For "Artists" - The Wikipedia Album Game

Sign in to follow this  

In this game, you get to stretch your graphic design muscle but designing an album cover. There are some rules, though:

1. Go to Wikipedia and select "Random article". That article will be the band's name.

2. Go to Wikiquote and select "Random page". The last few words in the last quote is the album title.

3. Go to Flickr and view the images from the last 7 days. The third picture is the background for your album.

4. Design the album cover based on the above results and post it here (I suggest using imgur). (Use the spoiler tag so that this thread doesn't wig out.)

I'll begin:

ZFUopsl.png

I refuse to join Yahoo just to download the images the way the site wants you to... Have to go into the page source code, and look for the image URL in order to get it, and that's not at original resolution.

That said, here's one by the Infocommunications...

BazOoue.jpg

PS: I don't think we really need spoilers if the image has a maximum size of 800x800, and since we're making these custom, we should be able to resize to that quite easily before uploading. You also need to make sure you aren't covering any watermarks on the images, that way you aren't violating copyrights.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

ispbbtJ.png

Maryland Route 79 is in town! XP

I don't have anything fancy to make fancy text so I'm going to be the bland text person I guess. :P

Also BTG, I find your album cover ironic in a way. XD Bright lights, big city, showcasing a stone brick wall. :P I'd say keep the spoilers. Mainly for neatness. This whole flickr-not-letting-you-download-stuff-easily is annoying though. Just let me have it dammit!

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

This is an album by a Japanese football player, Kim Song-gi.

DIm9GXU.jpg

Have to say, the album title and background mesh quite well...

I don't have anything fancy to make fancy text so I'm going to be the bland text person I guess. :P

Go get GIMP... https://www.gimp.org/ (it's a free open source version of Photoshop)

I do mine in Photoshop CS6, (no longer available, used to cost $1200 USD [not a typo]) but not everyone is willing to download a 20GB torrent, or pay $10/mo for a legit version. (you can't outright purchase any Adobe products anymore, they all require a subscription and internet connection to use)

I am not going to be able to contend with your fonts. XD Why isn't there an outline function on this program??

UnAEoKp.png

"In my loneliness" - one of the more depressing album titles. :P

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

I refuse to join Yahoo just to download the images the way the site wants you to... Have to go into the page source code, and look for the image URL in order to get it, and that's not at original resolution.

Here's my entry:

BuPGVGjl.jpg

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

What I do is just screenshot my screen, then crop to the image.

On-topic:

6q7igAI.png

As an aside, I'm trying to figure out what genre of music these albums are... Hm...

I have the unique ability to quickly extract images from page source code... I can do the same for videos, and hidden code. (and yet, I have absolutely no idea what any of the code means, despite recognizing it after a cursory glance) Screenshots can produce artifacts. (I loathe visual or audio artifacts)

FkR5vnv.jpg

I like this kind of game... I know what content it needs, and all I need to do is make it look good.

Also, if anyone needs fonts to expand their text designs, here's a link to what I have in my system. (I honestly have no idea where I got half of them, but I know some are from when I was making custom MtG cards, and some were from when I was looking for fonts that matched various Sci-Fi fonts, and some just aren't even fonts according to my system)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2fgPSGiOHEsRUZvSGNzQ1AyS3c/view?usp=sharing (bear in mind, this is a 251MB download, and it decompresses to 604MB; almost 600 total fonts to choose from)

Are we allowed to edit the images (beyond adding text)?

AiKxnl6.jpg

Why is it so big ;_;

Polish Hard Rock band Threeding's second album "Help the world become whole" is usually considered the best by critics and fans.

9em40wp.jpg

The famous South Korean president sings about the direction culture has gone. Classical style with modern influences. (drums & electric guitar)

iXiSMF.png

This is obviously an indie album, because who releases records in 2016?

I always liked this type of thread game, whenever it appears on forums. There's nothing quite like an excuse for some half-arsed creativity :3

port%20vila_zpsvwpjbyun.png

I really liked the picture, luckily. It was rife with shoegazer miserabilist potential.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

"Powerful for being denied" by all-girl punk band Carols By Candlelight:

63PoL9A.jpg

Some motivational songs by retired long distance runner Øyvind Dahl:

Vn6kEcJ.jpg

And some underground 90's techno by a Bulgarian band:

CajWM4O.jpg

Lr3Wdxx.jpg

Technometal, with heavy emphasis on the sawtooth distortions.

^ I just like the idea of a cyber metal band being named after a village in Yorkshire... icon_lol.gif

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

^ I just like the idea of a cyber metal band being named after a village in Yorkshire... icon_lol.gif

Actually, it's named after their football club, hence the "F.C.".

9GsXQTk.jpg

A subgenre of metal makes a metal album entitled Eliminate Your Enemies... This is metal. I want this album!

9GsXQTk.jpg

A subgenre of metal makes a metal album entitled Eliminate Your Enemies... This is metal. I want this album!

That's awesome.

This random YouTuber is getting laid with random hot dudes, and is basically the worst person in existence. Why? Just watch the free video.

Red and yellow do go together.