Dream Sharing

You deserved it walking on your head for not believing in god.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I have lots of dreams involving water and family. Probably because I like nature, and family...

yo-cobb.png

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

You deserved it walking on your head for not believing in god.

Just cause he dose not believe in god dose not mean he deserves that.

I have lots of dreams involving water and family. Probably because I like nature, and family...

http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/yo-cobb.png

OMG LIMBO!!!!!! FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

loved that movie lol

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

Yes it does.

Yes it does.

Not believing in god doesn't deserve any kind of punishment, it's another way of thinking and living, please stop acting like a 16th century nun. We're in the 21st century, if something deserves punishment here is not respecting another person's beliefs.

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

Not believing in god doesn't deserve any kind of punishment, it's another way of thinking and living, please stop acting like a 16th century nun. We're in the 21st century, if something deserves punishment here is not respecting another person's beliefs.

So you're not respecting my belief that he deserved it while complaining that people don't respect other's beliefs?

So you're not respecting my belief that he deserved it while complaining that people don't respect other's beliefs?

Stay on topic. This thread is about dreams.

Trolling again BTG?

Wow, if I didn't come to this topic I would have never remembered today's dream. It was about Half-Life. Me and two friends of mine (actually, a friend and my cousin) were sort of playing Half Life 2, except it was reality. But at the same time it wasn't, because we had installed a mod that made everything incredibly difficult, and we were supposed to attack the combine, who had much better technology in this mod. Almost all of them had some incredibly fast rocket launchers, and some had weird white mini-guns. I tried to go to the menu (even though I wasn't sitting in front of a computer) and lower the difficulty, but it didn't because of the mod. So we didn't fight them at all, we just ran like fuck. After runing for a while, and passing through some real life landmarks near my house, we end up in what looked like the desert levels in Half-Life 1, and the game says that we lost for leaving the area. We look back and see the combine retreating. It was a pretty good dream.

Weird that I dreamed about Half Life, as I haven't played it in a relatively long time, and nowadays I only dream about something that I do a lot in that day. For instance, I dreamed about Chrono Trigger yesterday, after playing it for about 10 hours.

I also had some wild dreams when I was younger. I remember one where I was being chased by bad guys, and then I didn't notice that they had planted a bomb on the floor, I stepped in it and it exploded and I turned in to some kind of transparent blue sticky substance and was blasted on the wall. Not a cool dream.

I've been trying to teach myself lucid dreaming, it's not going well.

Keep trying, may the Force be with you!

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

I've been trying to teach myself lucid dreaming, it's not going well.

I too would like to do this, I believe the best way to encourage lucid dreaming is by first increasing dream recall. I did this a bit but then stopped, but basically I kept a pad of lined paper by my bed, and when I woke up I'd write down everything I remembered dreaming about in as much detail as I could.

Not entirely sure how to go on from there to lucid dreaming though.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Oh yeah, writing about your last dream and trying to remember it is a good way to start

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

The best way to star having lucid dreams is by checking if you're dreaming all the time while you're awake. I just hurt myself or pinch myself and if it doesn't hurt it's because I'm dreaming. There are other methods like biting youre tounge or something but I don't know how those work for sure.

Basically, after you start regularly checking if youre dreaming, even if you're sure you're awake, you'll start doing it in your dreams too, and that's what triggers the lucid dream.

For the lucid dreamers here, do you guys have like super powers or ability to create / destroy / change stuff? I can only recall being able to do this once in my entire life, and it was to make some girl's boobs bigger. Best. Wet dream. Ever. But usually I try to close my eyes and make stuff appear or disapear in lucid dreams, and it never works...

I can sometimes lucid dream, but not always.

It started when I was in third grade, and had a series of dreams where people I knew (teachers, family members) were turning into vampires and killing me. The last dream I had, my little brother was the vampire, but in the middle of the dream I just suddenly realized "this is one of those damn vampire dreams" and instead of dying I punched him out.

I "refined" this ability by doing something like what Raicuparta suggested - I would test to see if I was dreaming or not. Biting my thumb proved most effective, in dreams. At first I used it to wake up from nightmares, but later I could realize I was dreaming and change my goals. I could imagine I had weapons, or Wolverine claws, and fight off enemies in dreams.

Of course, being a guy, I mostly used it to try making out with dream-girls (though mine have an annoying tendency to evaporate just as things are getting interesting.)

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

I had a dream recently where I was a black woman who was trying to start a family. Me and my husband and our children built a house together. Then my husband did something bad. It's very blurry. Then me and my children were somehow all powerful. I went back somehow to the time before my husband and I had had kids, and we were building an enormous tower together, but somehow he fell from the tower.

I had a dream recently where I was a black woman who was trying to start a family. Me and my husband and our children built a house together. Then my husband did something bad. It's very blurry. Then me and my children were somehow all powerful. I went back somehow to the time before my husband and I had had kids, and we were building an enormous tower together, but somehow he fell from the tower.

Symbolic. Were your family black as well?

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

For the lucid dreamers here, do you guys have like super powers or ability to create / destroy / change stuff? I can only recall being able to do this once in my entire life, and it was to make some girl's boobs bigger. Best. Wet dream. Ever. But usually I try to close my eyes and make stuff appear or disapear in lucid dreams, and it never works...

I think I've mentioned this before, but it's kinda like having the console in most FPS games, and having a mental link to it... Doesn't entirely change the game, but makes it very easy to beat or enhance.

Sometimes when I'm about to wake up I start dreaming that I do wake up, get outta bed and take a shower, have breakast and get in the bus.... Then something or someone wakes me up and I'm late for school.... Ot happens pretty often... Because it is so real...

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs