Civil Protection torrent

Sign in to follow this  

What's the news on the Civil Protection torrent now that the Tunnel is out?

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

What's the news on the Civil Protection torrent now that the Tunnel is out?

Well i made the thread with the torrent that had the two parts of the tunnel vid spliced seamlessly together, but then DaveD took it down and pm'ed me this

"No sharing of unauthorized sources. be patient and wait for the real thing. and absolutley no .torrent files. thanks"

and i messaged him back

"Ouch, umm... didnt see that in the forum rules D'; i have another thread in the freemans mind section called "Freeman's Mind Torrent" if you feel that torrents are bad, but please as a nice thing to do, consult Ross Scott for his opinion.

Sorry"

and i'm waiting for a response ;P

Someone should tell DaveD that torrent files themselves are not illegal or rule violating, only their content is subject to copyrights and other laws. If a file is not allowed to be shared torrents will be equally as bad as any other form of file sharing, such as websites like rapidshare or hotfile. Calling torrent files out specifically just makes no sense. And for the record all Civil Protection episodes are already available for free download on the author's website, I can not imagine anyone being against sharing his/her stuff with torrents specifically unless the person in question is less than well educated on how torrents actually work.

You know what would be a nice title for it? Civil Protection: The Torrent.

Someone should tell DaveD that torrent files themselves are not illegal or rule violating, only their content is subject to copyrights and other laws. If a file is not allowed to be shared torrents will be equally as bad as any other form of file sharing, such as websites like rapidshare or hotfile. Calling torrent files out specifically just makes no sense. And for the record all Civil Protection episodes are already available for free download on the author's website, I can not imagine anyone being against sharing his/her stuff with torrents specifically unless the person in question is less than well educated on how torrents actually work.

You know what would be a nice title for it? Civil Protection: The Torrent.

I'll make it...

[EDIT] Here it is... It has all the episodes from the download page all in one torrent. (1.05 GB size for all that)

[EDIT2] I torrent because it's better than getting a max down speed of 200KB/s on a 3.6MB/s connection.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

;D Wrong place for that torrent file btw, im sure an admin will call you on that, and i really dont want to go against his authority since that is in the rules

Let's try this again. Now that The Tunnel is available on this website there should be no controversies.

I downloaded the torrent and it is ready for action, as soon as someone seeds for me that is. . . I already got the downloaded version of The Tunnel so the download gets a head start at ~32% on my end.

Let's try this again. Now that The Tunnel is available on this website there should be no controversies.

I downloaded the torrent and it is ready for action, as soon as someone seeds for me that is. . . I already got the downloaded version of The Tunnel so the download gets a head start at ~32% on my end.

Well, I'll be seeding for at least 48 hours, but I don't see any activity on my end for some reason...

Well, I'm seeding 100% of the files (I already had the episodes, so I didn't require any download time), but there seems to be no one downloading it

I bring you mortal danger and cookies. Not necessarily in that order.

http://www.youtube.com/jclc

He might have been referring to the fact that it was the files downloaded directly from Machinima and not this website I guess.

10 are seeding the files but I don't get any downloads so far, I'll keep uT running in the background today and see what happens.

He might have been referring to the fact that it was the files downloaded directly from Machinima and not this website I guess.

Actually that makes alot more sense since he said "No sharing of unauthorized sources", but he did say "absolutley no .torrent files" so i guess i just jumped and said it was the torrent and everything in it.

jumptoconclusions2xk14.jpg

This is my tracker list as of 8:25 AM on 3/26/2011...

Trackerlist-CPTT-3-26-2011-825am.png

Actually that makes alot more sense since he said "No sharing of unauthorized sources", but he did say "absolutley no .torrent files" so i guess i just jumped and said it was the torrent and everything in it.

jumptoconclusions2xk14.jpg

Well your Tunnel video in the torrent does seem to be the Machinima one, so the thread might get deleted again. Either way it would be best to replace it with a version of the Tunnel video downloaded directly from the Accursed Farms site as soon as it's up.

It is the one downloaded from AF. The link has been there for a good two days or more, I should know considering I downloaded it from here and the torrent recognized the file in its entirety.

EDIT: Oh sweet, both downloading and seeding, 20-25 KB/s both ways.

Woke up this morning and started uTorrent (last night there was not a single person downloading, so I turned my pc off). I have now 7 (18) peers and been seeding at over 100 KB/s steadily for half and hour

AF_torrent.jpg

And guys, Bjossi is right. All of the files are the originals. There are no unauthorized sources. I downloaded all of them from the original blogspot site and form the post Ross made for "The Tunnel" and the torrent recognized them immediately.

Mine shows "1 (19)", does that mean I am only seeding for one person?

I think so.

You might want to check the maximum number of peers / connections in the settings of your torrent program.

They look high enough (800 max connections, 25 upload slots, 125 connected peers per torrent, etc.). I am now seeding for two people. Yay!

Well mine's seeding to someone at around 10-25 kb/s. Pretty slow but at least it's doing something.

It is the one downloaded from AF. The link has been there for a good two days or more, I should know considering I downloaded it from here and the torrent recognized the file in its entirety.

Ah right. I hadn't download it from the main page until now (I was waiting for the torrent to grab every episode at once), so when I saw the Machinima logo I assumed it was from Machinima.com. My mistake.