Top 5 Developers

1. Valve

2. BioWare

3. Obsidian?

4. ...Um

5. Another company

You don't know much about game developers I'd say.

How'd you guess? I probably should have left this topic alone, come to think of it. Ah well.

1. Valve

2. BioWare

3. Obsidian?

4. ...Um

5. Another company

You don't know much about game developers I'd say.

How'd you guess? I probably should have left this topic alone, come to think of it. Ah well.

Call it intuition, lol.

Ah well, I guess it doesn't really matters who developed the game as long as it's good.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Ah well, I guess it doesn't really matters who developed the game as long as it's good.

If iD Software are making a new SP game you know it is gonna be more action and less story. If Epic Games are making a new SP game you should/will feel sceptic.

1. Bethesda (Loved the Elder scrolls series and Fallout doesn´t disappoint either )

2. Valve (Half-Life, no need to say anything more)

3. Paradox Entertainment (Europa Universalis 3, Victora II... so many good strategy games)

4. 3DO New World Entertainment (Heroes of Might and Magic 3) Yay

5. Bioware (Disregard Dragon Age II)

Honorary mention, Ensemble Studios for AoE II

In no particular order

Valve

Oddworld Inhabitants

Trpwire

Dice

TaleWorld

Also pardox is a publisher, just saying.

In no particular order

Valve

Oddworld Inhabitants

Trpwire

Dice

TaleWorld

Also pardox is a publisher, just saying.

According to Mobygames, which I consider a very reliable source: Yes, they are, but not exclusively, and I would say they are actually more a developer than a publisher. They do have some IP's. They have developed AND published Europa Universalis 3, developed Airfix Dogfighter which was published by Eon Digital Entertainment and they have developed AND published Victoria: Revolutions.

According to Mobygames, which I consider a very reliable source: Yes, they are, but not exclusively, and I would say they are actually more a developer than a publisher. They do have some IP's. They have developed AND published Europa Universalis 3, developed Airfix Dogfighter which was published by Eon Digital Entertainment and they have developed AND published Victoria: Revolutions.

That is true but alot of people give them credit for games that they didn't actually make. Me included for the longest time.

Well, of course giving them credit for games they only published is wrong. It's like saying Apogee made Wolfenstein 3D.

Also, a very common mistake is that people say LJN made their own games, including AVGN himself. LJN has always been strictly a publisher and they used third party developers for their products. In fact, Rare got their start making games for LJN. Maybe not the best start, but they made up for it later on.

1. Naughtydog - They were and are awesome.

2. Pandemic - R.I.P

3. Apogee/3DRealms - R.I.P

4. Dice - BF series

5. DoubleFine - Brought the world of metal to the gaming world.

He did a great job on Grim Fandango, considered one of the last great adventure games.

I have actually tried to get hold of a copy of Grim Fandango but with litlle succses.

Bumpity-bump

1. Valve

2. Bethesda

3. Looking Glass Studios

4. GSC Game World

5. Obsidian

Eidos Montreal and Arkane Studios get an honourable mention. Eidos will take 3rd place if Thief 4 is awesome, and if Dishonoured is as good as it looks- they'll be taking second.

1. Bethesda (Fallout 3 and Skyrim)

2. DICE (Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2, Battlefield bad company 1 and 2, battlefield 3)

3. Valve

4. Rockstar (Gta san andreas, IV and red dead redemption)

5. Blizzard (Warcraft 3 and diablo 2)

"Life sucks sober!"

1. Bethesda

2. 3DO

3. Valve

4. Ubisoft

5. Square Enix

This is the end of the line, and I'll rip you apart for what's inside.

Compensating wealth for what's more and more worthlessness.

The end of fear, the end of your life, I'll kill you right now, fucking die.

1. Naughty Dog

2. Valve

3. Team Ico

4. Double Fine

5. Rockstar

I'd put Cyan on the list, as Riven is one of my all time favorites, but I thought I'd limit the list to devs that are still putting out great games.

DoubleFine is Tim Schafer's company as far as I know. I hope we'll see more adventure titles from him. He did a great job on Grim Fandango, considered one of the last great adventure games.

I wouldn't say that. There a lot of games even nowadays that can easily be categorized as Adventure. Games like Amnesia the Dark Descent and LA Noire. And of course some of the classic series like Myst continued past 1998. Myst 3 and 4 were both great games, released in 2002 and 2005.