The Tunnel Discussion Thread [CAUTION: Spoilers!]

CivPro.jpg

Yeah this is the frame that first made me realize the face phenomenon, but I had it in HD and it was much more clear. If you look close, the top green part is a close up of eyes and nose region of someones face. There are several other faces there.

Wow I don't smoke weed or annything but I just read my previous posts and it sure as hell sounded like I do LOL. I was really tired and delirious. Oh, just in case people were wondering, "Interesting anecdote comrade" is an alternative way of saying "Cool Story Bro" (preferably in a Russian accent). I thought I would clear the air about that.

"2. Female With Eastern European Accent, age 20s to 30s – If you’re a woman and can talk in an Eastern European accent, you have a good chance of getting the part." - Shall I ask my wife if she wants to ?

""Also this may have been mentioned already, but at the end of the video, Craig isn’t actually talking in Bulgarian, but in some Hungarian phrases he knew"

-HUH ? I AM Hungarian, but even I did not understand that? Okay I have to go to work now, but when I am back I guess I etter listen to it again...

"

- hmmmm I listened to it twice still don't understand him. Maybe the sentence that starts like "a biro"?

""Also this may have been mentioned already, but at the end of the video, Craig isn’t actually talking in Bulgarian, but in some Hungarian phrases he knew"

-HUH ? I AM Hungarian, but even I did not understand that? Okay I have to go to work now, but when I am back I guess I etter listen to it again...

"

- hmmmm I listened to it twice still don't understand him. Maybe the sentence that starts like "a biro"?

Yeah I heard that too. Plus the last thing he says sounds like "Itt Vagy"

I'm pretty sure all the bing bong and Cthulu sentences didn't contain Hungarian. Or at least not any that I could make out. So I'm guessing it's just the last part, starting with, "A biro". Right after Ross says, "Get off!"

What I'm hearing after like 20+ attempts through that first sentence is,

"A Biro Tarbin Tadas Te Vak" Or "A Biro Taarbin Tadastevak" Problem of course is that those aren't Hungarian words except "A biro" And if my ears are hearing the end of that sentence right "Te vak"

Honestly I'm at a loss. I figured maybe he's talking without any of the diacritics that would normally be on the vowels. But nothing comes even close to what that sentence is sounding like.

I wouldn't mind if Craig clarified what sentence he was saying.

I'm giving up since my ears can't handle any more Ross yelling at really high volumes.

"

Yeah I heard that too. Plus the last thing he says sounds like "Itt Vagy"

I'm pretty sure all the bing bong and Cthulu sentences didn't contain Hungarian. Or at least not any that I could make out. So I'm guessing it's just the last part, starting with, "A biro". Right after Ross says, "Get off!"

What I'm hearing after like 20+ attempts through that first sentence is,

"A Biro Tarbin Tadas Te Vak" Or "A Biro Taarbin Tadastevak" Problem of course is that those aren't Hungarian words except "A biro" And if my ears are hearing the end of that sentence right "Te vak"

Honestly I'm at a loss. I figured maybe he's talking without any of the diacritics that would normally be on the vowels. But nothing comes even close to what that sentence is sounding like.

I wouldn't mind if Craig clarified what sentence he was saying.

I'm giving up since my ears can't handle any more Ross yelling at really high volumes.

Or maybe he meant István at the end...

Oh well City17 is a mixed Easter European city after all with Bulgarian signes / St.Petersburg(?)-like tunnals / Some place Finnish like architecture / Russian Missile base , etc. Hungarian fits in well

Episode was awsome.Will there be a continue or this was the actuall end?

Also wonder whats wrong with dave,and why mike is the one who is always in trouble(those things attacked only him,since you can hear how dave sings or whatever while they eat mike)

I just found the British guy ingame. First Chapter in the mainstation.

He`s rambling on about the trains. How they never leave, only arrive.

What is the song that plays at 11:00 in the video. I keep reading that it's from the game "Black Mirror", but what is the name of the track? I've looked through ALL of the tracks on youtube, but I can't find that particular one. Unless the Black Mirror track is the one that plays BEFORE the song at 11:00.

I ask because that particular track played on "IGN's 13 Scariest Games of All Time" video.

doomplayer: Ah I'll explain everything if I ever get to making a sequel.

icthulu: This is my first real attempt at trying to be scary, I think this would have been better if I were to make it all over now, but I just wanted it finished. I have a wide range of ideas. If you hate this one that's fine. I think in the future I'll eventually make one that you might like a lot.

shaken_bacon: That's great to hear man. I doubt I'll ever make an episode of CP that everyone will like, but I want to have enough variety that hopefully some people will have a favorite that stands out to them against others. I tend to get sick of lowest common denominator content, so by making something that appeals to a certain niche of people, then making something that appeals to a completely different niche, I think the results end up better.

