Videochat January 2016 + Writer Auditions

Ross, we know you have a healthy respect for older games, but are there any antiquated pieces of technology you really like or still use? I'm thinking of anything ranging from using an alarm clock instead of your phone to film cameras to stuff with vacuum tubes in it.

stuff with vacuum tubes in it.

Ahh, CRTs. I remember them well. My previous had a widescreen CRT actually. You do realise just how low the picture quality actually is (at least on that one) compared to modern-day LCDs/LEDs/what have you. I played Timesplitters 3 on it, and the game's loading screen has a message that flies across the bottom. I could see message bending round the shape of the screen.

I also remember the days of analogue TV, and our aerial was a bit pish, and we were next to a hill, so the signal wouldn't always be very good. We'd get ghosted pictures, and pretty awful sound.

Childhood memories.. :mrgreen:

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

The reason things were censored on 4chan of all places was (I think, it's the most probable reason) some form of damage control after Zoe Quinn and Phil Fish got doxxed.

This is the 'cover' for the censorship. Doxxing is bad, but threads that had nothing to do with doxxing were deleted. People just wanted to talk about the problems with games journalism, and games journalists thought they could silence them.

Uh, no. They didn't. Gaming journalists had nothing to do with what happened on 4chan.

Since GamerGate began with false accusations of a female game developer sleeping with someone to get a good review of her game, I'd say that it's totally understandable if some people thought that GamerGate was misogynist.

You keep saying the accusations are false. I've been ignoring these comments, because Zoe Quinn is largely irrelevant, but the time has come for you to say why. And no links to RationalWiki.

Because 1. the good review Zoe got on her game never existed to begin with and 2. Eron Gjoni, the person who first made the allegations, admitted that they were baseless.

"Egalitarian" is little more than a code word they use to make themselves appear more palatable to the mainstream. They can call themselves egalitarian all they want, but it doesn't mean jack when the doxxing attacks and misogynistic insults speak for themselves.

"Egalitarian" is how they differentiate themselves from the anti-men crowd. Gamergate has never condoned doxxing, so you are gonna have to elaborate on that.

GamerGate was based around doxxing. The very first activities of GamerGate were based around doxxing. So it doesn't matter if GamerGate has never "condoned" doxxing, because they have done it multiple times over the course of their run.

GamerGate was based around doxxing. The very first activities of GamerGate were based around doxxing. So it doesn't matter if GamerGate has never "condoned" doxxing, because they have done it multiple times over the course of their run.

Yeah, one thing that's always rubbed me the wrong way with GamerGate was how it started. Sure Gamergate was able to out Nathan Greyson for not disclosing his relationship with Zoe Quinn. But that information came from her disgruntled ex-boyfriend who completely doxxed her. That source was dirty as hell. If GamerGate had any integrity they would've condemned Eron Gjoni for his dox of Zoe Quinn and trying to cover it as "Revealing Corruption". They could have easily found corruption elsewhere via clean source that doesn't dox people. But no, they didn't do anything. Out of the two sins present here I can safely say that Zoe Quinn's Dox was way more egregious than Nathan Greyson's corruption.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

Uh, no. They didn't. Gaming journalists had nothing to do with what happened on 4chan.

So you think 4chan moderators did that completely on their own, without outside pressure? Considering the massive pressure to censor everything everywhere else, I find that unlikely.

Because 1. the good review Zoe got on her game never existed to begin with and 2. Eron Gjoni, the person who first made the allegations, admitted that they were baseless.

Review may have been the wrong word, but it's still a favorable mention. Twice.

https://archive.is/WtK25

https://archive.is/iS4Ru

A third time, if you want to count this incident.

https://archive.is/0KhZv

Nathan never disclosed his relationship with the people he was reporting on, which is a clear breach of ethics.

Fine, if you don't want to post an example, I will.

Zoe Quinn's tumblr and twitter accounts are allegedly hacked and her information doxxed by "4CHAN.ORG/V/". Members of the 4chan /v/ board are immediately skeptical, not least due to the uncharacteristic use of a capitalized /V/ to describe the board. Investigation shows the posted information to be unrelated to Quinn. The incident is viewed with skepticism by posters on /v/ and elsewhere.

