Words That Sound Verbally Horrible

I really dislike the word philately. I don't know why but I can't shake this peculiar feeling that it ought to mean something other than what it actually means. Philately is the proper name given to the hobby of stamp collecting, but it sounds like the kind of weird overtly specific adjective that you'll never find yourself needing. It apparently derives from a French stamp collector named Georges Herpin who combined the latin philo ("love") with ateleia ("free from tax") because the latter was the closest ancient Greek equivalent he could find for something describing a postage stamp. Even knowing that the word sounds and looks off to me.

"Three". Like all Germans, I'm absolutely incapable of pronouncing that properly.

Drei sounds more badass anyway. I personally don't get the snobbery and derision levelled at the German language, it's an utterly unique mixture of the subtle and guttural that you don't quite see observe in other languages, even other European tongues. How can anybody dislike a language that contains word such as kreaturegefühl and lumpenproletariat. Philistines!

Psychotic

steviewonder.jpg

No offense but could you two do this somewhere else?

No offense but did you completely miss the part where ninja didn't respond to me?

icon_lol.gif Looks like somebody could do with a holiday from the internet. But seriously, you know if you go onto a forum user's profile and look just below their avatar you'll see [add friend]/[add foe] buttons. If you and Ninja add each other as foes neither one of you will be able to see each others posts.

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

No offense but could you two do this somewhere else?

No offense but did you completely miss the part where ninja didn't respond to me?

icon_lol.gif Looks like somebody could do with a holiday from the internet. But seriously, you know if you go onto a forum user's profile and look just below their avatar you'll see [add friend]/[add foe] buttons. If you and Ninja add each other as foes neither one of you will be able to see each others posts.

Alternatively you could stop butting in to matters that have nothing to do with you and acting like a snide jackass in the process

Ninja didn't respond to me, you did, how about you follow your own advice and ignore me

the name's riley

Now I know it might be tempting to throw username's bile straight back at him but it will only fuel him further. I would very much appreciate it if we all could exercise a bit of restraint.

OT:Eel/Eels

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

Tongue.

This random YouTuber is getting laid with random hot dudes, and is basically the worst person in existence. Why? Just watch the free video.

Red and yellow do go together.

Yass.

This random YouTuber is getting laid with random hot dudes, and is basically the worst person in existence. Why? Just watch the free video.

Red and yellow do go together.