ASRock Radeon RX 5700 XT

5x Arctic P12 PWM 120mm case fans

Deepcool GAMMAXX 400

ASRock B450M Steel Legend

AMD Ryzen 5 2400G

G.SKILL Flare X (for AMD) PC4-25600 16-18-18-38 2x8GB RAM

Rosewill CAPSTONE 750M (750w PSU)

HP EX900 1TB

Antec P5 (PC case with sound dampening material inside)

MSI Optix MAG241C (one of the best 1080p monitors)

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I just today got my replacement motherboard. (my last one had the VRMs fry)

Gave it a test, and turns out that it took out my CPU when it fried the VRMs... Now I have to wait for that to get replaced too. At least I have my brother's Ryzen 3 2200G CPU to use for at least a short while. (gonna get my 2400G replaced, and probly buy a 3600)

1 hour ago, BTGBullseye said:

I just today got my replacement motherboard. (my last one had the VRMs fry)

Gave it a test, and turns out that it took out my CPU when it fried the VRMs... Now I have to wait for that to get replaced too. At least I have my brother's Ryzen 3 2200G CPU to use for at least a short while. (gonna get my 2400G replaced, and probly buy a 3600)

When i read that in the other thread, I thought that your new mobo burned out your CPU. Glad to hear that isn't the case at least.

I got this a few weeks ago, but I wasn't posting then.

index.jpg

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

On Steam:

• Age of Wonders
  • Age of Wonders Shadow Magic
  • Age of Wonders 2
  • Age of Wonders 3 and all 3 DLCs

On GoG:

• Fallout 3 GOTY Edition

Just got an upgrade for my PC...

ASRock X570M Pro4 Motherboard

G.SKILL Ripjaws V F4-3600C16D-16GVK (3600CL16 RAM)

24 minutes ago, RaTcHeT302 said:

something about these two i just find kinda funny

at least you won't be going deaf once your AMD card decides to take off

The fact that I got it before there were any AIB cards meant I needed a sound dampened case. So that and some acoustic foam that I use as an exhaust muffler result in a remarkably quiet system.

1 hour ago, RaTcHeT302 said:

i'm surprised that digimon as a series is still going, weren't all the monsters called NAME-MON something?

Yeah, you had names like Gatomon, Agumon, Impmon, Takatomon, and so on.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

The Gereg (Deluxe Version) - The HU

91MgcYnTb3L._SL1500_.jpg

I've been waiting for this version of the album to be released since they first released the Wolf Totem video.

Edited by BTGBullseye (see edit history)

Just ordered a 3D printed Star Trek ship model.

wjly7k4.png

https://mixeddimensions.com/gameprint/startrek

I built an assimilated variant of the USS Excalibur NCC-26517. Now I just have to wait until October to get it.

LONG NERDY STORY DISCLAIMER (but I hope it's interesting anyways)

Spoiler

It's meant to be from an alternate universe based on a short fan-fiction story someone wrote in a game forum a LONG time ago. (back before Ross even started making movies) Basically, I stepped into a naturally occurring wormhole, and ended up somewhere in the Delta quadrant in the early 2350's, but it was a Borg world, and I got assimilated. I however had a strange natural resistance to the complete loss of self-identity that comes with being a Borg drone, and was able to sort of detach my mind from my body and slightly control the Borg ship which I had been relocated to. This allowed me to influence the decisions made concerning the cybernetics installed in my body, and I was able to get some of the best experimental tech available to the Borg.

In 2373, when Seven of Nine was freed by the USS Voyager, I was as well, and was a major reason why they were able to do so easily for Seven. I however was unable to easily disconnect most of my implants due to their experimental nature and their integral self-defense features. When Voyager finally made it back to Earth, I was given a full Starfleet commission, and rapidly moved through the ranks. I was stationed on the Excalibur for several years, and became Captain of the ship after only 4 years of service.

My first mission after being promoted to Captain was as part of a task force of ships sent to investigate a major gravitational anomaly that appeared to be some sort of weapons fire. When we arrived in the vicinity, a naturally occuring wormhole very similar to the one I had originally been sucked through, was in the middle of a large pile of obviously Borg wreckage. The Admiral in charge of the fleet ordered the ships to begin salvage and scientific operations, but my knowledge of the wormhole reactions due to the Borg experimentation on the wormhole I had gone through, indicated that some of the probing that the scientific ships were doing to the wormhole would cause it to emit a massive gravitational burst, and increase in size enough to swallow the entire fleet. The Admiral ignored my warnings, and shortly thereafter the fleet was sucked in. I had already modified my shields and structural integrity fields to counteract the effects of the wormhole travel, and emerged relatively unscathed. The rest of the fleet wasn't so lucky.

The Admiral's ship, and almost 1/3rd of the fleet immediately had massive warp core breaches, and all hands were lost on those ships. The rest were disorganized, disoriented, and disabled in various ways. After ensuring no more ships would explode, I began to survey the location we had been moved to. It was a polar-ring galaxy in the M74 Group in the Pisces constellation, NGC 660.

After some deliberation, I was placed in charge, partly due to the sheer number of incapacitated or dead command staff in the fleet, and partly because I was Captain of the only still fully-functional ship in the fleet. (also the most powerful if all remaining ships were in good repair instead of almost destroyed) I ordered the fleet to repair warp engine systems first, and cannibalize any ship that was irreparable. Fortunately, all ships were able to be repaired, so I ordered them to start searching for a planetary system we could call "home" for the foreseeable future. Flash forward several years, and we had colonized almost a dozen planets, befriended several factions in this new galaxy, and assisted others pulled through wormholes identical to the one our fleet had been sucked through. We even encountered and befriended a race very similar to the Borg Cooperative. (not to be confused with the Collective)

It had been almost 60 years since we had arrived in this galaxy, and we had finally located the source of the wormholes. It was the homeworld of an ancient nameless alien race, who had left behind many extremely advanced and powerful boobytraps to prevent any species from ever even approaching their systems. It took me almost 20 more years to figure out a way to bypass the system's defenses, and we discovered a malfunctioning relic that was producing the wormholes. We had a choice. Destroy it, and end the wormholes, or try to use it as it was intended, and have a chance at returning to the Milky Way. After taking a total population poll, my ship had a reduced crew before attempting to open a wormhole back to the Milky Way. (all others stayed with their new families in the new Starfleet Territories) It worked, sort of.

When we arrived back in the Milky Way, the relic immediately disintegrated. It was the year 2392, and Starfleet had never heard of me or my crew, and their records indicated the Excalibur destroyed by a Narobian virus in 2376. They took away my ship for study while they questioned all of the crew, especially me. I was a matter of some scientific curiosity, having not only advanced time travel and wormhole data, but also extremely advanced alternate-reality Borg tech. After a few years, I was given back my ship, and crew.

This is the character I role-play with in Star Trek Online, so I figured I should have a physical model of the ship on my desk too. (it might need a bit of repainting on the nacelles first)

Pilot Precise V5 12-pack, Pilot Precise V7 12-pack, Pilot FriXion Clicker 3-pack. $30 total.

All very nice pens that I run out of way too often, so I decided on getting a bunch all at once. I also completely lost my last 3-pack of FriXion pens, and stores in my area don't carry them anymore, so I haven't had them in about a year.

Purchased a second identical RAM kit for my PC, and a 120mm AIO in preparation for the next gen GPU purchase I'm getting. Since it vents in a way that would have a negative impact on the performance of my CPU cooler, I decided to get one that will mitigate that somewhat.

https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232195

https://www.newegg.com/arctic-cooling-liquid-freezer-ii-120-liquid-cooling-system/p/N82E16835186246

This means that my system will have 32GB of RAM, and an RTX 3080 for the GPU. The only thing that will prevent me from getting the 3080 is if I miss out on initial availability on the 17th and have to wait for the restock.

3 hours ago, RaTcHeT302 said:

nice i hope u'll enjoy it and make the most of it

*loads up minecraft with RAYTRACER MODS*

I'll probably just do Quake 2 with raytracing until Cyberpunk 2077 comes out... Maybe some Minecraft...

On 9/1/2020 at 6:22 PM, BTGBullseye said:

This means that my system will have 32GB of RAM, and an RTX 3080 for the GPU. The only thing that will prevent me from getting the 3080 is if I miss out on initial availability on the 17th and have to wait for the restock.

Looks like I'm waiting for the 6800XT instead. Better performance in the stuff I want to use it for.

On topic:

https://www.newegg.com/cyberpower-cp685avrg-nema-5-15r/p/N82E16842102356?Item=N82E16842102356 (uninterruptible power supply)

https://www.newegg.com/cyber-acoustics-ca-3090-others/p/N82E16836150011?Item=N82E16836150011 (speakers for my PC)

https://www.newegg.com/black-soundcore-life-q20-headphone/p/0TH-033Y-000A9?Item=9SIACCUAMP1493 (actice noise cancelling headphones for PC and phone)

https://www.newegg.com/team-model-tc1883128gl01-128gb/p/N82E16820331296?Item=N82E16820331296 (128GB USB 3 drive for only $14)

https://www.newegg.com/rosewill-rhtb-15001-tilt-swivel-wall-mount/p/N82E16886228056?Item=N82E16886228056 (VESA mount for my monitor)

https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16824475046?Item=N82E16824475046 (new monitor, has HDR and is bigger, but is otherwise comparable to my existing monitor)