If I'm being influenced by Resident Evil, it's probably on an unconscious level. I was definitely using music from RE1 and 2 for references for the composers, but I never thought that it was influencing my camerawork. That's pretty cool if it is.

If I had the resources you describe I would be esctatic and go crazy making videos.

Bravetriforcer: That is a problem! At some point I have to cut my losses and explain some things, even if it becomes less scary than what people were imagining.

crs: I consulted Craig, who's more up to date on HL lore than I am, and he said HL2 mostly takes place in Bulgaria, so I went with that.

Flasheneitor: You're half right. I take the attitude you describe towards episodes, but if I made a direct sequel to this, I would respect the continuity 100% for the previous episode. I don't know if there will be a sequel or not, it's PURELY based on technical issues and limitations. I could definitely write one, but it would much more demanding of the engine than this one was for what I have in mind.

Casual Fan: Oh man, I don't like revealing things early or spoiling things. The fact that I don't say what my best ideas are means I still have hopes of getting them made. The only thing I will say is that I want to have more genre-blending in CP. It will all be comedy, but I want more action or adventure for some episodes (don't worry, no drama). I feel like I've only scratched the surface for what I could do with CP.

Attilio: Actually the "anomaly" I designed so that it would be difficult to identify, even if people froze the frame.

Darthvoorhees: From the game files it's called "vesnice_vzpominka" for 11:00. Now I'll have to watch that video you discussed. At what time does the music appear in there? I'll be surprised if it actually is from The Black Mirror.

If any of you have played Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines then the creatures would remind you of of the vampire clan Tzimisce.

Quote from a random site:"They are noted for their bizarre ability to reform and shape flesh."

Well thats what those things reminded me of anyway.

Great episodes Mr. Scott! I hope you make an actual conclusion to this mystery.

Wow, that's a lot of episode information. Some guys sure like compiling.

Hey Ross, if you ever need any Half-Life lore in the future, you should most probably definitely consult me since I'm quite crazy about that stuff. Like, more than anyone. Seriously, anything official that's related to the saga is something I've kept a good memory for (and computer storage). Plus, even if I couldn't remember the exact 363rd word Kleiner uses in his Episode One speech (which I do), I could find out something like that in six seconds flat, since I'm unhealthily familiar with the sound, dialogue and text files.

Anyway, while Craig might be right about telling you that it's Bulgaria, the point is it has never actually been confirmed where in Eastern Europe the games take place, so maybe he got mislead himself.

is it just me or do the flashes of light look like some of the ghostly Half-Life 2 Beta textures?
Huh, funny you mention that. It's not what I thought, but I messaged Ross late in production about the flash-being and asked if it was influence by the 'Particle Storm' entity that was cut in the Half-Life 2 Beta. He replied with no, but their features are quite similar regardless, since both were very rarely reported in the world, and both seemingly accumulated and dissipated out of thin air in split seconds, and both resembling the appearance of a green, flickering, electrical disturbance, and both largely powerful enough to vanish a human, and both hinting of an "intelligence" behind them, and while also sharing similar sounds, which was actually by accident.

Sometimes the made up connection is even better, more creepy and more uncanny than the truth.

I was looking through the main site and noticed "The Tunnel" is missing from the "Movies" section, along with the two April's Fools day videos. I e-mailed Zachary on friday about it, but I haven't heard from him yet.

Do any of you guys (mods or admins from the forums) have access to edit the main site?

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

I do slightly agree with the others on the tunnel-- But one thing.

The workers who were there before the British man must have known about something in that Antechamber tunnel.. Because that Heavy door doesn't look like it can be made and installed in the heat of a pursuit from some creature.

They must have had a strange casualty back there, and kept working until more and more disappeared. They continued work on the tunnels, until something happened, and they had to evacuate quickly.

Seeing as the debris from the hole is scattered on the outside, The diggers probably did not have enough time to escape from a designated exit, or were not able to, and hastily made a hole to escape.

I don't know, just my guessing.

I do slightly agree with the others on the tunnel-- But one thing.

The workers who were there before the British man must have known about something in that Antechamber tunnel.. Because that Heavy door doesn't look like it can be made and installed in the heat of a pursuit from some creature.

They must have had a strange casualty back there, and kept working until more and more disappeared. They continued work on the tunnels, until something happened, and they had to evacuate quickly.

Seeing as the debris from the hole is scattered on the outside, The diggers probably did not have enough time to escape from a designated exit, or were not able to, and hastily made a hole to escape.

I don't know, just my guessing.

Still. The best feature of this video is the number of loose ends.