Share your videogame/mod ideas

Sign in to follow this  

I see anther image sharing site decided to buttfuck people over.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

photobucket is hot garbage, i stopped using that shit years ago

just use sharex/imgur honestly, images hosted there are hosted pretty much forever and there's no anti-hotlinking fluff or account creation needed

the name's riley

Probably an open world Starship Troopers videogame. Not in the Film style (except for the bugs) but from the novel style, where they are hulking suits of power Armour, similar to the tank class in Planetside 2.

You have a Solar system to explore, jumping back across different planets and different environments from spaceships to deserts to underwater to cityscapes.

You have third person/first person combat with a variety of different firearms and laser weapons to choose from, with each suits of armour ranging from Scout to Soldier, Sniper, Commander, and Marauder offering special weapons and abilities. In VR, each arm could be controllable to aim in two places at the same time, although I donno how it would effect the movement.

You don't just have to fight bugs too: you could face insurgents, terrorists, traitorous marines, even zombies infected with an alien parasite.

It could also include space combat, similar to the style from Dead Space 2 & 3, but expanded upon and with fully fleshed out ship interiors for boarding actions.

Multiplayer support could be for Deathmatch, Swarm survival, Objective based Domination, even Space combat.

I've seen FPS games like Infinite Warfare and Titanfall get closer to this style of game, but the over saturation of this genre means that anything like this wouldn't release at time of writing.

Non Nobis Domine, Non Nobis, Sed Nomine, tuo da Glorium

12 hours ago, Williamrush said:

Is anyone still playing fallout? I have seen some good developments in the game recently.

Depends, are we talking 1/2 or NV/TTW?

NV modding has picked up a hell of a lot over the past couple of years but unfortunately there's still a lot of engine-level shit that honestly still make the game really difficult to come back to all these years later. The big one for me is the janky ass movement, like, there feels like a really heavy input delay, when you stop moving you occasionally lurch in whatever direction you were moving in, the jumping feels really stiff, that kind of thing.

Movement is arguably the most important aspect in a first person shooter. FNV is fine in that it leans more heavily on its RPG elements than its FPS elements and can use VATS to fill in the gaps, but gameplay starts to feel stale when you're relegated to using VATS the majority of the time.

the name's riley

actually that's pretty much what my ideal mod would be. if someone could figure out how to de-jank FNV's movement it would make the game immeasurably better.

the name's riley

20 hours ago, Annie said:

actually that's pretty much what my ideal mod would be. if someone could figure out how to de-jank FNV's movement it would make the game immeasurably better.

FONV in FO4 would be the mod to look for, if it was possible.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

On 4/16/2021 at 1:58 PM, BTGBullseye said:

FONV in FO4 would be the mod to look for, if it was possible.

no such mod currently exists

F4NV is in development but it will probably remain so for at least another couple of years

the name's riley

23 hours ago, ultrayoba said:

But why port game from one version of gamebryo to other using limited avalible instruments?

Improved visuals, better stability, updated mechanics. I for one would love to rebuild the starting area of FONV.

3 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

Improved visuals, better stability, updated mechanics. I for one would love to rebuild the starting area of FONV.

Personally I'd not describe F4 mechanis as an improvement, and jump from the visuals not that big. In my personal opinion it would be more productive just to wait (or even better, help) the development of OpenMW so it'll faster reach  the point when it'll be able to support all gamebryo games.

On 4/19/2021 at 4:11 AM, ultrayoba said:

Personally I'd not describe F4 mechanis as an improvement

Which is why I said "updated"... Many people don't like it, but I find it just as fun.

and jump from the visuals not that big.

Only if you're using something like ENB in FONV, and running stock in FO4. (which can also use ENB)

In my personal opinion it would be more productive just to wait (or even better, help) the development of OpenMW so it'll faster reach  the point when it'll be able to support all gamebryo games.

Considering that that will take at least another decade or two, and a total conversion mod is likely to take less than a decade, (if TESR is any indication) I would say that is unlikely to actually be true.

9 hours ago, BTGBullseye said:

(if TESR is any indication)

Well actually Skywind is clear example of such project: In development for a decade, Skyrim now as old as Morrowind when this project started, questionable "new artistic vision" of artists and problems to implement original MW mechanics via avalible Skyrim instruments. I guess this project is sort of alive only because Bethesda turned into valve in their development time.

I got one game idea i'd like to someday see: an open world train based survival game.
you'd be in this big wasteland of open fields, forests, towns, all that, and you could go anywhere, but the main focus would be moving around by train. Finding new cars to hook up, upgrading the engine, plus all the classic wasteland stuff of toxic areas, and monsters. It'd also be cool if you could move around as the train is moving so you can do on the move repairs and stuff, maybe include a way for players to tether themselves to the train so if they fall off the engine will start to slow down and not just run away, like a safety cord on an exercise machine.

I don't think anyone would ever make a game like that, because who the hell aside from me would ever buy a "survival train simulator." 

On 10/4/2021 at 9:36 AM, Twist.VMF said:

I don't think anyone would ever make a game like that, because who the hell aside from me would ever buy a "survival train simulator." 

Sounds like fun to me...

So...once this idea came to me in my dream.

It is a Multiplayer RTS, each player controls one squad of single side of a conflict, each squad have a hero with multiple abilities you can improve during the game. Players have single resources pool, that they can spend on their squad separately. Map of the game have a top-down view and it is really big, and you have to coordinate your squads to conquer it.

If anyone know about some games that fits the description - please let me know. On a paper it sounds pretty cool, but I am not a game designer, even if I know some thing about it