PLANETSIDE 2 RECRUITMENT VIDEO

Discord, by looks of it, should handle all of it in one place, which would help a lot + you can use it over browser.

Good if it does. And if it provides enough ACLs to manage all these people. But I actually doubt it. ~200 people talking together means tens of MB/s of bandwidth, which I doubt would be provided for free. Mumble sells servers for 200 people for $70/month, so I'm afraid there is a catch with this supposedly free discord.

If Ross doesn't set up any official communications players could set up private voicechats using servers like ´s. That way probably a few people can try to take over bases in group and we can have better coordination. If there´s lots of fire going on at a point because of one of these units people watching the stream may feel inclined to go there or follow whatever Ross says if he feels like commanding these groups through the stream or something. I'll be trying to run the game with my E7500 and HD 6750, which can handle games like GTA V and Metro last light in 1280 x 720 minimum settings. I'll mod the config files if needed. lol.

What's the FoV minimum you can bear?

I can handle 65 as in Far Cry 2 but shorter than that may be painful. I wasn't aware this could impact performance, I always try to max it out.

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

I can handle 65 as in Far Cry 2 but shorter than that may be painful. I wasn't aware this could impact performance, I always try to max it out.

There's a reason more than one why consoles have lower FoV. And do note, that PS2 uses vertical FoV, let's say 70 FoV would be enough.

You who distill within you the whole world,

attend to this voice from the realm beyond:

You’re beast, and demon, angel, human being;

whatever you show forth, you are that thing.

Correction!!!!

Do not let more experienced players take out light aircraft. If everyone who can joins in on lighting them up, the sooner they f*** off due to damage or the area being too hot.

If you got some bullets to spare or a rocket, always fling a few their way, lets them know we're watching.

Regarding skill level, everything Ross says in the video is true. With numbers and teamwork, you can squash most things. Morale is important too, if you are stubborn enough you can make the enemy just give up on a base even though they outnumber you. And if you are having fun, holy shit, unbreakable morale :D

Why are people still saying to make an Outfit? THERE IS ONE ON EACH OF THE US SERVERS ALREADY!!! Accursed Farms (US West server) and Accursed Farms East (US East server) are open for anyone to join!

Have those been made by Ross himself? I tried to look one up but I can't find it.

PLrjB3g.png

That's very odd... Try searching for Accursed Farms instead of Accursed Farms East, or even just Accursed. (I do have it listed, and it's set to allow anyone to instantly join)

If nothing else, just add BTGbullseye as a friend, and I'll invite you to the outfit when I can.

[EDIT] It seems it may require someone already in the Outfit to be online for it to be listed in the search... It would explain a LOT. I will however be online more often between now and the 15th. If nobody in the Outfit is online, just shoot me a friend request, and the next time we're on at the same time I'll invite you.

No, these were not created by Ross himself, though I definitely would make him General if he were to join.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

That's very odd... Try searching for Accursed Farms instead of Accursed Farms East, or even just Accursed. (I do have it listed, and it's set to allow anyone to instantly join)

If nothing else, just add BTGbullseye as a friend, and I'll invite you to the outfit when I can.

[EDIT] It seems it may require someone already in the Outfit to be online for it to be listed in the search... It would explain a LOT. I will however be online more often between now and the 15th. If nobody in the Outfit is online, just shoot me a friend request, and the next time we're on at the same time I'll invite you.

Reporting, could join today without anyone being online. So I have no idea what was going on yesterday with this.

Also, there is game updated today, possibly making this game even harder to understand, so brace yourselves.

What is with people in tanks trying to run me over? That doesn't work. Tanks are so slow they make it easy for me to jump on top of and over them. I don't even have to be light assault in order to do that. I just did it twice as heavy assault.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

· Change wield knife hotkey to “-” from “8”

This is something so minor and so stupid to most people but finally jeez.

I don't care much about the construction stuff though, it sounds tedious so far, maybe it's actually fun but I'm not sure about it, my game is still updating anyway.

You can hold quick melee button to equip knife...

Reporting for duty! I have some vacation hours saved up, so work should be no problem.

Just gotta put in the practice. I launched the game once or twice like a year ago. The reason I put it down (above all other reasons) is the big dumb updates it has constantly. My internet isn't as slick as some people some times, but that's what heavy assault class was made for, right?

\|||/

(o o)

----ooO-(_)-Ooo--------

Kilroy was here

(source: http://www.ascii-art.de/ascii/jkl/kilroy.txt )

I didn't even know there was quick melee button. Why didn't they just add it here anyway?

wXMHIBk.png

Usually it's V and quick melee does 500 damage, which is hitscan but short range as hell. There are knives that when you equip and activate for 1k damage.

Guys, I may have some very bad news. I'm not sure, but looking at the latest update, what we want to do may no longer be possible. I'm looking at this part in particular:

"

Continent Faction Population Queue

Any player trying to zone into a continent where their faction has 10% more population than the lowest populated faction will be placed into a queue.

· At least one continent must have over 150 players on it for the queue to be active

· The target continent must have at least 50 players on for the queue to be active

· If the player’s faction is severely overpopulated on all unlocked continents, they will be able to play on the continent where their faction has the least population advantage

"

Now the way I read this, it means if we tip the population past 10% of the lowest faction at any point, people will get queued. So for sake of argument, let's say 1800 people are playing before we arrive, 600 per faction. If we bring in 3000 players, I THINK this means only 60 would get in (10% of 600), and 2,940 would get queued. If that's the case I'm not sure we can still hold the event. Am I reading this correctly or misunderstanding things?

Guys, I may have some very bad news. I'm not sure, but looking at the latest update, what we want to do may no longer be possible. I'm looking at this part in particular:

"

Any player trying to zone into a continent where their faction has 10% more population than the lowest populated faction will be placed into a queue.

· At least one continent must have over 150 players on it for the queue to be active

· The target continent must have at least 50 players on for the queue to be active

· If the player’s faction is severely overpopulated on all unlocked continents, they will be able to play on the continent where their faction has the least population advantage

"

Now the way I read this, it means if we tip the population past 10% of the lowest faction at any point, people will get queued. So for sake of argument, let's say 1800 people are playing before we arrive, 600 per faction. If we bring in 3000 players, I THINK this means only 60 would get in (10% of 600), and 2,940 would get queued. If that's the case I'm not sure we can still hold the event. Am I reading this correctly or misunderstanding things?

Other players could always just bite the bullet and join other factions, but we wouldn't really be togheter any longer and not everyone would be able to play. Also I have no idea how long the queue times actually are. Did you try contacting the developers themselves? Maybe they can assist you with this somehow but I doubt it'll really solve the main issue.

I guess you are essentially screwed, unless you can ask the developers for more help, or for a clearer explanation, I really have no idea if I understood what they said myself properly, I really wouldn't want to have a few thousand players trying to join up just to end up not being able to play. I think the developers are posting on Reddit, maybe you can send them a message there or something.

Maybe these two are devs, could be wrong.

https://www.reddit.com/user/a_sites

https://www.reddit.com/user/Radar_X

Well

1) max map population is ~600 per faction.

2) If you brought 3k players, you'd fill up over 2 maps at same time.

3) Server theoretically can hold 2400 players per faction and some in VR

4) I really believe Ross is optimistic with player turnout.

5) Yes those two are of Daybreak Games, also Wrel is. There's more actively participating in reddit community, but can't be sure, how many of them are still in the company.

Edit: furthermore, you're challenging a community that made organized 240 vs 240 their competitive format. Please be aware you're poking the bear.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

"

"

I'm reading this as, if for example the lowest faction has 30% of the population then the highest faction cant make up over 40% of the population... but now that I think about it that opens a bunch of problems, because what if the lowest faction is at 25%? then the highest a faction could host would be 35% and then it would leave 5% unaccounted for. This just sounds like it limits the game in the large scale battle opportunities.

Well

5) Yes those two are of Daybreak Games, also Wrel is. There's more actively participating in reddit community, but can't be sure, how many of them are still in the company.

Edit: furthermore, you're challenging a community that made organized 240 vs 240 their competitive format. Please be aware you're poking the bear.

I think you're right in that 3000 might be optimistic from my fans alone, however I was reaching out to other communities to join in. As for higher level players coming to get us, that's the whole reason we need more people. If the game is capping us off like this, not only would most of the fans not get in, but those that did would have no chance at all.

Hello there!

Is there any chance of a group of people who will join on PS2 before the (tried to think of clever name for the event) "Accursed Harvest"?

That way, more people could get practice playing with a group as well as learning how to coordinate between other players.

Perhaps this group could run exercises and drills on the VR map? Any ideas for something like this would be great, and certainly help give our side a benefit when we all finally hit the meat grinder. :)

Why are people still saying to make an Outfit? THERE IS ONE ON EACH OF THE US SERVERS ALREADY!!! Accursed Farms (US West server) and Accursed Farms East (US East server) are open for anyone to join!

Have those been made by Ross himself? I tried to look one up but I can't find it.

PLrjB3g.png

No, these were not created by Ross himself, though I definitely would make him General if he were to join.

Alright, what is the outfit called?

Well

I think you're right in that 3000 might be optimistic from my fans alone, however I was reaching out to other communities to join in. As for higher level players coming to get us, that's the whole reason we need more people. If the game is capping us off like this, not only would most of the fans not get in, but those that did would have no chance at all.

I have a solution.

Everyone just try to get in. Those who do, good!

Those who don't, won't.

Unless we message the devs or something.

What about the possibility of trying to join each faction equally? It's not ideal, but it's better than nothing. So long as we're on the same server, we should still be able to have a good time. And besides, if you can't play WITH Ross, Playing against him is the next best thing, right?