Games That Let You Kill Everyone

Sign in to follow this  

I've been looking for games that allow you to kill everyone including essential NPCs and allow you to utterly decimate the game world you inhabit. Bonus points if the NPCs also don't respawn. Morrowind comes to mind since not only can you kill everyone and everyone except the guards do not respawn. I think Fallout 1 & 2 fall into this category as well except replace guards with unimportant NPCs. Deus Ex 1 allows you to kill most NPCs but sometimes only at specific plot points. Any other suggestions for games that allow you to kill everyone?

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

Are mods allowed? If so, there's mods for Skyrim. Watch out though, as you'll be locked out of quests and whatnot. And if you're feeling extra evil, there's one or two that let you kill the children. Most games that come to mind have respawning NPCs, like the GTA series. You could also play Gmod, spawn in as many as you want (until you start hurting your framerate) and go all out.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

The first Fable let you kill everyone you meet, if I recall correctly. There are some NPCs that can only be killed at specific points in the plot (such as the Guildmaster in TLC endgame), but still.

Also, if you buy the house after you kill its inhabitants, they don't respawn. You can not only have ghost towns, you can own them!

You can kill everyone in Wasteland 2... You will die quickly when you try to if you aren't cheating, but it's possible.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

What about the Hitman games? You usually have only one or two targets that you need to kill, but nothing's stopping you from just killing every NPC on the map- after all you don't want to leave witnesses!

What about the Hitman games? You usually have only one or two targets that you need to kill, but nothing's stopping you from just killing every NPC on the map- after all you don't want to leave witnesses!

thats actually good one- to add challenge, try to kill everyone in level without being detected (bodies can be detected though)

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

Undertale?

You can't kill Alphys or Napstablook

the name's riley

The first Dark Souls game pretty much lets you kill anyone you meet.

Granted, there aren't much in the ways of plot-essential NPCs since most of those are bosses that you have to kill, but you can kill main covenant leaders, shopkeepers, allies, and people who just generally hint you towards the plot.

They won't respawn until new game+, either, so it's a big challenge if you decide to go that route.

^All definitive examples. In addition, the first Half-Life, Unreal, SiN and Daikatana also got civilians that the game doesn't seem to care if you snuff out (unless they're progression specific).

If you want mods, Half Life's Scientist Slaughterhouse is a recommendation. The Mod Messup #1 WTF Edition too if you like to imagine playing HL1 on weed and LSD.

For games, the Postal series is your best bet. For the 1st Postal game, I suggest you get the Redux version. It's the remake of the 1st game with improved graphics and controls. Postal 2's pretty much the perfect game for a good ol' massacre for me.

Welp, now what?