The Tunnel appendum + other stuff

Sign in to follow this  

Well my move was successful and I think my internet is stable again. I have several things to discuss, so I'll list them haphazardly:

THE TUNNEL:

The downloadable copy is now up, though the Youtube copy one came out pretty well this time. At least with this version you won't have to watch it split up. Here are some links:

STREAMING:

DOWNLOAD:

1280x720 WMV (344MB)

Also this may have been mentioned already, but at the end of the video, Craig isn't actually talking in Bulgarian, but in some Hungarian phrases he knew.

THE FORUMS:

While it does seem stable, I've been told by the host for the site and the people who developed the forums that there are some problems still occurring where it will really spike in terms of CPU usage for the server. I'm honestly clueless when it comes to this. If you're familiar with PHP and might be able to lend some assistance looking over the code or have ideas as to what's happening, please email me and I'll try and direct you to the right people working on it.

I was originally planning to launch the subtitles section by now, but that may not be a good idea until the current problems with it get resolved.

MORE VOICE ACTOR POSITIONS:

I've had a lot of roles filled, but I have two left. One person had to bail, the other I never got enough applications for:

1. American Black Male, age from mid 20s to early 40s - Same role mentioned on the site earlier, just looking for some with a general African-American accent.

2. Female With Eastern European Accent, age 20s to 30s - If you're a woman and can talk in an Eastern European accent, you have a good chance of getting the part.

Both roles will require some shouting. If you think you can do either of these roles convincingly, email me at [email protected].

Finally, I haven't had a chance to read all the comments yet, but I plan to reply to them, get more involved in the forum, and *slowly* start responding more to my enormous backlog of emails.

Nice to hear from you Ross. I'm glad everything worked out well.

I just have one complaint: you don't mention the Donation System

C'mon. Work with us. Picture the money pouring from the net. Go with it. Feel the flow. Nice and warm. It's all good. Yeah.

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

Finally a high quality non watermarked copy of The Tunnel.

Not sure if everyone want's a 720p copy so I downsized it to 848x480.

Download: The Tunnel (XviD 480p)

Ugh. This is not fair. I've lost connection twice while trying to download the original file and you've already downloaded it and re-encoded it

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

idk why Ross doesn't just get anyone interested in doing voice acting send in demos.

It is really nice to hear that you moved without any problems.

Thank you very much for the downloadable video.

Unfortunately, there is nothing I can help with when it concerns PHP, coding in general, at this point.

As for the positions for voice acting... I wish you good luck.

I am female, and European (I am pretty sure that I live and was born in Europe...), but there are numerous issues which prevent me from helping out here:

1. I am too young. This is the most obvious and coincidentally the main reason I presume that I am not able to help.

2. My microphone is seriously bad. Works if you need an actor to voice someone who speaks through radio set, but does not work so well in other cases.

3. I am sure there are a lot of volunteers who would handle it better than I would.

All in all, I have no idea why I wrote this.

In any case, good luck with all of your future projects.

He needs an eastern European accent to be precise, that is the region of the fallen Soviet union; Russia, Ukraine, etc.

In Soviet Яussia voice actor picks you!

Glad to hear from you.I hope you rest well now and go on with FM whey you're ready.

P.S. : This is rather small but the site doesn't redirect correctly to the mentioned treads via 'Go to Forums'.

Hungarian? well i'm hungarian but it didn't make any sense to me

gonna check on it once again

Edit:

Ross! could you please describe what was that hungarian part suppoed to be? coz i checked that part out like a hundred times and still can't hear out any hungarian thing even any not hungarian sound of the words or the language i'm curious

maybe i heard some "Bimm Bamm!" but i'm not sure

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

here are the h.264 versions of the tunnel, encoded in both hd formats and ipod-friendly formats.

hd, server 1 http://s3.rdll.net/files/the_tunnel_hd.m4v

hd, server 2 http://s1.rdll.net/stuff/the_tunnel_hd.m4v

hd, server 3 http://static.zreidell.com/the_tunnel_hd.m4v

ipod, server 1 http://s3.rdll.net/files/the_tunnel_ipod.m4v

ipod, server 2 http://s1.rdll.net/stuff/the_tunnel_ipod.m4v

ipod, server 3 http://static.zreidell.com/the_tunnel_ipod.m4v

He needs an eastern European accent to be precise, that is the region of the fallen Soviet union; Russia, Ukraine, etc.

Frankly, that is who I am, a Russian. But no one cares.

Hi. I am Hungarian too, and I did not understand that either, wven though I have checked it at least four times now...

Bye the way: "Szia "

Edit:

Ross! could you please describe what was that hungarian part suppoed to be? coz i checked that part out like a hundred times and still can't hear out any hungarian thing even any not hungarian sound of the words or the language i'm curious

Dunno.

Ah if only I fitted in to one of those categories....and could voice act....and had a decent microphone for that matter.

Ah well, Freeman's Mind and Civil Protection are popular, I'm sure the right people will be found for the roles needed.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Frankly, that is who I am, a Russian. But no one cares.

And? You're unhappy that no one cares?

Edit:

Wasn't it Bulgarian, not Hungarian?

@Bjossi, no it's the other way around. I'm quite happy about it.

If you have a desire to continue the interrogation--

I mean, if you have any further questions, you can ask them in a personal message, and I will gladly answer, really.

I am sorry for spamming the thread, heh.

Curiosity drives me to ask questions, that last sentence in particular caught my eye. I'm sorry if I seemed like the cops interrogating.

On the subject of eastern European accents, I have two friends who live over there and the accent is just badass, I hope Ross will find the person he is looking for for whatever role he has in mind.