The Obituaries Thread

Sign in to follow this  

Oh :( RIP, Greg...

Geez, they are all going now, mm? Maybe they know something we don't...

Carl must be feeling really weird though... He is the only one from ELP left and one can't stop thinking that it might be only because his stand in for the letter P has already took the hit for him... Oh, well... He is a tough cookie, he will just shrug it off...

Regards

Yeah, Cozy really did take quiet a hit all those years ago...

Damn though, to think Carl lost two of his bandmates within a year. It's gonna be hard for him to cope with that. If there's an afterlife, guess Emerson, Lake and Powell are gigging once again. for The Show That Never Ends.

Welp, now what?

The Celebrity Grim Reaper has certainly been a busy boy this year.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Richard Adams, creator of Watership Down, also died today.

George Michael a couple of days ago too.

It's been quite a year.

I USED TO DREAM ABOUT NUCLEAR WAR

At least from my corner of the globe, RIP to a rather unbelievable year! If I could sum up 2016 in one word, it would be "Loss", 'cos my god did we have quiet a lot of losses this year, and I mean that in several context.

I like to end that post on a happier note: Happy New Year everyone!!!

Welp, now what?

Saw on the news this afternoon that Jill Saward died today. She was an English activist for victims of rape and sexual violence, after she herself was a victim of rape by three burglars in 1986, the later trial of which caused a national scandal about the fitness of the judicial system. I know we sometimes have a bit of an irreverent laugh regarding the 2016's death toll on this thread, so I apologize for the sudden nosedive into sobriety, but I felt genuinely sad about this news. Given how much of a terrifying rise in sexism and unkindness plagues the current cultural climate I do certainly hope her passing away doesn't prove to be portentous.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Man, I really can't believe he's gone. I just found out today, and I feel just like I did when Leonard Nimoy died. I loved him in TDOTD and I have a feeling I'm going to love him in Alien.

This random YouTuber is getting laid with random hot dudes, and is basically the worst person in existence. Why? Just watch the free video.

Red and yellow do go together.

^Oh god, it's like Greg Lake all over again. I'll have Steve Hackett (and Howe) to thank for introducing me to him.

Welp, now what?

Damn! 67! That's not even that old!

This random YouTuber is getting laid with random hot dudes, and is basically the worst person in existence. Why? Just watch the free video.

Red and yellow do go together.

Hes Chasing Storms with Phillip Seymour Hoffman in Heaven

“Error 482: Somebody shot the server with a 12-gauge. Please contact your administrator”

“Caution Laser Caution Laser Caution Laser”

“I can now solve up to 800 problems a minute”

"I got my degree under the tutelage of Dr. Pepper."