The 'evidence' is circumstantial at best. It looks to me like someone is trying (poorly) to frame them. Wait, whats this?

http://blogjob.com/oneangrygamer/2015/01/gamergate-hackers-botnets-responsible-for-harassment-doxxing-information/

A 3rd party troll responsible for doxxing both sides? Naw, couldn't be. HAS to be them goober gobbers because.... reasons.

Yeah, one thing that's always rubbed me the wrong way with GamerGate was how it started. Sure Gamergate was able to out Nathan Greyson for not disclosing his relationship with Zoe Quinn. But that information came from her disgruntled ex-boyfriend who completely doxxed her. That source was dirty as hell. If GamerGate had any integrity they would've condemned Eron Gjoni for his dox of Zoe Quinn and trying to cover it as "Revealing Corruption". They could have easily found corruption elsewhere via clean source that doesn't dox people. But no, they didn't do anything. Out of the two sins present here I can safely say that Zoe Quinn's Dox was way more egregious than Nathan Greyson's corruption.

I think you don't know what doxxing is. Doxxing is when you post private information about someone's identity such as a full name (if not already public), address, or phone number. The Zoe Post isn't a doxx.

I think you don't know what doxxing is. Doxxing is when you post private information about someone's identity such as a full name (if not already public), address, or phone number. The Zoe Post isn't a doxx.

Sorry that's my fault. I often latch on to words that sound appropriate at the time in my head but in actuality aren't. This is slightly off topic but is there a more appropriate word for posting information that should be private? I'm thinking there ought to be. Anyway back to the topic at hand. I'd still say some of the Zoe Post was really unnecessary. Eron Gjoni could've cleaned up what he wrote before posting it citing only the link between Zoe Quinn and Nathan Greyson. But he didn't so clearly his motives lie elsewhere outside of ethics in games journalism.

I'd still say some of the Zoe Post was really unnecessary. Eron Gjoni could've cleaned up what he wrote before posting it citing only the link between Zoe Quinn and Nathan Greyson. But he didn't so clearly his motives lie elsewhere outside of ethics in games journalism.

Well is there something wrong with that? Or he has to have only one motive alone? Considering, that GG as a hashtag started what about 4 months or so after the Zoe post, which sounded to me more of a "off my chest" kind of thing than story about breach of journalistic ethics. It's just what people latched onto more than a story about man being abused by his at the time girlfriend or ex ( I can't remember that part correctly). Probably ethics in games journalism isn't really a priority to a person, who's hurt by another person. I'd be willing to bet that his main motive is winning his current legal battle against her for the gag order he got back in 2014 (by his own words).

It's quite a fascinating read of his legal battles, though then again, it's only his own words and I don't know, whether it can be verified as real or he's just milking GG for money.

If you're interested in reading more on his side of the story, but don't want to go to kotakuinaction, I can send you a copy paste to your inbox on forums.

You who distill within you the whole world,

attend to this voice from the realm beyond:

You’re beast, and demon, angel, human being;

whatever you show forth, you are that thing.

I'd still say some of the Zoe Post was really unnecessary. Eron Gjoni could've cleaned up what he wrote before posting it citing only the link between Zoe Quinn and Nathan Greyson. But he didn't so clearly his motives lie elsewhere outside of ethics in games journalism.

Well is there something wrong with that? Or he has to have only one motive alone? Considering, that GG as a hashtag started what about 4 months or so after the Zoe post, which sounded to me more of a "off my chest" kind of thing than story about breach of journalistic ethics. It's just what people latched onto more than a story about man being abused by his at the time girlfriend or ex ( I can't remember that part correctly). Probably ethics in games journalism isn't really a priority to a person, who's hurt by another person. I'd be willing to bet that his main motive is winning his current legal battle against her for the gag order he got back in 2014 (by his own words).

It's quite a fascinating read of his legal battles, though then again, it's only his own words and I don't know, whether it can be verified as real or he's just milking GG for money.

If you're interested in reading more on his side of the story, but don't want to go to kotakuinaction, I can send you a copy paste to your inbox on forums.

