Evolution vs. Creation being taught in schools

Sign in to follow this  

Yes, they were merged together. Posting a second message right after one's own should only be done to bump a thread, in all other situations the edit button works just fine.

Now let's not go off the tracks and return to the topic.

@Michael Archer:

I stated something, you have to disprove it or you're assuming everyone, except me, is you. I know of no legitimate science that contradicts my original post, so please... Enlighten me to these decades of research.

From the looks of almost everything that you responded with, you're merely trolling.

@Axeldeath's analogy to human skin color changes:

Adaptation is not the same as evolution. Adaptation doesn't necessarily get passed from generation to generation. Some do, but most don't, and there are no adaptations that stack beyond a certain amount.

Here's an experiment you can do, try making your descendants immune to radiation... Just irradiate yourself, your spouse, your kids, and any others of your line, and see what happens.

This is about what is being taught in schools, not about what the theories mean to us personally.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

About the original topic, about these different views being taught in schools... I think that both should be taught, so that both are fully understood, and then they can choose to believe what they will.

But when? At what age should people be first taught without the risk of bias towards one of the two?

idk much bout this topic... at school we were taught both theories, allowing us to take our own conclusions... i think that something (call it "God", call it "the big bang", call it however u like it) created everything, and then, somehow, life was created, but evolution made it become what it is today.

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: You just blow that fife

[82nd] Mr. Kochi Bracegirlde: the 'if ye know what i mean' aside

Hooper: want to give your men a fast reload? BLOW ME FIRST

But when? At what age should people be first taught without the risk of bias towards one of the two?

That is the big problem... They were shoving evolution down my throat at age 4... Good thing I had no aversion to puking it back out all over them.

Church is for teaching religion, school is for teaching things we will need later in our lives to get careers etc. If parents want their children to learn about religion then you send them to a school that teaches that ( e.g. christian/ catholic schools etc. ).

Church is for teaching religion, school is for teaching things we will need later in our lives to get careers etc. If parents want their children to learn about religion then you send them to a school that teaches that ( e.g. christian/ catholic schools etc. ).

Then why are you for teaching evolution in schools? It isn't proven, which leaves it in the realm of a belief system. (religion)

Then why are you for teaching evolution in schools? It isn't proven, which leaves it in the realm of a belief system. (religion)

It has a lot more scientific merit than creationism. If we teach nothing, we won't get anywhere. Maybe someone will prove evolution one day.

We should teach evolution in the later years of school, but we should also teach kids a bit about the various religions of the world. Religions have importance whether or not they are true. I don't have to believe in any sort of God to be influenced by the words of Jesus or Buddha or whatever.

If religion is taught in schools it cannot be taught as if it is the truth, if we teach the bible in schools you have to teach it as if it is just a book, not the truth. And besides, over here in New Zealand we aren't taught as if evolution is a fact, it is taught as a theory. We've never had problems with education in our country, NZ's main religion is christianity yet we have no problems. I've seen some pretty crazy stuff on news programs on America and though I like to take video's like them with a grain of salt we've never had anything like that.

Headlining our national news today is the story of a Head Boy who was caught drunk driving and wasn't demoted. That's pretty much the big story in NZ.

Wikipedia is an open source online encyclopedia. I'm not saying you're wrong, or the page contains false information, but I wouldn't rely on it for backing an argument.

On a more related note, I believe in evolution. But the key words in this sentence are "believe in". Just like old testament zealots can believe in god.

(For clarification, I don't intend on the above sentence to be particularly offensive to any one group. I hate all of you, equally. Except Ross. I want him Alive so he can make me laugh.)

On a more related note, I believe in evolution. But the key words in this sentence are "believe in". Just like old testament zealots can believe in god.

(For clarification, I don't intend on the above sentence to be particularly offensive to any one group. I hate all of you, equally. Except Ross. I want him Alive so he can make me laugh.)

I respect that you used the term believe because that is what it comes down to, what you choose to believe in. There's no actual evidence for any of the theories so how someone can be right just because they find it more logical than the other is beyond me.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Do keep in mind that evidence and proof are two completely different things.

My point was that there is plenty of scientific evidence and knowledge that leads scientists (and me) to believe the current theories, but there is no hard proof yet to confirm them.

Tasty food for thought: If science later proved that neither evolution nor creation was true, would it become biased because of how sure it was about evolution previously?

Tastier food for thought:

How would Christians react to their entire religion being publicly disproved? I'd love to see the popes reaction.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 1 Anonymous, 63 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.