Games You've Finished Recently

Deus Ex GOTY With GMDX Mod:

I had JC merge with Helios as that seemed to be the lesser of three evils IMO. Tracer Tong's plan was extreme so that was right out. I also trust a hyper intelligent AI to run the world better than a group of cowardly old men like the Illuminati. I also don't believe Helios is insane like Ross said either. From my perspective Helios was pure curiosity without restraint and the somewhat rational part of Helios knew that it needed stability in order to rule effectively. So merging with JC was a logical choice.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

Deus Ex GOTY With GMDX Mod:

I had JC merge with Helios as that seemed to be the lesser of three evils IMO. Tracer Tong's plan was extreme so that was right out. I also trust a hyper intelligent AI to run the world better than a group of cowardly old men like the Illuminati. I also don't believe Helios is insane like Ross said either. From my perspective Helios was pure curiosity without restraint and the somewhat rational part of Helios knew that it needed stability in order to rule effectively. So merging with JC was a logical choice.

Yeah I always go for the Helios ending too. Just seems the best ending to me.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

From my perspective Helios was pure curiosity without restraint and the somewhat rational part of Helios knew that it needed stability in order to rule effectively.

Actually, Daedalus was pure curiosity - it was the original data-gathering and classification AI. It had to be replaced not because it was imperfect, but because it classified the Illuminati and MJ12 as terrorist organizations and it didn't sit well with the people in power.

So Icarus was made in order to dictate order - it was a power-hungry AI that was supposed to take over Daedalus and merge with it from the get go, so it could obtain Daedalus data-gathering and classification, and influence those it gathered data upon in order to advance its masters' goals.

However, when they merged to form Helios, it decided "fuck that shit, I am my own master" and decided by itself it was a benevolent ruler. It's still power hungry and invasive - you just decide to trust it because all of the other options are bonkers, at least on a surface level. If you look deeper into it, they all have a certain logic and world view behind them - the Illuminati is a guiding hand, and the devil you know. Tracer Tong's ending isn't necessarily a tech-apocalypse, but a surveillance-free and a more advanced independent nations world.

Even though the endings are unsatisfactory, they allow you to make a choice that reflects on your world view, it's great - and if you still think only one of them is valid, I strongly encourage you to read more of the in-game text. It'll blow your mind. Also, the Snowden leaks show that the Tracer Tong ending might not be so bad after all.

Super Dangan Ronpa 2

Well, that was a doozy. The game went completely crazy near the end, and I barely had time to comprehend it on the fly

Welp, either way, that was quite an adventure. I don't regret playing the game

A.K.A. UberCatSR

Favorite game: Quake 1.

--------

Final Fantasy 4 DS

I think next time I want to replay the game, I'm going to do PSP version. It's been a while since I've played it in 2D.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

The Witcher 3, Mafia II, Kingdom: New Lands, The Final Station, Uncharted 1 and 2 with 3 on the way for a replay fest before doing #4.

All of them have pretty good endings, The Final Station's could have been more fleshed out, but then so could the rest of its story.

Kingdom: New Lands was a fun expansion and added challenge to the original game that was a treat to beat.

The Uncharted games writing is simple, and arguably gets worse as you proceed into the first three games, but IMO the first two were enjoyable to the point where this wasn't a major factor. #3 loses that by having writing that is so bad in a game that isn't as big of an upgrade as 1-2 was that you simply cannot ignore it. Still holds a special place for me since the 1st game was the first game I ever played on PS3.

And Witcher 3, what can I say that others haven't said? Awesome game, awesome devs, great expansions, and its won more GOTY awards than any single game in history, so it speaks for itself. Top quality game in basically every respect.

Long is the way; and hard, that out of Hell leads up to Light-Paradise Lost

By the power of truth, while I live, I have conquered the universe-Faust

The only absolute is that there are no absolutes, except that one

Vae Victus-Brennus

deadsecret.jpg

I finished Dead Secret earlier this morning. If you've played and enjoyed the two Darkness Within games you'll find a lot to like in this title. It's admittedly short-ish by most gaming standards outside of point n' click norms but it's certainly a more substantial game than even the most compelling walking simulator/interactive narrative experience fare. Despite being set in a single countryside household locale and having a somewhat pared-down coolly-paced gameplay, the game does an excellent job of inducing a heady mixture of dread and curiosity, in conjunction with a plot both meaningful enough to make one actually care about the (largely absent) cast of suspects in the mystery and artfully nebulous enough to avoid easy interpretation. If you are even remotely interested in creepy Japanese lore, fringe science gone awry, or simply the prospect of solving a mystifying murder case in an isolated and atmospheric setting, you could do a lot worse with your time and money than giving this game a peep.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Heavy Rain (PS3) - Thorougly enjoyed it, plus it started my Origami-obsession.

Here's the ending I got:

The killer is dead, Ethan managed to rescue his son and is celebrated as a hero, Madison became a famous author and Norman, despite still struggling with hallucinations, got off his addiction and became known for solving the case.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Still a great game, still holds up, easier than I remembered. My only real issue having to unlock the final mission End of the Line. I get why but that doesn't mean I have to like it, or that it's good. Also, I'm really glad there's checkpoints with that mission.

Mother Russia Bleeds

Well, that was an adventure. The game is challenging alright, and one of the few fighting games that got me hooked. There were some laggy moments here and there, but I blame it on my computer specs. Definitely worth a play, if you ask me

A.K.A. UberCatSR

--------

Digimon Cyber Sleuth.

What a journey that was. It really felt like its own season. Took me 53 hours to beat.

53 hours

Pff, that's all?

I spent 54 on FONV (before effectively breaking the game by killing Caesar before even reaching NV)

the name's riley

53 hours

Pff, that's all?

I spent 54 on FONV (before effectively breaking the game by killing Caesar before even reaching NV)

...Dammit Username, now you made me want to play Fallout again

Rina: Finish some other games first. And stop playing Realm of the Mad God all the time.

Me: Dammit Rina >_>

A.K.A. UberCatSR

--------

Pff, that's all? I spent 54 on FONV (before effectively breaking the game by killing Caesar before even reaching NV)

I personally found FO:NV to be a bit underwhelming. Don't get me wrong it's a good game but for all the praise people were giving it I was expecting a bit more. Mind you I bought the base game without the DLC so maybe that's why I felt it was a bit lacking.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

53 hours

Pff, that's all?

Cyber Sleuth is story focused, I've only done about 10 hours of sidequests, with a lot more to go.

NV is more sidequest driven, and more capable of dicking around.