What game universe do you want to live in?

Sign in to follow this  

The only Fallout game that is not part of the Fallout series is that really awful Brotherhood of Steel. Otherwise all games are part of the same universe with the only exception being tactics which is only semi-canon because a game after it has yet to confirm an ending for tactics. New Vegas can also be seen as semi-canon (because it doesn't have a canon ending yet) but it definitely did happen.

Er, though I think we're getting a bit too off topic right now, maybe this discussion is better in it's own thread.

I'd love to live in Gunpoint as a private eye. I just really like noir-styled sci-fi stuff and Gunpoint takes that up to eleven.

Actually Yngwie of Haus Malmsteen, feefty eenches of pure Svwedish beef.

I can't speak for Warhammer or Trek but the TES lore community is generally positively receptive to people making their own stuff, the only time that isn't the case is few new fans who think "Nope, lore is what Bethesda says it is"

Funny how those fans will also ignore the spin-offs, the novels and ESO.

BUT THOSE AREN'T CANON!X@##)^^BBQ!! ;p

I think you're right aboy The Elder Scrolls homebrew community. From the quest mods, new monsters, companion mods, etc I've seen that were intended to be within the world's lore fit in nicely yet really add some diversity to the games.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Command and Conquer universe

I would love to follow charismatic leader, even if I end up mutated tiberium freak in the end.

I would love to follow charismatic leader, even if I end up mutated tiberium freak in the end.

Interesting thing is, Kane isn't really evil, but just does some really stupid cult-like shit that makes him seem evil.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Interesting thing is, Kane isn't really evil, but just does some really stupid cult-like shit that makes him seem evil.

He is really selfish, though. But then, his age might be a part of that. (Also, his immortality must be rubbing off on Joe Kucan. Dude hasn't aged a day in over twenty years.)

As for me... Would it be cheating to name a game I'm involved in making?

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

Submit to Yuri's will. Absolute and uncompromising compliance is all that Yuri requires. Do not be concerned about your thoughts for Yuri has thought of all them. All hail Yuri. Without free will Yuri shall bring prosperity to this world. Yuri only wants what's best for his people even if they don't. Do you even have free will? No of course not for free will is only an illusion. Join Yuri's cause today and become as free as you possibly can.

mDV9Am5AlYY

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

Hey! Do you guys remember this thread? It was a pretty good thread, jus' sayin'...

I've been giving it some thought and I've come to the conclusion that the house in Layers of Fear is my dream home. I like being indoors and I love art! I couldn't leave even if I wanted to! It would be like my actual domestic life except all I'd have to worry about is my rad collection of evil transforming paintings and my teleporting horribly burnt ghost wife.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

On that reviving note... Star Trek Online... Time travel, universe hopping, teleportation, no bathrooms, etc. lol

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I would say Witcher 3 because I've been playing it a lot, but I'd be lying. That world is FUCKED up. Like for real that world SUCKS. so much as sneeze funny and you're cursed or killed by some territorial monster.

More seriously, I'd say Stardew Valley. Place is so damn peaceful I think I could stand to be a farmer if I got to live in that town.

Retired Forum Moderator

I would say Witcher 3 because I've been playing it a lot, but I'd be lying. That world is FUCKED up. Like for real that world SUCKS. so much as sneeze funny and you're cursed or killed by some territorial monster.

More seriously, I'd say Stardew Valley. Place is so damn peaceful I think I could stand to be a farmer if I got to live in that town.

I think you have a point with Stardew Valley, it's a kawaii ideal of farming that isn't as back-breakingly difficult or financially crippling as the real thing. We all seem to be picking our favourite games and not necessarily taking into account how terrifying some of those worlds are.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I'm considering this from the viewpoint that living in that world comes with all the ups and downs of that game world, as if I am the actual character of that game and if that's true then yes, Stardew Valley would be the place I'd want to live in the most. The feel of the town, the people, just everything about it seems so wonderful.

Retired Forum Moderator

I've been playing Ape Escape 2 a lot this week, and I've reached the conclusion that I'd never want to set foot in it's particular universe.

Essentially the series is a metaphor for how unethical scientific experimentation may end up doing humanity more harm than good - most specifically in the form of a violent fraternity of terroristic simians, each with their highly erratic behavioural problems and psychological aberrations. Despite the actions of the game's protagonist manifesting this terrifyingly implacable threat to mankind, it seems the world's governments either aren't willing or unable to coordinate their military or logistical efforts in order to end this situation - instead resorting to allowing the same gormless fool whose incompetence allowed the apes arising to occur in the first place, to singlehandedly attempt to capture the aforementioned apes with a series of increasingly bizarre and non-lethal devices.

P.S. It's a good game, btw... :3

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa