PLANETSIDE 2 RECRUITMENT VIDEO

This game is pretty cool, but I'm kinda dissapointed that even the first game is so MMO-ish like, but so far it looks way cooler than PS2 to me, the fact that it has constant background music is pretty awesome to me, I seriously love the music, the music in PS2 is really meh.

I'll be honest, PS1 is a fucking logistics simulator rather than MMOFPS. I personally dislike that game with passion for trying to pass as FPS with such horrendously bad feeling shooting that I want to stop playing FPSes for awhile after it.

PS2 has way more streamlined experiece than first one and if people can't fiddle with second one, first one is way beyond that some if not majority can deal with.

There's too much fiddling for too little feedback, with going to correct place to sit in correct position in vehicles, fiddling with inventory to put in everything without leaving blank slots (which as far as I read ended up purely in grenade spamming the hallways), selecting correct armor for driving or fighting (which is maybe correct decision, if there were meaningful suit slots outside heavy, MAX and pilot), guns feel terrible in that game and are pretty generic, each gun is everybodies gun and not one really can give you "this is my rifle" feeling. And fuck stamina bars in that game. It's and logistics simulator with fps gameplay elements, which are poorly executed compared to their contemproary FPSes like ET:W, though even that does feel quite dated. It might great from people with affinity to RTSes and grand strategies, but to me, a person of footsoldiering and simple squad leading, it's god damn boring.

P.S. can you thumbnai the image please, it's kinda annoying to scroll left and right due to size of it .

P.S. can you thumbnai the image please, it's kinda annoying to scroll left and right due to size of it .

Someone else edited the post for me, I'll put overly large images in spoiler tags the next time. Anyway I did notice after a few minutes that some things are a bit overly complicated. I only looked around for a few minutes before I went to eat.

LcAC37P.png

Jesus christ.

wgmilIZ.png

I still think the game has some neat features though, but if I had worked on the game I would also streamline the shit out of it.

XWkaDG3.png

Edit: I just levelled up by standing around.

Wx9f4RA.png

Anyway we should stick to PS2 then, I'll mess around in PS1 for a bit though. The stamina system is so terrible. I'm going to explore the world though, seems like it would fun.

If Ross doesn't set up any official communications players could set up private voicechats using servers like ´s. That way probably a few people can try to take over bases in group and we can have better coordination. If there´s lots of fire going on at a point because of one of these units people watching the stream may feel inclined to go there or follow whatever Ross says if he feels like commanding these groups through the stream or something. I'll be trying to run the game with my E7500 and HD 6750, which can handle games like GTA V and Metro last light in 1280 x 720 minimum settings. I'll mod the config files if needed. lol.

If Ross doesn't set up any official communications players could set up private voicechats using servers like ´s. That way probably a few people can try to take over bases in group and we can have better coordination. If there´s lots of fire going on at a point because of one of these units people watching the stream may feel inclined to go there or follow whatever Ross says if he feels like commanding these groups through the stream or something. I'll be trying to run the game with my E7500 and HD 6750, which can handle games like GTA V and Metro last light in 1280 x 720 minimum settings. I'll mod the config files if needed. lol.

What's the FoV minimum you can bear?

Hm, so serious, almost like you forgot that this is the game :) I don't know about the rest, but I definitely will be there only to hear your (and other people's) comments on the major clusterfucks that will inevitably happen. I mean, what's the point of advertising this as a "playsession with fans" if you are going to distance yourself from the actual playing as much as possible? So I really encourage you to at least setup some one-way voice chat. Twich is not very good at that, because it eats bandwidth for image, that no-one in play really needs, and it has a noticeable lag.

I also think that this have some potential as a video feature, provided that the voicechat will be recorded: some funny moments together with people's reaction. This can be fun.

Are there any other people with the access to some voice-chat servers? Mine alone won't support several hundreds, but if we divide the load between 5-6 it might be feasible.

I realize twitch isn't ideal, but this is going to be a logistics nightmare with the communication, so maybe there can be intermediaries relaying what I say to the right people. At least with twitch, EVERYONE can access it if they need to (or just want to watch). Plus some people could keep twitch off most of the time, then turn it on if they want to see my location.

I got about 560 hours played (although haven't played in a year) and I strongly suggest you setup an outfit for everybody. I wouldn't make it mandatory but I would very strongly suggest it to everybody. Reason being is you want to coordinate, otherwise people will just get lost and frustrated because they will not really "feel" the connection. Sure you can have the stream open and running at the same time but that's very chaotic, especially since you hear gunfire from the stream that isn't really near you. Reason for the outfit would mainly be coordination. You want to tell all your little minions where to strike next, even just in the most general sense (continent x - strike south or strike base y). Without an outfit everybody will just feel like a random player without a purpose - you'll need to motivate the troops and such to prevent the army from losing cohesion!
I'm trying to figure that out now, but I definitely don't want to be the one running it. It would be better to hand that off to someone more experienced with new players. I would be fine with them operating independent of me also, though having some sort of communication pathway to the outfit would be helpful as well. There are multiple tiers I'm envisioning for this:

1. Brand new players who barely got through the tutorial (I don't expect them to join squads or outfits, that's why I was emphasizing autonomy in the tutorial)

2. Beginning to intermediate players who want more organization (this is who we'll want an official outfit for)

3. Advanced players (these people should operate independent from me as they see fit).

Why are people still saying to make an Outfit? THERE IS ONE ON EACH OF THE US SERVERS ALREADY!!! Accursed Farms (US West server) and Accursed Farms East (US East server) are open for anyone to join!
I've gotten a couple emails about possibilities also, but let's try and decide on an official one before the next videochat on May 1st if we can, I can announce it then that way.

Oh also Ross never said anything about the Q key, it's not something really needed for the video but marking enemies is pretty useful.
I was aiming for as SIMPLE AS POSSIBLE. I don't expect brand new players to even use the minimap necessarily.

Oh also Ross never said anything about the Q key, it's not something really needed for the video but marking enemies is pretty useful.
I was aiming for as SIMPLE AS POSSIBLE. I don't expect brand new players to even use the minimap necessarily.

I know I got that, that's why I said it wasn't necessary, I was just wondering if you knew about it. I mentioned that for anyone else who might be reading the thread for more info, it wasn't ment to be something needed for the video. I doubt new players will seek to post here but I posted that for them just in case.

I mean if I had worked on the game I would've essentially done the same, they can easily figure out anything else (I mean there's more to it than them just figuring it out on their own, I would secretly guide them somehow by designing the game in a certain way, but at least it would feel natural). I really feel as if equipment stations are very poorly marked in the game by default though. So many of these issues could've been avoided if the game was designed with new players in mind, I don't think forcing someone to play through a tutorial is such a great idea. It all has to naturally flow through gameplay. I don't really know how to explain it. But they could for example lock some of the starting classes until you get at least one level, also the currency system in the game is pretty messy, it would be neat if you could gain cash by capturing points and completing objectives, maybe you do though, I have no idea, my post is really vague, too many details to go over.

Unrelated but, the buildings are so lazily done, they really should've gone with something less confusing, I have a very hard time reaching certain objectives in time and I waste so much time walking around. There's a big issue with objectives which can only be reached by reaching certain jump pads. The way I would do it would be to have those big buildings with 4 letters work like this. You capture the first 3 letters and then they can never be taken back, I would then have giant green jump pads which would turn on once the points have been captured, I would place them around the A, B, C areas so that players can easily get on top without getting lost. Air drops could also be enabled for this thing, I don't think air drops are used for anything else but for the Instant Action mode.

PS2 has a ton of big issues like this one. This is not something I would first focus on however, there are other things to solve beforehand, just a random thing that really bugged me a lot. These icons are too damn tiny. They should be like 3x - 4x bigger, that pistol icon is also too difficult to notice, it's a bad icon too. Every icon in this game looks the same, makes no sense.

http://i.imgur.com/EZzBh0a.png

Really wish things would stand out more against the background too. Solving the minimap issue wouldn't really fix this problem though, the terminals are still really hard to find.

http://i.imgur.com/dAT9SAa.png

Who honestly thought this was a good idea?

http://i.imgur.com/FoQvBxU.png

I realize twitch isn't ideal, but this is going to be a logistics nightmare with the communication, so maybe there can be intermediaries relaying what I say to the right people.

Or, if we find several voice-chat servers, we can chain-link them together to relay the messages from one-another. Did you know you can do this? :) We may not yet have flying cars, but at least the message relaying is something our computers can do on their own (well, mumble can, I never used teamspeak or ventrilo).

But that's all just theory. Unless there will be some other servers available it's not gonna work. By the way, Ross, can you say what was the average number of listeners to your monthly chats? This should give a rough number of players to expect.

I realize twitch isn't ideal, but this is going to be a logistics nightmare with the communication, so maybe there can be intermediaries relaying what I say to the right people.

Or, if we find several voice-chat servers, we can chain-link them together to relay the messages from one-another. Did you know you can do this? :) We may not yet have flying cars, but at least the message relaying is something our computers can do on their own (well, mumble can, I never used teamspeak or ventrilo).

But that's all just theory. Unless there will be some other servers available it's not gonna work. By the way, Ross, can you say what was the average number of listeners to your monthly chats? This should give a rough number of players to expect.

I have been comm officer for the squad and platoons and that was not pleasurable experience at all.

Not if we will only relay one person's messages, and not a bunch of people. It will definitely beat the broken phone with some intermediates.

But as I said, it's all academical unless we find another ~5 servers.

