What game universe do you want to live in?

Sign in to follow this  

Since everyone (2 people) said that this needs its own topic, here it is!

If you could live inside any game, in any game universe, which would you choose and why? (Also: what would you do there?)

And what Gehennas suggested:

If you could put your worst enemy in any game universe, which one would that be?

I personally would probably want to live inside Garry's Mod. You can just do whatever you want and you have full control over everything!

My nemesis I'd teleport into Carmageddon. And I don't mean as a driver.

I like the idea of living inside the Freelancer universe... Customizable ships, alien worlds with sentient apes and robots, alien enemies, fairly easy to access 'pirate' stations in every system, etc.

I already mentioned in the other thread that my enemies should be subjected to the Brutal Mario treatment.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

For now I'm gonna go with Just Cause 2, because the gravity-cancelling hookshot and infinite parachute farting.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

Either Final Fantasy 9 (for the airships, and towns/villages), Kingdom Hearts (gummy ships and multiple worlds), or something else if I change my mind.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

That's a tough one. I'd probably choose a world that would consist of amazing companion/character development, vast world development, and the capability to live an exciting life without promise of death or failure. So, basically, a "better" real life with fantasy/sci-fi mixed into it. A world where I could be "that guy" that goes to random places and does random things with X crew of people. I'm being pretty vague, hehe. I guess I'm more towards sci-fi or fantasy adventure-esque things. Call me a dreamer.

Minecraft! :D

/gamemode 1

Enough said. B) A world under my creative authority!

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Elite: Dangerous.

But you know, not a bounty hunter. I'd be one of those explorers that fuel scoops the stars and stays faaaaaar away from all those bandits and the factions at war because eugh, politics. Who care's about politics and death when every star your eye can see can be a place you go?

Not a trader either. Bottom of the elite food chain since every lawbreaker want a piece of that cargo.

Retired Forum Moderator

Post-ME3 Mass Effect universe. Reapers are gone and ships can go into hyperspace without using Mass Relays. It's a win-win.

inb4 'of course you'd pick that'

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Garry's Mod with a side order of Grand Theft Auto San Andreas or IV.

Just wondering, btw: Shouldn't this be under the Gaming in General section?

Welp, now what?

Actually, since it wasn't specified to be a video game universe, I'd really have to pick something like Dungeons & Dragons... I have enough tech from modern life that I'd be rich in a heartbeat, plus it's got the equivalent of 16+ worlds around the same size as Earth with much lower population. (no competition)

Mass Effect seems pretty nice with its many friendly alien species (integrated in most places), universal translators, galactic civilization, 150 year average human life span, cheap commercial space travel, omni-tools, commercially available gene mods and cybernetics, medical technology (most diseases seemed to have been cured), lack of major wars, less than 1% of all planets being discovered, even less than that being claimed, etc. I'd probably want to be a normal guy doing a white collar job while living on a multi-species colony that happens to be in salarian space- if only because salarian space is the only area that doesn't get burned by the Reapers.

Oh, speaking of which. The Reaper invasion that kills or displaces most of the galactic population is a downside to the ME galaxy if you happen to live during the timeline of the games.

I'd put my nemesis in the world of Half-Life 2, a horrible dystopia where only a small handful of humans are left under a 1984-esque alien dictatorship, and where Earth's biosphere has been wrecked so you can't even be free in the wilderness (most animals were replaced by giant man-eating bug things). Normally I'd say I'd put him in the world of I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream... but no one deserves that.

Post-ME3 Mass Effect universe. Reapers are gone and ships can go into hyperspace without using Mass Relays. It's a win-win.

They could always do that, it's just impractically slow without the mass relays (which is why they rebuild them).

Oh, if my enemy is male, I'd send him to the Battletanx universe. (no women, and you get killed if you even think about trying to take one)

Either Deus Ex or Skyrim

Just out of interest, the time of the original or the time of Human Revolution? And i'm assuming you chose it because you would (want to) get augmented yourself?

OT: Like i said in the Q&A Thread, Mass Effect. Maybe it's just a huge emotional attachment to the games, but i still believe it would be amazing.

Siegreiche Schlacht, du blutschöne Maid!

Küss mich zum Ruhm, sei mein Geleit!

Siegreiche Schlacht, du blutgeiles Biest!

Der Tod ist dein Meister aus Stahl!

Either Deus Ex or Skyrim

Just out of interest, the time of the original or the time of Human Revolution? And i'm assuming you chose it because you would (want to) get augmented yourself?

OT: Like i said in the Q&A Thread, Mass Effect. Maybe it's just a huge emotional attachment to the games, but i still believe it would be amazing.

... huh, I guess it's like choosing if I want gray death or augmentation sickness. I guess HR since it's closer to our own time.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Either Deus Ex or Skyrim

Well, both the original and Human Revolution take place within times of extreme terrorism, riots within Detroit (and possibly many other areas, too) and overall conspiracy-esque events, regardless of what organization they used to represent a new-world-order theme(in this case, the Illuminati).

Let's be honest, chances are if you choose a world that is filled with violence, you'll want to get in on the violence yourself. Otherwise, you're going to live your life as it is now but with possible advancements e.g. 100 years into the future. That's how I feel, since the only difference in the world of Deus Ex, for the most part, is the current violent events. Aside from that, living in a world that is dealing with the questions that come with technological advancements that go so far as to enhance your natural body beyond its current evolutionary stage is something that would interest me a lot, whether not I truly understand what it would mean to be apart of such an ordeal.