Site logs me off every couple hours.

Sign in to follow this  

Are you browsing in in-private/Incognito mode for IE or Edge / Google Chrome, respectively?

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

In Chrome, when checking the settings for Cookies, did you also check the 'Manage Exceptions' area? I'm guessing you probably have, but it's worth asking, just in case.

I have checked.

You know, this problem started when Jeb temp banned me a while ago. Could that be related?

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." -Stephen Colbert.

I'm seeing an awful lot of people that are having identical issues with only an extremely narrow set of sites, all on Windows 10, all just recently got an update, all started having the problem around the same time as you.

Sounds more and more like yet another W10 botched update to me.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Considering my laptop is also windows 10 and never has this issue, I'm going to ignore you on this one.

If problems were that easy to recreate, and everyone had the same computer, programmers would be the happiest people alive and get so much more work done. XD It might be Windows 10 fucking with you, if it's happening on every single browser and ONLY happening to you.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

If problems were that easy to recreate, and everyone had the same computer, programmers would be the happiest people alive and get so much more work done. XD It might be Windows 10 fucking with you, if it's happening on every single browser and ONLY happening to you.

+1

Considering my laptop is also windows 10 and never has this issue, I'm going to ignore you on this one.

I take it that the other laptop is not the same exact hardware? If so, then your assumption is incorrect in ruling out W10 being the culprit.

I've worked out what's happening, Seattleite. It's to do with you appearing to have a dynamic IP address. Every time it updates, the forum logs you out when the first three portions of your new IP address don't match the ones in the original IP address you were logged in with (ie the parts with x's in xxx.xxx.xxx.yyy).

It's possible for me to adjust this global forum setting to only validate the first portion, or only the first and second portions of the IP address, however your IP address appears to be completely random when it changes, so I don't think reducing it by a slight amount would have any impact; I'd have to turn it off entirely.

In addition, reducing or disabling this setting increases the risk of the possibility of user sessions getting hijacked by malicious third-parties, which would obviously be unfortunate were this to occur.

Interesting that it's getting a dynamic IP that changes so rapidly, and only on one computer... Sounds an awful lot like a redirect system commonly found in certain types of malware.

Yeah, wtf, why does your IP address change every time you close your browser? It's like, a bipolar IP address or some shit. XD IP address with an identity crisis. Split personality disorder.

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Yeah, I fucking hate my internet, I've been trying to do something about it. And you know, I think Frontier knows. Every time I search for other internet providers in my area, it gets really slow, or it crashes. I'm just here going "I'm going to take my business to your competitors." and they're all "I don't respond well to threats."

Yeah, wtf, why does your IP address change every time you close your browser? It's like, a bipolar IP address or some shit. XD IP address with an identity crisis. Split personality disorder.

I don't think it's anything to do with his browser(s) unless some sort of proxy extension or addon is being utilised (which, considering the information provided, I doubt is the case); his external IP address could change whilst he's still connected at any time. It depends on the logic the ISP is using to determine when to assign new IPs to the people that are connecting or already connected.

I'll admit that it does seem a bit peculiar for it to be changing so frequently. Seattleite, is your router-modem often left switched on when you switch off your machine/stop browsing the internet, or do you switch it off often? For dynamic IP addresses, I believe a new IP would usually be assigned to you every time you disconnect and reconnect your router-modem from your connection to your ISP.

9001% chance it's my ISNP. (Internet Service Non-Provider.) As my girlfriend so eloquently puts it, we seem to have bought our internet on Craigslist. (She has the same ISNP.) And as soon as we gave them the money they put their foot on the gas.