Games you used to love, but now hate

Sign in to follow this  

Tomb Raider 1 & 2- i cant say how many hours i sank into those games being pretty much stuck in same area for ages. Still, i loved it. Now, however, they are extremely bad, both of them.

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Tomb Raider 1 & 2- i cant say how many hours i sank into those games being pretty much stuck in same area for ages. Still, i loved it. Now, however, they are extremely bad, both of them.

*shrugs* I still love them. Whenever I play them I always get that feeling the first time I was playing them, that I'm exploring places with history. And fighting the same generic badguy after the next.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I remember Jak 2 being brutally difficult. I played and finished 1 previously but I couldn't beat Jak 2. So I just jumped straight into 3 and finished that. Due to this I didn't get what had happened at Jak 3's start and after I had beaten Jak 3 I was determined to beat 2. Once I did beat 2 all the puzzle pieces fit together. It was a rather interesting experience and it's encouraged me to try other series this way where I don't play games in a series in sequential order.
For me it was kinda similar. I finished 2 first and after that I went for 1, but only years after already in the PS3 era. For me 2 will always be something special with its story telling and its time travel. I loved the gritty Jak and it was interesting traveling back with the young Jak after the end of 2 and learning his character from the beginning. Back in "the present" I went for the third one and though it had gone for a more positive feel to the character Jak there was still this violent and believable world. It's a great ending and I really like how they finished the main series. Though I would love to see a world and characters like in the Jak & Daxter series again somehow.

PayDay 2. Used to love it, I got sick of it. And not to mention, it's really turned to shit cause the developers are weird and on drugs or something. I dunno.

Basically this

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA