Birthday thread: Soundtracks

Shadow of Rome, commercial semi-failure from the creator of Onimusha. The dead remains of its sequel supposedly turned into Dead Rising.

I compiled some of my favorites and even added a tracklist. Been a while since i used a forum, I forgot how to embed.

The "Kane and Lynch: Dead Men" soundtrack is awesome and has much more punch to it than your typical third person shooter ost. Here are some of my favourites:

Mall Fight -

Tokyo Fight -

Truck Fight -

Jeep Chase -

The Breakout Pt1 -

Retomoto Double Cross -

(some of these titles are actually wrong and don't correspond to what is happening in the game at that time)

Also, the game is great. It was clearly rushed because Eidos was about to go under and needed this game out before Christmas, but even so I absolutely love it. Much better than the sequel imo.

I'll just throw here a few more game soundtracks for which the forum search function didn't return any mentions:

The Worms series has great soundtrack. Worms, Worms 2, Armageddon, 3D, Forts, Blast, World Party, Revolution, Clan Wars, WMD, all of them are good. It's mostly background music, but while most background music is just bland, this one is worth listening to outside the game as well. One example for all:

Solaris 1.0.4, played a demo long time ago, remember it because of the soundtrack:

It seems that no one mentioned Ace Combat 3:

The forgotten C&C - Emperor Battle for Dune, the game wasted it's potential a bit but soundtrack is excellent:

While Painkiller Hell & Damnation is not that great, the collector's edition soundtrack is:

Spelunky:

C&C Kane's Wrath:

Kyodai Mahjongg:

Aquanox:

Bandits Pheonix Rising:

I've been meaning to get around sharing this

Lament of the Innocence OST

Also I've been replaying KOTOR II recently and this track hit me particularly hard.

It's like an introspective lamentation of the game's tragic, rushed development, and what could have been a near-perfect game ( from a story-telling perspective ).

Here's one of my favourite tracks of all times.

Firelake - Fighting uknown (Or Loners' theme from S.T.A.L.K.E.R Clear Sky)

I don't have anything fancy to say about it. It's just beautiful.

Here's one of my favourite tracks of all times.

Firelake - Fighting uknown (Or Loners' theme from S.T.A.L.K.E.R Clear Sky)

I don't have anything fancy to say about it. It's just beautiful.

Edited by Guest

Also Battlefleet Gothic: Armada has one of the most epic and memorable soundtracks there are. I really recomend checking it out if you're into that sort of thing.

NYR: New York Race is one of those games that is just gone. It is a racing game based on the 5th Element. I remember it being a blast to play, with incredibly fun music.

-47dJ78zzz0

I wish I could find any information about the composer, or track names...

There's some really good stuff in this thread. Allow me to post my suggestions:

Some turn-based sweetness:

Not turn-based but should be obscure enough unfortunately

• /
    /
    /

Have you ever heard of "Motorhead" the racing game:

https://www.old-games.com/download/4779/motorhead

Has imho a pretty good soundtrack:

You can also download it here:

https://downloads.khinsider.com/game-soundtracks/album/motorhead

This was made by Olof Gustaffson who also made the Soundtrack of the old Amiga Pinball games.

(In case you dont know them, i really recommend you give them a try:

Have fun :)