Civil Protection: The Tunnel

Ross, please upload the full version to your website! I want to watch it again, start to finish, the way it was meant to be watched. This is by far my favorite Civil Protection episode by far. I don't mind waiting if it takes you a while to upload it, though.

My only hope is that you do eventually wrap up the story and return to the status quo. Civil Protection is awesome. Keep up the great work! It was well worth the wait.

I don't really see it as any more of a cliffhanger than Morning Patrol was. The durability of their body armor was established when Dave got hit by the car, and Mike's complaining during the credits shows that the monsters chawing away at said armor was nothing more than an annoyance. I figure they'll eat through that pod thing he was in long before they penetrate it and he'll just shoot them and leave with Dave.

This is my favourite episode ever. The 2 year waiting has been completely worth it, I loved the developped plot , I really got into the diary until Mike said "There's that sounds again". And crapped an entire brick a couple of times... Kudos to Ross and EVERYONE who made this possible... However... There's something that really bugs me and it's that we dob't know if Dave got his crackers...

Lol... Overall excellent episode. Thank you Ross (=

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

Ross do you use Gmod as well as Source SDK to create this?

Amazing Episode I hope you'll make some kind of ending to it(I know that it is hard for you but its just not right to leave it like this...)....like maybe part 3 (2-3 minutes vid)

anyway The Tunnel was The best machinima that I've ever watched and I Hope Dave N' Mike Wont end there lives here lol

keep up the good work !

best moment ever

http://s49.radikal.ru/i126/1103/84/5dc067edf21a.jpg

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

First I was like: The Tunnel is released!

Then I was like:

Then I was all:

Then, I:

Then I went all:

Suddenly I was:

Then I was:

Then I was all:

And then, at the end, I was all: "FFFUUU--!"

Must...have...more....

Great job, Ross! It's so great.

1. GODDAMN CLIFFHANGERS

2. This is freaking awesome - I want a sequel

3. I heard the Cthulhu reference when Dave was muttering

4. I want a sequel

5. This is amazing

6. I want a sequel

Freaking fantastic. I'm gonna go watch it again.

Agreed!

Agreed!

Absolutely amazing movie ! In fact it is my favorite of all from the series! To be honest it kept me at the edge of the seat all the time! If i am not mistaken you based the story on the one of book called also "The Tunnel"? I swear I heard Dave mumbling something "Cthulhu" at the end. Plus, the atmosphere was like in H.P. Lovecraft's stories

Awesome episode !

It was really atmospheric, not downright creepy, but it had it's own feel to it ! And the soundtrack was perfect, congrats to the composers

I found the change in atmosphere in this episode to be fantastic. The older episodes seemed to be more comedy but i loved this!

Great work guys keep it up!

An absolute 5/5. That kinda creeped me out, but I liked it all the more for it.

One thing, though- was the Eddy that is mentioned there the same guy as the one Gordon mentions in one of the earlier FM episodes? Kinda funny if so, seeing as Eddy would probably be one of the force elders, with the- what, 15, 20 years? - between the two mentions.

1. GODDAMN CLIFFHANGERS

2. This is freaking awesome - I want a sequel

3. I heard the Cthulhu reference when Dave was muttering

4. I want a sequel

5. This is amazing

6. I want a sequel

Freaking fantastic. I'm gonna go watch it again.

Agreed!

Agreed!

Same, also loved Dave muttering something about Cthulhu

Where are Dave's crackers...dammit?!?!

Dude, Ross said he made that scene exclusively for the trailer.

Nice episode. Good cliffhanger; the viewer is left wanting for more. Very atmospheric, and serious script -- I like it like that.

I think the biggest weaknesses in this episode are that it's a little slow to develop and I may have left too many unanswered questions. The episode was written years ago and if I were to do it again today I would have made some more changes. By the time I noticed some script weaknesses in it, I had come too far in production to just change everything.
I am not sure those are weaknesses, really, as those are also intrinsic strengths. EDIT: A work of art in and of itself.

It is quite unfortunate though that you are wasting most of your energies on the animation part. Just a thought.

All in all, I appreciated that episode, and would recommend it to friends having a penchant for atmospheric creations.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)