Religious Discussions Thread!

I'm an atheist. I don't believe there's absolutely no god, it's just that I don't believe we have any real reason to believe in one. I've heard theories that the singularity was/is God, and they seem plausible but there's really no way of proving that it is/was a god. Maybe in the future, we can finally figure it out. We've come this far! Anyways, I used to be an angry atheist, the kind that debates any time religion was brought up even remotely, but now I'm way more laid back. I'm pretty happy with life and I think my atheism led me to happiness, but it could also be entirely coincidental.

On 8/10/2019 at 6:55 AM, Spideymon77 said:

I'm an atheist. I don't believe there's absolutely no god, it's just that I don't believe we have any real reason to believe in one. 

So, you're agnostic then? It's more or less same for me. No way to know what's true. No good reason to believe in any particular religion or theory.

19 hours ago, Prinny said:

So, you're agnostic then? It's more or less same for me. No way to know what's true. No good reason to believe in any particular religion or theory.

Agnostic Atheist, yes.

Christian born, then agnostic, now ortho theolog.

I think a very big reason why the younger generations (or a lot born after the mid 20th century) aren't religious at all has to do with the church in the west being very detached from the general culture and average person. You have a lot of kids that come from hardcore christian homes that resent their old beliefs out of spite for an outdated and sometimes hostile environment, and then you have a detached, very dogmatic priesthood that can't solve any of the problems of the modern man. This isn't really related, but I felt like venting a (personal) frustration I have with the modern clergical administration.

On a light note: Some of the best people I've known have been monks. Thinking of becoming one.

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.