It's more of a problem I have Gamergate than with Eron Gjoni. I don't care if Eron Gjoni was abused by Zoe Quinn or not. It's none of my business. IMO Gamergate should've been entirely about ethics with no exceptions. Stuff like the Zoe Post is what muddled the waters for Gamergate. It's pretty clear that Gamergate wasn't looking for journalistic corruption in the Zoe Post. In this scenario they used "We're for ethics in games journalism only" as a cover for their sympathies with Eron Gjoni. That would have been atleast fine if they said that from the start albeit small and pointless. No, instead they chose to blur together this shred of corruption within the Zoe Post along with their sympathies with Eron Gjoni to give their cause credibility. That to me is unacceptable. Gamergate should've been for ethics first and foremost without any compromises like this. Things can only go downhill from here and they in fact did. Go ahead and call me out for being the cruel and cold-hearted bastard that I am. for I do not care for one man's insignificant tragedy. At the end of the day Eron Gjoni's relationship with Zoe Quinn is nothing more than a statistic amongst millions of other similar cases. What makes Eron Gjoni's case any different and special? If ethics in games journalism is to succeed it needs opinions similar to my own. Clear cut and dry with no compromise.

It's more of a problem I have Gamergate than with Eron Gjoni. I don't care if Eron Gjoni was abused by Zoe Quinn or not. It's none of my business. IMO Gamergate should've been entirely about ethics with no exceptions. Stuff like the Zoe Post is what muddled the waters for Gamergate. It's pretty clear that Gamergate wasn't looking for journalistic corruption in the Zoe Post. In this scenario they used "We're for ethics in games journalism only" as a cover for their sympathies with Eron Gjoni. That would have been atleast fine if they said that from the start albeit small and pointless. No, instead they chose to blur together this shred of corruption within the Zoe Post along with their sympathies with Eron Gjoni to give their cause credibility. That to me is unacceptable. Gamergate should've been for ethics first and foremost without any compromises like this. Things can only go downhill from here and they in fact did. Go ahead and call me out for being the cruel and cold-hearted bastard that I am. for I do not care for one man's insignificant tragedy. At the end of the day Eron Gjoni's relationship with Zoe Quinn is nothing more than a statistic amongst millions of other similar cases. What makes Eron Gjoni's case any different and special? If ethics in games journalism is to succeed it needs opinions similar to my own. Clear cut and dry with no compromise.

The reason Gamergate still talks about his court case is because of the legal loophole that Zoe Quinn used to infringe on his right to free speech. Winning his case would mean that same loophole couldn't be used again. But don't take my word for it. Read all about it here.

So you think 4chan moderators did that completely on their own, without outside pressure? Considering the massive pressure to censor everything everywhere else, I find that unlikely.

"Massive pressure"? What massive pressure?

Review may have been the wrong word, but it's still a favorable mention. Twice.

https://archive.is/WtK25

https://archive.is/iS4Ru

A third time, if you want to count this incident.

https://archive.is/0KhZv

Nathan never disclosed his relationship with the people he was reporting on, which is a clear breach of ethics.

Even though, you know, Zoe and Nathan weren't dating at the tine.

Zoe Quinn's tumblr and twitter accounts are allegedly hacked and her information doxxed by "4CHAN.ORG/V/". Members of the 4chan /v/ board are immediately skeptical, not least due to the uncharacteristic use of a capitalized /V/ to describe the board. Investigation shows the posted information to be unrelated to Quinn. The incident is viewed with skepticism by posters on /v/ and elsewhere.

Let's see everything wrong with this.....

1. Of COURSE they would be skeptical! Who in their right minds would want to admit that "their side" has been doxxing and harassing someone?

2. "Unrelated to Quinn" my ass.

3. False dox attack? Really? http://zennistrad.tumblr.com/post/102076970178/zoe-quinn-fake-doxxhack

The 'evidence' is circumstantial at best. It looks to me like someone is trying (poorly) to frame them. Wait, whats this?

http://blogjob.com/oneangrygamer/2015/01/gamergate-hackers-botnets-responsible-for-harassment-doxxing-information/

A 3rd party troll responsible for doxxing both sides? Naw, couldn't be. HAS to be them goober gobbers because.... reasons.

(Placeholder for when I get out of school)

The reason Gamergate still talks about his court case is because of the legal loophole that Zoe Quinn used to infringe on his right to free speech. Winning his case would mean that same loophole couldn't be used again. But don't take my word for it. Read all about it here.

So you claimed you don't read reddit, and now you turn around and use reddit as a source?

Could please you provide a link with the information that isn't from KotakuInAction? Or could you post the information here in this thread in a spoiler box if it's too large so everyone else can view it besides me? I'd appreciate it as I refuse to touch KotakuInAction with a 10ft pole.

I'm not arguing this from point of GG though. Nor am I a GG, you can call me a pro-GG neutral and I did have some participation in case of Tyler Wylde over a year ago, I don't consider myself to be one still.

I rather wanted to debate your accusation of Gjoni having multiple motives, not birth of GG, which even if I have different opinion from you, I just don't really have interest in challenging it for now. But you go back to GG birth discussion. However, I'd guess (giving you benefit of the doubt) that you thought I'm comming at you from pro-GG perspective to defend GG, because you seem to be having this conversation with others, so I won't think of that as intentional move away from the subject I tried to speak about with you.

But back to Eron Gjoni, yeah his story is part of statistic, but I actually don't know how much prelavent it is though. I guess it would be hard to quantify a situation where you're being abused by your female significant other and then being silenced by law institutions to not speak about that abuse. That though makes me as a male insecure when looking into western world, less interested in getting healthy and seeking a partner to procreate, because if it's a big trend in western world (which I don't know), eventually it will come to my second world country and being trialed for rape just because I didn't talk to a female the way she'd like it, is not a prospect I want to see myself in.

You who distill within you the whole world,

attend to this voice from the realm beyond:

You’re beast, and demon, angel, human being;

whatever you show forth, you are that thing.

"Massive pressure"? What massive pressure?

Milo Yiannopoulos releases transcripts from GameJournoPros in which James Fudge, the managing editor of GamePolitics.com and Ben Kuchera, opinion editor at Polygon.com, pressure Greg Tito, the editor in chief of Escapistmagazine.com to delete a forum thread about Zoe Quinn and corruption in the gaming industry.

http://yiannopoulos.net/2014/09/19/gamejournopros-zoe-quinn-email-dump/

You are really gonna argue that game journalists didn't go around contacting the owners of every website that had any Gamergate discussion on it?

Even though, you know, Zoe and Nathan weren't dating at the tine.

Nathan Grayson has been friends with Zoe Quinn since at least June 2012.

https://archive.is/j5DW0

Make sure you scroll to the bottom. I could post more on this, but I think this is all that needs saying.

Let's see everything wrong with this.....

1. Of COURSE they would be skeptical! Who in their right minds would want to admit that "their side" has been doxxing and harassing someone?

2. "Unrelated to Quinn" my ass.

3. False dox attack? Really? http://zennistrad.tumblr.com/post/102076970178/zoe-quinn-fake-doxxhack

1. You completely missed why they are skeptical. People who understand chan culture would never refer to one of their boards with an uppercase letter.

2. I don't know about you, but every one of my friends who has a cell phone number that isn't from the state of their current residence, lived in that state previously. The 'personal phone' number posted is from Hawaii, and according to a website that Zoe's friends use, she has never been to Hawaii.

3. I can't view that link at this time, I'll address it later.

(Placeholder for when I get out of school)

Best make a new post, don't edit it in.

So you claimed you don't read reddit, and now you turn around and use reddit as a source?

What I said was:

I don't visit reddit

As in, I don't visit reddit by my own volition. Facepunch linked to it. Subreddits may be echo chambers, but that doesn't mean important information doesn't wind up on them occasionally. You are grasping at straws.

Could please you provide a link with the information that isn't from KotakuInAction? Or could you post the information here in this thread in a spoiler box if it's too large so everyone else can view it besides me? I'd appreciate it as I refuse to touch KotakuInAction with a 10ft pole.

Here is the re-cap on events pertaining to the court case, as posted on reddit

Back in my neck of the woods, that dev I had the misfortune of dating went into damage control mode. Dev's basic PR strategy amounted to: spread counter-narrative and misinformation, discredit and silence the opposition, leverage official channels in any way that might increase public perception of legitimacy. In following her usual MO of "you can be most effective by being more ruthless than anyone expects," dev took out an infamously broken type of court order to serve as a makeshift gag-order. The "hearing" for this order lasted maybe 10 minutes. Judge did not allow me to present evidence in my defense. Judge refused to hear the First Amendment objections. Judge did not even give me an opportunity to speak. My attorney was upset enough by the whole thing that he took the initiative of compiling the record and docketing the appeal pro-bono.

It is unclear whether dev was aware of the increasing concern among legal scholars for this sort of order to be used in violation of the First Amendment.

The appeal application sat on a shelf at the lower court for a few months, presumably to ripen. In the meantime, dev was trying very hard to land me in jail for basically anything dev could make a case for. At one point, dev filed a complaint for my tweeting "#GamerGate owes me a drink." All claims from this ~5 month period refered to #GamerGate as a hate mob. No claims noted the variety of charitable causes (from anti-bullying to suicide-prevention to food drives) it has donated upwards of $90k to. Rude.

Most of dev's violation claims did not make it past the clerk. Three did. A prosecutor was assigned to these violation claims.

My attorney and I notified the prosecutor that we were appealing the underlying order. The prosecutor agreed to hold off on prosecuting until the appellate court had decided on whether or not the order should, under any legal interpretation, have been granted in the first place.

Appeal application continued to ripen until, at some pint in April, it was finally docketed.

I was all like "Guys, I'mma write the brief."

You guys were all like "It's dangerous to go alone. Take this." And gave me a bunch of money to hire an appellate attorney.

I hired an appellate attorney. Oh, and also someone told me to email law professor and superhero Eugene Volokh, who said he would help out and write an amicus brief for free(dom of speech).

Dev heard tales of the appeal, and was not pleased. Dev attempted to take out a duplicate order out-of-state, presumably as a fallback in case I won the appeal in my state.

Volokh referred me to an attorney who agreed to take on the case for that new order literally over the weekend and on a pay-what-you-can basis. That attorney did an excellent job, and I hope to pay him back in full some day [currently half way there]. Anyway, we won.

This left dev with no fallback, and a risk of losing some narrative points if the appellate court ruled in my favor. This simply would not do.

Dev hired Giant Legal Conglomerate Wilmer Hale, who assigned four(?) attorneys to dev's case.

We filed for Direct Appellate Review hoping the state Supreme Court would fast-track the case into their purview based on the constitutional questions posed. We then filed our appellate brief with the appellate court.

'

'

'

'

This space intentionally left blank to reflect on the fact that we have gone from a 10 minute hearing about a blog post, to a case involving Eugene Volokh and Giant Legal Conglomerate Wilmer Hale.

'

'

'

'

21) Wilmer Hale told the MA Supreme Court "There's no need to get involved here. We're vacating the underlying order. It's cool."

22) Wilmer Hale vacated the underlying order, and filed a response brief with the Mass Appellate Court essentially arguing "Oh god pleeease look the other way on this. We've vacated the order, rule the case moot. Official scrutiny does not serve our client's PR best interests."

23) The Supreme Court said "we'll let the appellate courts do their thing before we get involved."

24) We filed a reply brief with the appellate court to the effect "it's not moot because the order can still be reissued at any time, and only an opinion from this court could prevent that. And also there are still the existing violation claims pending." The appellate courts pondered.

Here is the new information which that reddit thread was posted for

So, last we left off, the Supreme Court said "go through the appellate court." Wilmer Hale argued that the case should be ruled moot because the underlying order was vacated. We argued that this doesn't offer sufficient protection in the future, nor does it resolve the matter of the pending violation claims.

Since then -- the violation claims have disappeared. The prosecutor was asked to drop them, and, as soon as the prosecutor agreed, Wilmer Hale filed a letter with the appellate court informing them that the violation charges had been dropped, so there was now almost no conceivable reason not to rule the case moot.

We might consider that, because the plaintiff really really wants the appeals court to rule the case moot, the plaintiff (or perhaps Wilmer Hale) may, in a roundabout way, be admitting that the First Amendment really does exist. Given the information available thus far, we might even charitably interpret the plaintiff's request that the underlying order and all pending charges be dropped as something resembling a begrudging mea culpa.

Unfortunately, this is not a Holiday Special. Plaintiff didn't simply drop the underlying charges, but also requested the prosecutor replace them with a different charge. Mass General Laws chapter 265 section 43a. Criminal Harassment. Which is precisely another one of those small handful of laws that has first amendment scholars concerned about the potential for misuse as a First Amendment loophole.

Dropping the pending charges and replacing them with this new one has a pernicious effect. Even though the new charge is based on the same underlying claims, it's technically a different legal issue altogether. Which means, even if the appellate court were to rule that order was invalid, that ruling would (arguably) offer much less relief toward this new charge (depending on the wording, anyway). And since the appellate court's ruling would offer less relief, Wilmer Hale can use that forced change in circumstance to make a stronger argument in favor of mootness with one hand, while actively restricting my speech with the other (my speech would necessarily be "chilled" as the proceedings for this replacement charge are underway). The only way to get the appellate court to also chime in on this replacement charge would be to lose the new charge, then file yet another appeal (which would take yet another year or two).

If that all sounds a bit grim, it's not! The Appellate Court has not only not ruled the case moot yet, but seems to have just signaled the opposite. They've just scheduled oral argument for some as of yet to be decided date between March 1st - 18th. They might hypothetically still rule the case moot after oral argument -- but the fact that they scheduled it all given the circumstances is quite encouraging.

So, this is it. As far as moments of truth and things which might be important go -- like it or not, March is probably gonna be one of them. From a somewhat depressing/comedic perspective, it's "important" enough to someone that they hired Giant Legal Conglomerate Wilmer Hale to prevent it from happening. More seriously, and more broadly, it is important enough that it could lead to real and lasting change in at least some small pocket of the universe.

Like, holy shit there is actually a chance that this sets legal precedent. I mean like, if you're into that, or whatever. No big deal.

Anyway I've increased the Freeze Peach funding goal to account for attorney's estimated prep-time and oral argument + outstanding balance. I've also added the latest invoices for transparency. If you wanna chip in -- know that the recent legal maneuvering leaves me with basically no clue what the odds are that we'll win -- but on my end at least, I'm gonna try.

In the meantime, thanks for everything so far. It's been nuts. I'll be around sporadically to make bad jokes or answer questions.

But back to Eron Gjoni, yeah his story is part of statistic, but I actually don't know how much prelavent it is though. I guess it would be hard to quantify a situation where you're being abused by your female significant other and then being silenced by law institutions to not speak about that abuse. That though makes me as a male insecure when looking into western world, less interested in getting healthy and seeking a partner to procreate, because if it's a big trend in western world (which I don't know), eventually it will come to my second world country and being trialed for rape just because I didn't talk to a female the way she'd like it, is not a prospect I want to see myself in.

I still think that aspect of Gamergate is trivial. I'm much more interested in helping ethics in games journalism than I am listening to what appears to me as hysteric, pseudo-intellectual and paranoid MRA propaganda. I'm not shaming you for what you believe. If that's what you believe that's fine. I'm just giving you my perspective on that side of Gamergate.

@Jcw87 yeah that legal loophole does sound pretty egregious and would best if it was dealt with. Outside of that I still can't say I care about Eron Gjoni as a person though.

I don't know what you want me to say anymore, if anything. Do you want me to just be quiet? Just say "yes" and I'll just leave. I won't come back to discuss this anymore. Just say the word, and I'll go. Because I don't want to continue this anymore.

I don't know what you want me to say anymore, if anything. Do you want me to just be quiet? Just say "yes" and I'll just leave. I won't come back to discuss this anymore. Just say the word, and I'll go. Because I don't want to continue this anymore.

It is not my intention to censor you. But if you want to stop, then stop. Nobody is forcing you to argue.

I'll tell you what I DO want though. I want people to stop listening and believing. I want people to question the narrative. I want people to do their own research on the matter. If you want to know what Gamergate is really about, open up your mind by disregarding anything you have heard before, then pick a GG community, and listen in (I recommend Facepunch). Listen to what they actually talk about. If you have questions or concerns, ask. Open a dialogue. Just be mindful of the rules for the community you talk to. Fair warning. Anti-GG considers talking to GG at all to be a crime of the highest order, so you may want to be incognito.

And if you can't be bothered to do that level of research, then PLEASE stop acting like an authority on the matter.

Question the narrative.

Three words to live by.

Changing tack, I wonder how many people have approached Ross for the writing role?

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

It is not my intention to censor you. But if you want to stop, then stop. Nobody is forcing you to argue.

I think I'll just stop now, I don't really want to keep going. Bye.

Technically speaking, the GG label and movement came about as a way to distance the whole thing from the Zoe Quinn scandal.

Granted, it didn't work, but folks in the movement did recognize that it was a distraction.

It's sad to say, but drama just get's folks's attention.

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!