Gordon Freeman cosplay in the style of Freeman's Mind

I recently got the idea to cosplay as Gordon Freeman in his lab coat attire since I'm too cheap to actually build a papercraft HEV suit. For the cosplay, I've thought about doing it in the style of Freeman's Mind by not wearing a tie since in Episode 2 he mentions that he doesn't wear one. Any suggestions to matching the visual personality of Ross's rendition of Gordon besides the beard/goatee and lack of tie?

:D I like this idea, if you go through with it please make sure to post pictures here.

I'm not entirely sure what else you could do to nail "the look" of Freeman's Mind Freeman. He does get shot in the ear by one of those automated turrets in one episode, get a small flesh tunnel maybe? But in all seriousness I think what you need to get right is his neurotic personality, tendency to self-aggrandizement and severe persecution complex. Would you say you have a quick and adaptable sense of humour? If so, you might be better off acting like Freeman would if he suddenly found himself in convention during one of his dimension hopping forays.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Thanks for the suggestions for this cosplay, although it'll probably be a while until I'm able to find a con to pull it off at with work and etc. going on. But I'll definitely post pictures of it whenever I do it. Besides the sarcastic personality of Freeman's Mind Freeman, I'll print out a Black Mesa ID Card along with spray painting an old crowbar to make it look more like the Half Life 2 crowbar since I think it's a much cooler design than the HL1 crowbar. As for the personality, I'll have to re-watch more of Freeman's Mind to get more of his smart and cocky attitude down to a point. Although I'm not the best at improv, I'll try my best to figure out the best comebacks to how Gordon would handle being at a con.

Thanks again for the reply and suggestion! :)

Thanks for the suggestions for this cosplay, although it'll probably be a while until I'm able to find a con to pull it off at with work and etc. going on. But I'll definitely post pictures of it whenever I do it. Besides the sarcastic personality of Freeman's Mind Freeman, I'll print out a Black Mesa ID Card along with spray painting an old crowbar to make it look more like the Half Life 2 crowbar since I think it's a much cooler design than the HL1 crowbar. As for the personality, I'll have to re-watch more of Freeman's Mind to get more of his smart and cocky attitude down to a point. Although I'm not the best at improv, I'll try my best to figure out the best comebacks to how Gordon would handle being at a con.

Thanks again for the reply and suggestion! :)

You'll get bonus points if you take your time to look through some of quantum physics laws, memorize them and use them in your acting. Except string theory, because Freeman doesn't seem to believe that in the series. He also regards those, who do believe in it, as cultists.

So yeah ^^

A.K.A. UberCatSR

Favorite game: Quake 1.

--------

If there ever is a Ross-Con, I'll cosplay as the crazy puppet show guy from The Secret World, or one of those harrowing Octo-Spiders from Rama. Just out of curiosity what would everyone else go as?

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I'd probably be kicked out for having a bottle of oxy :lol:

But then again some cons allow people to have painkiller bottles for Max Payne cosplays as well

Besides dressing up as Gordon, I would also dress up as the Nyet 3 guy or as Mike from Civil Protection if there ever was a Ross-Con. Maybe if Ross has extra money in the future he could probably find a con in Poland and maybe rent one of their booths out? Even though it may never happen, its still fun to imagine a bunch of people dressing up as Accursed Farms related characters.

It's just occurred to me. You should ask Ross about it in his next videochat, you can post questions http://www.accursedfarms.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8347 and at the time of writing this his August videochat hasn't happened yet. If you miss the deadline, you could ask him the next time around.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

A bag of gone-off Doritos.

in dying whispers -

Shuntarō Tanikawa

Just stick all the suggested props together whilst wearing a lab coat and wielding a crowbar. There's nothing wrong with wearing a cosplay costume that nobody recognises, it can be sort of funny!

I'm not the smallest of guys but if there were ever a Ross Con I'd probably go as the police officer from TD3. Failing that and having already bought the outfit, Otis.

This random YouTuber is getting laid with random hot dudes, and is basically the worst person in existence. Why? Just watch the free video.

Red and yellow do go together.