them and gave me blank white screenshots. Lastly I tried emailing them to Ross directly. I got an email saying he wasn't able to get the screenshots so I sent them a second time. I didn't get an email confirming whether or not he got them so I don't what had happened to the screenshots.

I would also like to ask some questions in hopes of making submitting screenshots as hassle free as possible for next time.

. Does the quality of the screenshot matter? I could make my screenshots .jpegs instead of a .pngs if Ross doesn't need quality.

. Are there any guidelines for the resolution of said screenshots? The screenshots that I've been taking are the size of my monitor which is 1600x900.

. Are there any dedicated screenshooting programs that you guys could recommend? I've been using in-game stuff and I think that might be one of my problems.

. Does Ross have a size limit in terms of the files he can receive? If it's unspecific I would like just a general guideline to follow

Well those are my questions, I hope they help out anyone else who's having the same issues as I am.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

I don't imagine Ross would be fussy at all with the pictures he gets. As long as he can see them, as long as it's not pixelated to hell or compressed to the point of absolute buggery, then it should be fine - I don't see why it wouldn't be.

Just simply putting your screenshot in a picture-editing program (even as simple as MS Paint) and re-sizing it would have decreased the file size and allowed you to upload it onto the site. If you emailed and got no 'couldn't send' email back, then he most likely got it.

-------

@Lonewolf:

I swear, it's the best one out of the lot. XP

I got a good chuckle out of "Fort Bob Ross" and "JC Denton Interrogating a Lamp". Then "Snake Extracting a Bear" and "Rogues Threatening a Horse" were great, too.

Plus, it seemed noteworthy how many eye-injury-related submissions there were.

There was Surgeon Simulator Scalpel Eyes, Taped-On-Eye Demoman, Dead-Eyes Clementine, Female Resistance Fighter Shot In Eye and Scientist with Dart in Eye.

(And I consider "You eyeballing me?" a bonus.)

Then there's the category of "Giant\Missing Heads".

Congratulations to everyone who won something, there were some really good ones. incidentally I missed the teddy bear one until just now and now I can't stop laughing. It's so silly and framed so perfectly.

Retired Forum Moderator

Ok, who was it that won Silver Tier with a Star Trek Online SS? You need to friend me.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Congrats to everyone who made it!

Ross, if you really wanted a fair, balls-to-the-wall objective screenshot competition, you should have invited everyone who participated into a Smash TV-like game show, last one standing wins it all (that is, if anyone actually survives). I'd play it, but i reckon that might be a little too farfetched, that with all the plane tickets to the studio and all. Maybe next time.

GC7VkwYn54hZofGT8JXVcsiR6snQwD8eqg9FT2RNKmeb2vzjG8f-0pQ7knoACCXKIXsCgg=w1879-h859

If anyone was wondering what the context for this image was, Path Of Exile is a free to play game which lets you do some pretty cool stuff, I designed my character with the sole purpose of an incredible fire rate, then modified the multi-arrow gem to shoot even more arrows. Then I went to my AFK friends base, and held down the mouse button til the framerate dropped to 7 FPS.

If you enjoy diablo-like games you should pick it up, it's free and not pay to win, the only stuff you can buy with actual money are cosmetic only.

From the Gold ones, my favourite is that with the short, bearded guy looking like a gnome ;)

My interpretation:

"We don't accept gay couples here!"

:lol:

Before someone imagines something, I have nothing against gay couples :)

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^