First Person Shooters

Sign in to follow this  

Well, Im not a big fan of FPS games, but my favorites are Half Life series, Deus Ex [which is actually shooter/RPG], Stalker, Bioshock, Portal, Fallout: New Vegas.

Im not sure to call Vampire: Bloodlines the Masqarade FPS but whatever...

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

Well, Im not a big fan of FPS games, but my favorites are Half Life series, Deus Ex [which is actually shooter/RPG], Stalker, Bioshock, Portal, Fallout: New Vegas.

Im not sure to call Vampire: Bloodlines the Masqarade FPS but whatever...

It's more of a first person RPG I think.

Speaking of FPS/RPG hybrids, has anyone played the Heretic/HeXen series by Raven Software? Superb games imo.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Speaking of FPS/RPG hybrids, has anyone played the Heretic/HeXen series by Raven Software?

I've been trying to find a torrent of them...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

All time favourite is Half-Life, with the sequel and Portal fighting a close second place.

Games I spent the most time playing online are Counter Strike: Source and, lately when I have access to a computer that can run it, Team Fortress 2.

The only FPS released in the last, say, 3 years that even managed to get a reaction out of me was Bullet Storm. Dear God, that game was nothing but unending glee and adrenaline from start to finish. I'm so tired of "gruff military type with M4 variant being yelled orders by superiors while trying to make a very shallow point about how war sucks by killing everyone you use". It was a great and original idea when Modern Warfare did it years ago, it got boring pretty quick when Modern Warfare 2, Modern Warfare World War II, Modern Warfare Cold War and Medal of Modern Warfare were released.

Keep your eyes open for Serious Sam 3 this summer, and of course DNF. The fun, arcady shooters seem to be making a strong return this year.

Oh shit, how could I forget Borderlands? The gameplay is fun and the narrative is subtle yet interesting. It's so ingeniously subtle, that some people thought the game didn't have a story. But not once did those people consider why exactly they were hopping around on literal mountains of trash in a dump that's almost bigger than the town that actually has it. I'd actually be worried for Duke Nukem Forever if it wasn't Gearbox finishing it to be honest. They know how to make a good game.

I love you, yet can't stand to know you exist.

Seriously? Serious Sam 3 is coming out?! I better be prepared to spend money this year!

Yes, seriously, things will get seriously serious when Sam the Serious arrives.

Here's a seriously serious link to the serious Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/SeriousSamFan

Look for a few SS3 screenshots in the photo section.

What kind of games are the serious sam games? I have heard about them, but never actually looked in to them.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Serious Sam is the kind of shooter where you find yourself running backwards while holding down mouse button 1, yelling "This is fucking insane! How many are they!?".

Grab the two Serious Sam HD games on the next Steam sale, the bundle can be as cheap as $4.

Serious Sam is the kind of shooter where you find yourself running backwards while holding down mouse button 1, yelling "This is fucking insane! How many are they!?".

Grab the two Serious Sam HD games on the next Steam sale, the bundle can be as cheap as $4.

Sounds cool, but is there more to it then that?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yes. Find videos on youtube, they say more than I ever could with words.

Ohwow i looked it up, and i definitely looks like a cool game. I'll look out for a good deal on steam.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I pretty much lost the ability to play games when the "joystick with one button" went out of vogue. I just don't have the coordination for these game consoles with two triggers and a half-dozen buttons, anymore.

He just kept talking and talking in one long incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had a chance to interrupt it was really quite hypnotic...

I pretty much lost the ability to play games when the "joystick with one button" went out of vogue. I just don't have the coordination for these game consoles with two triggers and a half-dozen buttons, anymore.

Excuse me, but all you need for a first person shooter is WASD + a mouse.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Shooters are obviously not your expertise, Alyxx.

Yes, you're forgetting the 64oz cup of soda and three bags of Potato chips.