I realize twitch isn't ideal, but this is going to be a logistics nightmare with the communication, so maybe there can be intermediaries relaying what I say to the right people. At least with twitch, EVERYONE can access it if they need to (or just want to watch). Plus some people could keep twitch off most of the time, then turn it on if they want to see my location.

I strongly recommend you practice just streaming the game before the big event. This can be a lot of work, and you don't want to be solving streaming issues while also solving player coordination issues as well. I think that streaming a game is more challenging than just a Q&A. Keep it on the down low so that people don't get confused about when the first monthly event is, and just practice that one part of it. If it turns out to be easy you will have only wasted time.

I've made a character on Emerald just for this. He is named 'BlueIsGoodNotBlueMeansShoot'. Just so people will have a little reminder when I revive them, as I often play medic. Otherwise I have a BR40'ish character on Cobalt.

Not if we will only relay one person's messages, and not a bunch of people. It will definitely beat the broken phone with some intermediates.

But as I said, it's all academical unless we find another ~5 servers.

Discord, by looks of it, should handle all of it in one place, which would help a lot + you can use it over browser.

I have actually built a clan for those who are advanced enough to know how those work... It is available to the NC on the Emerald (US East) and Connery (US West) servers. Should be able to find it by searching for Accursed Farms.

I am hoping to be there for this event, and will likely be running a small squad to do 'black ops' style missions. (running behind enemy lines to delay their vehicles from getting to the front lines, or do hit & run tactics on undefended territories) In game name is BTGbullseye or Bobthegreat.

I can't seem to find any outfit with "Accursed Farms" :(

Discord, by looks of it, should handle all of it in one place, which would help a lot + you can use it over browser.

Good if it does. And if it provides enough ACLs to manage all these people. But I actually doubt it. ~200 people talking together means tens of MB/s of bandwidth, which I doubt would be provided for free. Mumble sells servers for 200 people for $70/month, so I'm afraid there is a catch with this supposedly free discord.

What's the FoV minimum you can bear?

I can handle 65 as in Far Cry 2 but shorter than that may be painful. I wasn't aware this could impact performance, I always try to max it out.

I can handle 65 as in Far Cry 2 but shorter than that may be painful. I wasn't aware this could impact performance, I always try to max it out.

There's a reason more than one why consoles have lower FoV. And do note, that PS2 uses vertical FoV, let's say 70 FoV would be enough.

Correction!!!!

Do not let more experienced players take out light aircraft. If everyone who can joins in on lighting them up, the sooner they f*** off due to damage or the area being too hot.

If you got some bullets to spare or a rocket, always fling a few their way, lets them know we're watching.

Regarding skill level, everything Ross says in the video is true. With numbers and teamwork, you can squash most things. Morale is important too, if you are stubborn enough you can make the enemy just give up on a base even though they outnumber you. And if you are having fun, holy shit, unbreakable morale :D

Why are people still saying to make an Outfit? THERE IS ONE ON EACH OF THE US SERVERS ALREADY!!! Accursed Farms (US West server) and Accursed Farms East (US East server) are open for anyone to join!

Have those been made by Ross himself? I tried to look one up but I can't find it.

PLrjB3g.png

That's very odd... Try searching for Accursed Farms instead of Accursed Farms East, or even just Accursed. (I do have it listed, and it's set to allow anyone to instantly join)

If nothing else, just add BTGbullseye as a friend, and I'll invite you to the outfit when I can.

[EDIT] It seems it may require someone already in the Outfit to be online for it to be listed in the search... It would explain a LOT. I will however be online more often between now and the 15th. If nobody in the Outfit is online, just shoot me a friend request, and the next time we're on at the same time I'll invite you.

No, these were not created by Ross himself, though I definitely would make him General if he were to join.

Have those been made by Ross himself? I tried to look one up but I can't find it.

PLrjB3g.png

That's very odd... Try searching for Accursed Farms instead of Accursed Farms East, or even just Accursed. (I do have it listed, and it's set to allow anyone to instantly join)

If nothing else, just add BTGbullseye as a friend, and I'll invite you to the outfit when I can.

[EDIT] It seems it may require someone already in the Outfit to be online for it to be listed in the search... It would explain a LOT. I will however be online more often between now and the 15th. If nobody in the Outfit is online, just shoot me a friend request, and the next time we're on at the same time I'll invite you.

No, these were not created by Ross himself, though I definitely would make him General if he were to join.

I mainly asked if Ross made them seeing as other people might be reluctant to join the group. Also you'd need to make another one for the European server Ross is playing on, only if you want to though. I mean I could set one up but I would probably call it something silly like Duckstar or something.

http://i.imgur.com/6twjHHc.jpg

Reporting, could join today without anyone being online. So I have no idea what was going on yesterday with this.

Also, there is game updated today, possibly making this game even harder to understand, so brace yourselves.