Evolution vs. Creation being taught in schools

Sign in to follow this  

nonetheless it is 100% what it became today isn't it?

The question of where the world came from "if it really matters" then arises, which is the discussion of Philosophers.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

I really think mainstream public schooling should stick to a more secular education. Whether people like it or not, not everyone believes in the same thing. I say let the Church's teach the things from their books, and let the schools teach the more... what's the word... mainstream(?) ideas in the science classes. If schools say, want to teach Creationism in a world religion class or some other elective, that's fine since I would hope kids would be able to understand what they're choosing to expose themselves to. But I don't think that public institutions should force religion-specific beliefs/ideas (I believe creationism has a pretty complex proof somewhere, but I'm having trouble finding it in a non-fluff form) on students that don't choose to accept said religion or beliefs.

When I was in germany they tought us both religion and science as long as I know, and nobody complained...

Well, first of all, my problem was never with teaching religion and science in schools. Even this thread isn't about that. It's about teaching specifically Evolution or Creation in science classes. In fact, my original post acknowledged my acceptance to teaching students about religions in school. I'm not really sure what your comment had to do with mine, now that I think of it... Anyway, since you brought up how things were for you in Germany, I may as well mention how things are slightly different here in the US. Unlike Germany, people here have complained about the relation of church and the public school system.

As Blue already said:

The correct "conflict" is between Religion and Atheism or Antireligion, not Religion and Science.

nonetheless it is 100% what it became today isn't it?

The question of where the world came from "if it really matters" then arises, which is the discussion of Philosophers.

Well as far as I know it is not up to me to understand this and thus far I will take my probably very far off from the truth theory, nonetheless the best I could come up with logic (However if the world wasn't made logically or at some point laws wasn't as it is today then my whole theory is completely pathetic and a waste).

Hopefully there will be some kind of clue in life to understand it, otherwise I will let this subject be as it is, and only vaguely try to understand how and why and where the world is going. There should be some attention to life however spending your whole life figuring it out seems wasteful.

One thing that I do understand is that unless there is magic/illogic/another world out there, it is impossible for anyone to live happy for eternity. But that's not the worst thing, I also figured if there is no magic/illogic/another world out there then there is no possible variation where after death we/our conscience will be happy.

@Obsidian I don't really understand why you have such a problem about this. We teach realigion in our classes and there is no hatred towards anyone, we respect beliefs of all kind. What's the problem with atheists in america? Are the students too stupid to find out themselves what's the truth? In Germany as I said, people teach religion in public and they are the most secular country out there. Banning religion to be taught, just like censoring things in the soviet union only makes it seem even more true/worse then before.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

]@Obsidian I don't really understand why you have such a problem about this. We teach realigion in our classes and there is no hatred towards anyone, we respect beliefs of all kind. What's the problem with atheists in america? Are the students too stupid to find out themselves what's the truth? In Germany as I said, people teach religion in public and they are the most secular country out there. Banning religion to be taught, just like censoring things in the soviet union only makes it seem even more true/worse then before.

Alright, at this point I don't understand how in the heck you see that I have a problem with teaching about religion in school. I said several times that I would be fine with it. I can't explain the mindset of an entire nation, so that's not even an issue I'm going to touch. Also, and I'm using this phrase entirely too much, I never said anything about banning religion being taught. As I said in my original post, and my subsequent post, I'm fine with teaching about religion in elective classes or history classes. You seem to be stuffing a lot of words and ideas in my mouth without me having said a thing to support them. Also, I can't say anything about atheists in the US, as I'm not one and there's no way anything I'd say could do their feelings toward the subject of teaching creationism in school that would do the US atheist community justice. You seem to be hung up on the general idea of teaching about religion in school, something I've been fine with (and have said so very clearly, thrice now) for a long time. Bear in mind that this thread is about the evolution vs. creation debate, not religion vs... whatever it is you're putting it against.

Goog gracious that wasn't directed to you, by "You" I meant USA as a nation. That's why I went on with the atheists. Stupid english language having two seperate you's with different meanings.

Anyway, I've stated pretty much everything I needed in this thread already, let's not make this my most posted thread in again. I only came here to resolve an issue with Jack Noire originally and then I just saw some points I could answer.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

The side that is the least angry at the other.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.