Games You've Finished Recently

Need For Speed Most Wanted.... Again.

Such an amazing game, and the ending is great. Back when Need For Speed knew what the hell it was doing.

Non Nobis Domine, Non Nobis, Sed Nomine, tuo da Glorium

Call of Duty 3

While many consider this to be one of the weaker entries in the series, I found it to be pretty good. Its definitely one of the more unique cod games.

Need For Speed: Payback

Was a hell of a lot of fun. Beat Nevaro with a BMW M3 E46 GTR from Most Wanted. Was one of the better Need For Speed games out there. I hope that there will be more adventures of Tyler Morgan and his crew!

Thief The Dark Project

Was a badass ending to an amazing game, and proof that Looking Glass's games still hold up 12-16 years after release. The Trickster is no match for the sly cunning of the amazing Garrett. And he did it half-blind. Badass.

Gonna hop straight into Thief II The Metal Age.

Jak and Daxter: the Precursor Legacy

This game was pretty damn good, I look forward to playing the sequels!

Rock N' Roll Racing for SNES

I have played this game since as far back as I can remember, but never actually finished it until now.

Thief II: Deadly Shadows

There be no greater stealth game in existence, I stand by that statement.

I can see why some consider it to be the best game ever made, but I dunno if I could go that far.

An amazing game, and I'm saddened there are less games like Thief 2 made.

The Red Strings Club

Pretty good, but ending was kinda lackluster. I didn't appreciate the contemporary political condescension of one specific bit, but I enjoyed the game nonetheless for the 4 hours you're likely to get on a first play though. Would recommend on sale.

Long is the way; and hard, that out of Hell leads up to Light-Paradise Lost

By the power of truth, while I live, I have conquered the universe-Faust

The only absolute is that there are no absolutes, except that one

Vae Victus-Brennus

LEGO Battles

Probably the second LEGO RTS I've ever played, the first being the Flash game associated with the LEGO Mars Mission toyline, CrystAlien Conflict. CrystAlien Conflict is a Command & Conquer clone, and LEGO Battles... I want to say it has elements of StarCraft and Age of Empires, although that's probably not entirely accurate.

The unit pathing in that game is honestly the worst I've ever seen. It makes the original StarCraft's pathing look practically flawless. Keep in mind, StarCraft came out in the late 90's, and LEGO Battles came out in 2009. I don't think the fact that the latter was made for the Nintendo DS is an excuse for such crappy pathing; while that does justify the tight unit selection limit of 9 (compared to, say, StarCraft's limit of 12) and even tighter unit cap of 20 infantry and 4 vehicles, I'm pretty sure the Nintendo DS could have handled marginally better pathing algorithms than what LEGO Battles had. Also, unit balance is almost non-existent, at least in the single player; you can get away with massing the statistically strongest units in your arsenal (even vehicles, for a loose definition of "massing") and just steamrolling the enemy AI, crushing all opposition. Unless they have lots of high level static defenses constructed; you might need your dedicated siege vehicles for that, or if your arsenal doesn't include any, bring some cannon fodder to draw their fire as your heavy hitters lay into them from a short distance behind said cannon fodder.

That said, I do greatly enjoy the game. I just wish I had more people to play it with, because the AI sucks really badly at the game. The only other person I know who has a copy is my brother, and since the game has no online mode, it's not like I can just connect to the internet and play the game against people online like I do with StarCraft II.

Oh, I also recently completed a buster-only run of Mega Man 4. Easily my favorite Mega Man Classic game of all time, although some of the boss patterns were really frustrating.

"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero... I have always only fought for the people I believe in. I won't hesitate... If an enemy appears in front of me, I will destroy it!"

– Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Mega Pony

My other favorite Mega Man Classic game of all time that I technically can't count because it's a fan game. Apparently the developer is creating a new game mode for it, too, and tweaking the playable characters (there are 7 counting Mega Pony himself; the other six are unlocked after beating the game once) a bit along the way. Honestly looking forward to the new content!

"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero... I have always only fought for the people I believe in. I won't hesitate... If an enemy appears in front of me, I will destroy it!"

– Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix on Critical Mode (hardest difficulty)

42k5tmbz53z01.jpg

Apparently not using Summons on CM, is an amazing feat all on its own.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Finished Sonic Mania on an "& Knuckles" no-save with my brother this morning. He was Sonic, and I was his Knuckles player 2.

We didn't bother with the Chaos Emeralds. It's hard enough for me to keep up with his shenanigans as he plays as regular Sonic, so why would I want to deal with him playing Super Sonic? :lol: I'd be completely useless at that point, because unlike P2 Tails, P2 Knuckles can't airlift Sonic anywhere. Or do anything with Sonic except follow him around and maybe fight bosses while Sonic stays out of the way.

I like playing Classic Sonic games with my brother, especially when I'm player 2. He always seems to take paths that I can't be bothered to, usually by accident. :lol: The only problem is that he dies a lot, but to his credit, we never got a game over in that run.

He never used the Drop Dash during our playthrough... I wonder if he forgot it existed, or if he decided it wasn't worth using. To be fair, though, I'm glad he didn't, because then I would never have been able to keep up with him, assuming he didn't manage to kill himself while using it.

– Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Platinum'd Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix yesterday. The biggest obstacle was either Lingering Will, Data Xemnas, or Data Luxord.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA