ROSS'S GAME DUNGEON: DARKSPORE

Found two copies of Darkspore at a local store today :D Didn't buy them though :3 I didn't tell the store employees about the games "death" either! :P

Why would you boast about that? Do you have a personal reason you hate that store and the customers? If you have that much general contempt for other humans, fine, but we're other humans too...

I'm sort of with Presence here. Not everyone is going to be aware of EA's practices or even that Darkspore is for intents and purposes a discontinued game, especially young and inexperienced gamers or just more casual audience. Speaking as an avowed casual gamer (I'm the kind of person who finds the idea of playing Dark Souls untenable ;p) I wasn't aware of this aspect of current gaming business modus operandi until Ross made me aware of it via Gaming Dungeon.

It would be all too easy for someone like me to pick up a copy of a game like Darkspore (especially it was going cheap) based on the bio blurbs and marketing, and not even be aware of it's imminent status as a deceased and unsupported game. I think it's safe to say that this forums typical userbase is more wise to this nonsense and cynical enough not to be duped, but imagine being a kid and having to face up to the disappointment of having bought an inherently and purposefully extinct game. It would be like that feeling of naively buying a PC game only to realize your system can't handle the specifics.

Was really just for giggles.... But now I feel like a complete dickhead.... Will remedy it next time im there.

Was really just for giggles.... But now I feel like a complete dickhead.... Will remedy it next time im there.

You really shouldn't feel like that. Everybody gets suckered by dodgy products once in awhile.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I'm thinking of writing some follow-up letters to letters I sent a month or so ago, as detailed in Ross's campaign for this video. I know that I want to go into more detail regarding alternatives EA could pursue instead of the business practice we all know and hate, in my last set of letters I veered more towards making the individuals aware of the moves made by Ross and other gamers regarding the indefensible modus operandi of killing games, as well as voicing my heartfelt concerns about the future reputation of big gaming companies.

I just thought I'd bring this up, as I hadn't heard much about this campaign for a while.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

great episode

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."

speaking of the piggy back bandit, there was a slightly similar thing in 16th and 17th century london.

There was a man in 1681 who would wait in alleyways and courtyards for women to appear. He would then grab women, slap their buttocks with his bare hands or a rod of some kind, and yell "Spanko!"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whipping_Tom

1962355550_Whipping_Tomspanko.jpg.a6de07e7054e27f03522c9aecb919be1.jpg

World's largest wildfire is happening right now in Montana.

2 hours ago, RaTcHeT302 said:

i think they should've stayed silent though, just in case EA does a cease and desist again, like they did with battlefield 2

EA can send as many C&D as they want, it's not illegal for them to keep on making these games function again.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.