Valve News Network Podcast

Ross man i seriously love the vids you do ( no one on channelawesome makes me laugh like you), but please never compare NIN to coldplay again lol ( and yes I know you were joking). I can respect the fact that not everyone shares the same taste in music i have but listening to NiN and basically anything Maynard James Keenan is connected with is about the equivalent of a religious experience for me.
Ha ha, I went too far with that joke huh?

Ross's hyping up of VR is making me suspect that he's a secret employee of Oculus or HTC. Normally I wouldn't care about "VR" and dismiss it as another gimmick (especially since I'd need an upgrade or a new PC to run the Rift), but Ross does sound like a true believer of the hype... and I've never even tried 3D gaming, so.
Hey, I'm not ruling out Asus or Gigabyte either. I'm certain it's not a gimmick, though it may not get mainstream appeal anytime soon either. The difference is gimmicks die out. I think VR at worst, would be equivalent to steering wheels, or multi-monitor gaming setups. Rare, but still a dedicated market to them. As for needing a new PC, I'm convinced it all depends on the programs. I read VorpX got Need For Speed Most Wanted (2005) working in VR, I'd be surprised if your system couldn't handle that game at high resolution / framerate.

Here in New Zealand they seem to be advertising Samsung Gear VR as a "mainstream appeal". It's probably in the grey area since it is mobile devices I'm talking about, but at least it's something.

I just... I don't even...

Also, regarding the music discussion at the end, I too have run into the exact scenario of a band that sounds great at first, right up until the singer opens their stupid mouths and just proceeds to ruin everything.

I was listening to some interview of a music production guy on NPR, and yes, that's basically a part of a larger tactic. You open a song with some intriguing hook and then you don't even try to make it have anything to do with the rest of the song. You can start off with about fifteen seconds of genuine beauty and then just stop trying. So if you've ever heard a few moments of intriguing keyboarding dissolve into generic thrash, that was on purpose and was probably added in post.

Also radio stations really DO play music till you're sick of it.

Ross great job as always. The other guy eating jelly beans during the middle of the podcast was where I lost interest. I hated the price of the Rift as well but hey I want it to succeed so I bought one. Here's hoping to the future.

Ross great job as always. The other guy eating jelly beans during the middle of the podcast was where I lost interest. I hated the price of the Rift as well but hey I want it to succeed so I bought one. Here's hoping to the future.
May want to wait man! According to PCGamer, the Vive has a better FOV:

http://www.pcgamer.com/tested-oculus-rift-vs-htc-vive-pre/

The real test will be how it translates to gaming, but that really makes me want to hold off. Plus if you're concerned about price, I think Asus and Gigabyte is going to be cheaper.

The main thing that interests me with the Vive over the consumer release version of the Rift is the front camera. I envision some augmented reality going on with that, too. I just wish it was TWO cameras; see the world around you in 3D and have a real experience. Even though I currently have a Rift (DK2), I'm looking towards the Vive more.

I just wish the Hololens had a better FOV. I envision a day where I can eliminate my monitors virtually completely and work with my programs as windows stuck on my wall or sitting on my computer table, in full 3D. :D

This guy though, "I'll still continue valve news network, but I might have a negative twist to it".

I bet he was one of the people who thought objective journalism in video gaming was really important a year ago.

Also he sure like to take about himself.

May want to wait man! According to PCGamer, the Vive has a better FOV:

http://www.pcgamer.com/tested-oculus-rift-vs-htc-vive-pre/

The real test will be how it translates to gaming, but that really makes me want to hold off. Plus if you're concerned about price, I think Asus and Gigabyte is going to be cheaper.

You are probably right. I bought an HD-DVD, Zune, Betamax.... Really though the reason I went with Rift is because I don't like HTC and I'm scared of Steam support. Also the controllers are superfluous to me, but I do like the design of the Rift controllers better. If you happen to test both of them let me know what you think. I can always cancel my order.

Well, as far as some people like to be nice for everyone, you cant denied that ValveNewsNetwork IS (quote) ""an annoying clickbaiting twat with a patreon account."

Life is brutal, and we should learn calling thing by name if you like it or not.

About VR.

As I write on previous VR thread/news( ROSS RANTS: 3D )

There is more and more content for mobile phone VR goggles, and Apps like TrinusVR in current stage are so good that you can play any PC game in VR mode using only your phone and any VR goggles that doesnt cost fortune.

I currently wait for my third goggles, this time a bit more advanced with way better lenses, and even if my current ones are good and I finished few games using them, looking at new content that show up every week, I cant wait to play with it again, even if its not Oculus quality, its still enjoyable and using USB tethering I have minimal lags and thanks to 2k screen on my current phone its just pure joy to watch movies or play games.

So even if Oculus, HTC vive or Sony Project Morpheus will get most attention of media because of obvious possibilities of PC/console they use, most of people would start with mobile phone and simple VR goggles, especially thanks to Youtube VR option. But then people gonna find more and more content for it and THEN maybe they switch to oculus/vive/morpheus, because main problem is price and setup that they have, no one gonna blindly spend few k$ just because its new.

People that spend time with technology gonna buy it just like that because they interested in it, its obvious, but we should not forget that not everyone are like that, and still 90% of people even if heard about it are not gonna buy it just because its "trendy".

PS. Coldplay for me its in the same level as Justin Bieber. Its joke for "no one love me" girls and guys :]

Well, as far as some people like to be nice for everyone, you cant denied that ValveNewsNetwork IS (quote) ""an annoying clickbaiting twat with a patreon account."

Do you also support using vulgar expressions at this forum? you can be brutally honest without being vulgar, you know. There is no need to repeat after people who don't know how to behave at Ross's forum. Ross surely doesn't support expressions like that. There are rules at this forum to be kept.

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

Valve News Network

An annoying clickbaiting twat with a patreon account.

ValveTime.net is superior in every way. Too bad they don't release video updates with the regularity they once used to.

Life is brutal, and we should learn calling thing by name if you like it or not.

Ok, seriously what is with all the hate for Tyler? Non of his content in particular strikes me as being clickbaity and I've seen some downright horrendous clickbait.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

Ok, seriously what is with all the hate for Tyler? Non of his content in particular strikes me as being clickbaity and I've seen some downright horrendous clickbait.

You'll never guess what these forum members said about a YouTuber! Post #3 ruined my day.

Do you also support using vulgar expressions at this forum? you can be brutally honest without being vulgar, you know. There is no need to repeat after people who don't know how to behave at Ross's forum. Ross surely doesn't support expressions like that. There are rules at this forum to be kept.
Yeah, I'm a little surprised about this. Just want to reiterate Rule #1
1. Try not to be a jerk. Maybe I've been working on Civil Protection too long, but I'd prefer to see some civil discussion here. This is intentionally vague, like most constitutions. It's a nice blanket rule to catch anything not specified.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

You'll never guess what these forum members said about a YouTuber! Post #3 ruined my day.

Could you please be specific? I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Valve News Network

An annoying clickbaiting twat with a patreon account.

ValveTime.net is superior in every way. Too bad they don't release video updates with the regularity they once used to.

Yeah, I don't mind the guy. If you go in understanding it as a very casual analysis of Valve news, it's pretty reasonable.

Most of the time, he goes out of his way to try to be clear about speculation or factual news. And the fact is, he doesn't sell himself, in my eyes, as a professional journalist (not that that means anything anymore). He's just a guy talking about Valve news, which is perfectly fine if you keep that in mind.

I will concede that I find ValveTime.net to be the better source, but I would argue that VNN is still engaging enough to give it a go, provided that you approach it from the right perspective.

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

Could you please be specific? I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Just making clickbait out of people bashing Tyler. I don't remember what post #3 mentioned, pulled it out at random :P

Also: This machinima creator asked his fans to help him produce better videos. He did NOT see THIS coming!

(Ross Scott drowns in money after the Freeman's Mind HD video)

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Just making clickbait out of people bashing Tyler. I don't remember what post #3 mentioned, pulled it out at random :P

Also: This machinima creator asked his fans to help him produce better videos. He did NOT see THIS coming!

(Ross Scott drowns in money after the Freeman's Mind HD video)

my bad, it's hard to detect understand someone's intent over the internet. Anyway this ought to be fun.

Top 10 reasons I did not like what this forum poster had to say

You won't believe what this forum poster said

Learn this one simple trick to annoy people on the internet

And can I ask where do you see ""vulgar expressions""?

It is word "twat"? I hope you realize that it also mean an inept person. You see what you want to see, so if had in mind women genitals... you have issues...

I see that some of you are those person that doesnt like any opinion that is not like their opinion.

And we all should be fake polite and nice, and we should not say what we think, even if its not nice opinion.

I know forum rules, and you dont need to behave like typical "elite" members like every internet forum have.

Its just an opinion, you dont like it, deal with it and move on, you dont need to spend another 20post just to bash other person because they doesnt like what you like. Because for now its like war of one person that like color blue and other Red and Im bad because I like orange...

Not to mention that you would rather stick to really small part of my post instead of talking about VR goggles... So tell me who have problem here?

And can I ask where do you see ""vulgar expressions""?

It is word "twat"? I hope you realize that it also mean an inept person. You see what you want to see, so if had in mind women genitals... you have issues...

I see that some of you are those person that doesnt like any opinion that is not like their opinion.

And we all should be fake polite and nice, and we should not say what we think, even if its not nice opinion.

I know forum rules, and you dont need to behave like typical "elite" members like every internet forum have.

Its just an opinion, you dont like it, deal with it and move on, you dont need to spend another 20post just to bash other person because they doesnt like what you like. Because for now its like war of one person that like color blue and other Red and Im bad because I like orange...

Not to mention that you would rather stick to really small part of my post instead of talking about VR goggles... So tell me who have problem here?

I'm not sure if vulgar was the right word to use.

It's more just that it's somewhat of an inflammatory accusation which seems more antagonistic, rather than constructive to overall discussion. I think what she meant was that you could have voiced your concern about the quality of VNN's reporting without resorting to direct insult. It's not so much about the nature of your opinion, which may be entirely valid, but rather it's in how you expressed it. Something like "I'm not a fan of his work because of [examples of perceived misconduct]" rather than "He's just terrible" is a better way to strike up a conversation, is all.

I know if may seem like an odd imposition, but since this is kinda a small community, folks here tend to want to keep things more directly civil since and real discussion topics here will generally involve the same people due to the low user-base. Think sorta like a small town with all it's odd rules due to how folks there interact with each other on a daily basis.

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

Why inventing new wheel if we have it. This quote pretty good say what I think about him. why I should pretend and act like fake person just to "blandish" to some users. I write what I think, if someone dont like it... not my problem.

And I hope you all realize that some people here are for looooooooong time... they, just like me just didnt had reason/time to register to forum... So you dont need to tell that its small community :] I hope you are not persons who judge people by number of post... I dont need to tell that its retarded(hard to call it different)

Also I hope we could stop this useless posting just because someone stick to small part of my post. If someone dont like my opinion, feel free to send me PM filled with anger about why your opinion is better than my.

Lets just stick to more cooler topic like VR...

@Akinaro I would remind you that this is a civil forum and not 4chan. So you need to obey the rules or leave. Also if you provided some evidence of VNN being clickbaity maybe me and Binky wouldn't have made fun of you. Honestly if you can't present your opinion well enough for it not to come across as insulting then don't bother. Your opinion only matters to you anyway.