Civil Protection: The Tunnel

Awesome episode. Loved the Lovecraftian story. You sir, are a scholar and a gentleman.

[CAUTION, SPOILERS] My only regret is not knowing what comes next. Who was the man in the car? Is he important to the story or was that just a random event? What was the G-man doing at that door (during the journal reading sequence)? Are Mike and Dave dead? If they survived, how did they do it? Did Barney help them escape? Are we looking at a Kenny from South Park kind of deal? What happened to Dave, why was he speaking in tongues, mentioning Cthulhu at least once? Will there be a sequel or at least a short explanation as to how they (if indeed they did) survive at the beginning of the next CP episode? [END SPOILERS]

Food for thought.

Also, I believe there's nothing standing now between us and the Accursed Donation System, isn't it? C'mon Ross. The money is there, you could probably put it to good use.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

I honestly don't think there needs to be much of a sequel on this. It seemed to have wrapped up nicely if you've ever at least heard of the themes from Lovecraftian fare. Or really most any scary story for that matter. Plus, Mike and Dave are most likely still alive. In every other episode they get badly injured or put an in "unbeatable" situation. This is just another one of those situations for the duo.

Damn it, Ross, you're scary!

Than again, Bulgaria is a scary place on it's own.

Note to self : DO NOT enter eerie tunnels if I see one.

About the episode : Well done I must say!120 GB of raw matherial?!No wounder Macihima need so much time to upload it.

This is a truly spooky episode!I expected more laughts but the horror element is something new and exciting in the CP series.The only thing that bugs me now, thought, is that I will have to wait months(hopefully not years) for another CP episode or maybe a sequel(it would be appropriate, I think).

Good job, mate! (:

Ross, I hope the video is a bit less than 120 gig when it's compiled and put on your website. :o

That's gonna suck up some bandwith

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

I honestly don't think there needs to be much of a sequel on this. It seemed to have wrapped up nicely if you've ever at least heard of the themes from Lovecraftian fare. Or really most any scary story for that matter. Plus, Mike and Dave are most likely still alive. In every other episode they get badly injured or put an in "unbeatable" situation. This is just another one of those situations for the duo.

Exactly. They've been through ordeals just as bad in other videos and they always just sort of... get past it. I like Mike's theory about borrowed time.

Ross, I hope the video is a bit less than 120 gig when it's compiled and put on your website. :o

It should be only a few hundred MBs if it is in HD (720p more specifically.).

Did anyone find the scene which Ross had to remake in Hl2 Ep1? I watched it and couldn't locate it. Damn Ross... you're good. *showdown stare*

I really like animations in this Episode

and J.C., your signature is... scary...

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Hello from Bulgaria . I see that there is some confusion as to is Dave speaking bulgarian at the end of the episode and I want to clearefy that he is definitely NOT speaking bulgarian. Maybe Ross intended it to be bulgarian, but didn't actually know any words, sooo... who knows . Anyway, good episode, hope to see more soon.

Twas a good episode. It seemed like it would be longer, but if you did that, I think some of the people here would've preformed hari kiri.

Nice Job, Ross. A genuinly scary episode, and I'm not easily scared. The speeding car bit got me in its sudden-ness, the Diary Man's story was just creepy, and the rotting corpse scare was just right.

The music really helped. Those original compositions were very well done by the musicians. Kudos to them.

Quick question, will there be a sequel? I only ask because the ending (I personally thought) was going to be them getting to the bottom of what it was, leave, and have a typical ending where Mike ends up bleeding on the ground. This ending was similar in the sense of Mike bleeding on the ground (in a way), but Mike and Dave are still stuck there with the Stalker thing and the Diary Man. This seems to be the only episode that you can't watch in non-sequencial order. I'm only imagining a resolution, but I'm not expecting it yet (although, the wait was definetly worth it for the episode, although it would've been more fitting for Halloween, just sayin'), 'cause I know the editing, animation, voice acting, and all that jazz is time consuming and you're a busy guy.

Sorry if I rambled. Still, top notch stuff.

One last thing, this episode blew my mind. I can't wait to see the other stuff if you ever get the time and budget to do them.

Does anyone know the music track at 11:00 in the video? (Part one for those who saw the youtube version)

I KNOW I've heard that track before in "IGN's 13 Scariest games of All Time" segment, and they say it's from some game called "Black Mirror", but I've looked through tracks (on youtube) and can't find that specific piece.