David Bowie 1947-2016

Sign in to follow this  

Rest in Peace the Legendary Thin White Duke they Called a Goblin King when his true name was Ziggy Stardust, He was The Man Who Sold The World to Major Tom, and well hes gone, just days after he released his final album, he passed away of Liver Cancer. David Bowie was a brilliant brilliant person, and hes gone, hes left our world, for the great beyond....

bowie-4-black_3546162k.jpg

"David's Friendship was the light of my Life. I never met such a brilliant person. He was the best there is." - Iggy Pop on David Bowies death

I know when I first heard any of his songs, I was 8 years old, I heard Suffragette City on the local Classic Rock Radio and I just out of nowhere started to sing it, then I think it was a little bit later I heard Rebel Rebel, then when I was 11/12 I heard Somebody Up There Likes me, when I 13/14 I heard Suffragette City again in Driver Parallel Lines, I figured to myself I needed to check out David Bowies discography, I did that and found a lot more songs I liked, and well I thought it may be a good idea to post your first time you heard a Bowie song and really liked it or saw him in a movie you liked.

This is just a memorial page to the man who I idolized when I was in school wanting to be a culture chameleon as it were when it came to my music.

David Bowie may be gone but his imagery, his music, it will never be forgotten, the ones he worked with like Iggy Pop, John Lennon, as well as the lives hes touched will never forget the man who brought us songs like Hunky Dory, Rebel Rebel, Fame, Fascination, Somebody Up There Likes Me, Suffragette City, Rock N Roll Suicide, Space Oddity, Lazarus, Lady Stardust, Lets Dance, Heroes, and many others.

I know I will be one of the few here who likes David Bowie, I know I will be probably one of the few to buy a physical copy of the album to satisfy my needs, I know I need to find a copy of Ziggy Stardust on Vinyl and Young Americans but I doubt I will find them any time soon. I know I wanted to make this a memorial page to a legend, a man who sold the world, the legend who was known by many many names but will always be remembered for them all

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

Bowie has underpinned pretty much cultural and artistic endevour for almost half a century. Whether or not you are a fan of the man's music, I don't think anyone can legitimately denounce him as overrated or uninteresting, not without coming across as needlessly cynical and bitter.

"I always had a repulsive need to be something more than human. I felt very puny as a human. I thought, "Fuck that. I want to be a superhuman."

jareth__s_crop_by_rebekah_jane-d381ibq.png

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I think I could totally do David Bowie From Labaryinth but my package wouldnt be as big lol

RIP the Thin White Duke

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

I'm still in shock over his passing.

"I tell you one thing: I've been to a parallel universe, I've seen time running backwards, I've played pool with planets, and I've given birth to twins, but I never thought in my entire life I'd taste an edible Pot Noodle."

Well, people die... We've lost some good musicians in the last couple of years... Alvin Lee, Glenn Cornick, Chris Squire - to name a few...

It's sad, but their music stays with us.

So, no need for tears. Just let's celebrate their achievements and we'll all join them wherever they are in time, anyway...

Regards

Well, people die... We've lost some good musicians in the last couple of years... Alvin Lee, Glenn Cornick, Chris Squire - to name a few...

So, no need for tears. Just let's celebrate their achievements and we'll all join them wherever they are in time, anyway...

Regards

It's mostly because he died young compared to the life expectancy of today. 69, was it? If he had died of old age, that would've been better but I suppose not everyone has that privilege. Cancer seems to just be getting worse and worse.

Regards

Guru Josh left us recently too...

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

so did Lemmy Kilmister

And Natalie Cole. The fact that we lost several wonderful musicians in their own right at such a short space of time amazes and saddens me.

Welp, now what?

we lost Prof Snape! NO!!!!!!!!!

All of my favourite people in the world are old men and women. I'm doomed to witness that thin sliver of light that constitutes my heroes lives between two immense pillars and blackness, be snuffed out within a decade or two. What will I ever do when Brian Blessed takes the everlasting knock?

x'c

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

we also just lost the voice of Dr Robotnik today too

I dont want to see Bob Seger die, because when he does Im going to be crying my eyes out to Night Moves for a good long time

we also just lost the voice of Dr Robotnik today too

Which one?

Chikao Ohtsuka

1929-2015

You know David Attenborough turned 90 recently. I don't want to think about a world without his genteel manner and soothing voice.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I dont want to think of a world without Alan Young: the man who voices Scrooge McDuck, hes 96, I would cry if i found out Scrooge McDucks voice over actor passed away.....I would cry like you wouldnt believe

I know the day Stan Lee dies, I'll be doing Marvel things (like watching the Spider-Man movies, Avengers, playing some of the games, etc.)

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA