The Duke Nukem Forever thread

I thought the game was damn hard when I played it the first time. I died a LOT and had to take a lot of pauses. Especially the boss battles I thought were challenging and it actually felt rewarding and good to beat them, I got a lot of great adrenaline kicks from it.

I don't agree at all that this game is not fast paced or boring in any way.

When this game came out I played it almost ritualistically for several months. It was really hard to put down and I dare to say it's one of the games where I've actually gone hunting for achievements, something I've NEVER done with ANY other game, not even Half-Life 2.

Maybe it's because I'm a really die-hard Duke fan, or just because I have bad taste, but DNF is one of my favourite games ever.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Bad taste doesn't exist, neither does good taste.

I am just not a big fan of the health generation, cover based, 2 weapon style of shooters. I prefer the "old school" shooters in the style of something like Half Life where you focus more keeping track of, managing your health and using movement rather than using cover to magically regain all health.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah I thought DNF was challenging, too. Anybody who says it's easy is either lying, or has a very strange way of judging difficulty.

Xbox controller.

DNF was damn easy... Just running & gunning was all it took...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Yeah I thought DNF was challenging, too. Anybody who says it's easy is either lying, or has a very strange way of judging difficulty.

You can give all the NPC's aimbots and increase the health to the ridiculous, it will make it harder but that doesn't mean it's the good kind of harder. Difficulty is not some general thing that can be judged the same across all kinds of games.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah the game is fun, but I'm not sure how people could consider it hard. With the regen hp system it's basically just shoot, take cover, rinse and repeat

Yeah, when you play it run and gun with occasional wall huggery, especially early on with less ego, it makes it a bit harder.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."