The EU Referendum

Sign in to follow this  

I voted to remain, for all the good it did. I checked out the ratio of in/out votes for Tamworth and it was kind of embarrassing, I think it was something along the lines 68% leave versus 33% remain. Truth be told I wasn't overwhelmingly surprised by my town's response, Tamworth is a moderate though very white part of a rather more diverse and metropolitan region. What did surprise me was the leave bias for the Midlands in general though, resulting in a substantial backing for Brexit - and that includes Birmingham no less! Birmingham has a hugely multicultural demographic and has one of the youngest populations of any city in Europe, I honestly didn't see that result coming. I can only assume that young midlanders either felt too estranged from the tedious "party politics" that have characterised this whole campaign (were we having an election, Britain?) or else a lot of anti-authoritarian sentiment resulted in "protest votes" aiming at upsetting Cameron's agenda. Truth be told I'm feeling mildly anxious but largely ambivalent about the referendums results. I worry about the ugly and increasingly mainstream politics that have emerged from under the troll bridge during all of this, and I feel a great deal of empathy for EU migrants who are here for the time being.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Is it just me or does Boris Johnson looks like he could be Donald Trump's cousin? The resemblance is uncanny.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

Is it just me or does Boris Johnson looks like he could be Donald Trump's cousin? The resemblance is uncanny.

It's a conspiracy!

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Apparently Boris Johnson won't be running for prime minister, fun bit? It only took a few hours for him to step down after he announced he would run.

Well, both Boris and Gove have sold their souls to the devil to win this one and... obviously, Boris got a raw deal...

Or maybe he didn't offer enough of his soul and Gove did... By stabbing Boris in the back.

But, something tells me - it is not over yet. And Gove will soon see well enough what is the price of doing deals with the Devil. Mwahahaha :D

Regards

Ha, Nigel Farage is steeping down as UKIP leader. The assholes responsible for this trainwreck are now just jumping out of the car as it goes off the cliff. Should be named enemies of the state for the disaster they caused.

They all thought it would be a lot stronger opposition to leaving...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Sign in to follow this  

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.