CS:GO Gambling scandal

Sign in to follow this  

Full story here

tl;dr version:

TmarTn and ProSyndicate grouped together and discovered a gambling site for CSGO skins. Prosyndicate (and I think TmarTn) gambled a lot, and win the skins. Some of them worth thousands of dollars. The kicker? TmarTn actually owned the gambling site, and had it rigged so he and Prosyndicate would win.

Talk about the house always wins.

It was never proven that they did rig it, but for the publicity and crazy winning videos, they probably did fake those lotteries. You could only prove that with an indepth investigation by the authorities with access to logs and inside information.

Otherwise its shady as fuck, hope they actually get jail time since there are some big gambling violations. i'm 99% sure they will lose the business and will have to pay significant fines and maybe even settlements to users.

Wait... Are you saying that a set of DIGITAL TEXTURES for a specific game are worth thousands of dollars of REAL LIFE MONEY?!? Shouldn't this be in the 'how fucked is the human race' thread?

TmarTn actually owned the gambling site, and had it rigged so he and Prosyndicate would win.

Correction: Tmartn and prosyndicate co-owned the site and didn't disclose the information

Them rigging the odds was purely speculation with no real evidence

it's old news, at least get your facts right when reporting it

Wait... Are you saying that a set of DIGITAL TEXTURES for a specific game are worth thousands of dollars of REAL LIFE MONEY?!? Shouldn't this be in the 'how fucked is the human race' thread?

Oh yeah, it's really disturbing.

I tried to explain it to one of my EE professor's once, and he looked at me like I had lobsters crawling out of my ears.