Top 5 Developers

Why would them getting the rights to the previous 2 games automatically mean they were responsible for them anyway? They still didn't develop them. Deus Ex 3 is actually being developed by Eidos and published by Square Enix. So no, Ubisoft has nothing to do with Deus Ex.

Ok, I must have misread then... Edited my previous post.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Speaking of developers, I just read about an 80's developer called Incentive Software based in UK which actually handed out prizes to people who could get the best high scores on their games. That's pretty cool in my book.

Yeah, I've only seen that in some games during their Betas...

Incentive actually did this after releasing the game. One of their prizes was 500£ for the one who could get the highest score on their first game. It was part of their business plan and also the reason for their name. They wanted to give gamers an "added Incentive" for buying their products. Their games were actually pretty good for the time, boasting very advanced 3d graphics that ran surprisingly smoothly on low end systems such as the Dragon 32 and the ZX Spectrum.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Incentive actually did this after releasing the game. One of their prizes was 500£ for the one who could get the highest score on their first game. It was part of their business plan and also the reason for their name. They wanted to give gamers an "added Incentive" for buying their products. Their games were actually pretty good for the time, boasting very advanced 3d graphics that ran surprisingly smoothly on low end systems such as the Dragon 32 and the ZX Spectrum.

I'm gonna have to look them up then...

1. Team Ico

Perfect Games every time, albeit with only two under their belt.

2. Valve

Perfect games almost every time. I never thought much of the L4D series.

3. Double Fine

Very original games, if on a hit or miss basis (Hit = Psychonauts ; Miss = Brutal Legend)

4. Rockstar Games

Very very well made, if formulaic games. I love RDR, Bully, ect. but never thought much of GTA, and am glad they're moving away from the GTA based image.

5. Insomniac Games

I loved the Spyro and Ratchet games (minus Deadlocked) The Resisistance games on the other hand seem like bland shooters. (I only can speak for the first game though)

I also think it's important to list Atari as an important developer as they made Pong. Need I say more?

Very true... (they also have many more recent games too) But I did more gaming on the Channel F than I did the Atari, so we should also include Fairchild in that developers list too...

1. Team Ico

2. Valve

3. Double Fine

Very original games, if on a hit or miss basis (Hit = Psychonauts ; Miss = Brutal Legend)

4. Rockstar Games

Very very well made, if formulaic games. I love RDR, Bully, ect. but never thought much of GTA, and am glad they're moving away from the GTA based image.

5. Insomniac Games

I loved the Spyro and Ratchet games (minus Deadlocked) The Resisistance games on the other hand seem like bland shooters. (I only can speak for the first game though)

2 games? *Cough* Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom *cough* and uuuuh.... What do you mean by Brutal Legend being a " miss "

I also think it's important to list Atari as an important developer as they made Pong. Need I say more?

Very true... (they also have many more recent games too) But I did more gaming on the Channel F than I did the Atari, so we should also include Fairchild in that developers list too...

Yeah, Fairchild was also part of the initial console birth.

1. Team Ico

2. Valve

3. Double Fine

4. Rockstar Games

5. Insomniac Games

2 games? *Cough* Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom *cough* and uuuuh.... What do you mean by Brutal Legend being a " miss "

As for "Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom", I hadn't heard of it, and looking it up says it was developed by Game Republic, not Team Ico.

And Brutal Legend wasn't a bad game really. The writing was funny, I just didn't find the gameplay totally engaging.

Sorry then, I must've been thinking of The Last Guardian. It was pretty late when I posted that, so.. you buying the Last Guardian?

Sorry then, I must've been thinking of The Last Guardian. It was pretty late when I posted that, so.. you buying the Last Guardian?

Totally. Been periodically getting hyped up since 2009. The thought of The Last Guardian not being a perfect game just makes me laugh.

1. BioWare...examples- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age

2. Valve...examples- Half Life, Half Life 2, Portal, Left 4 Dead

3. Bungie...examples- Halo 3: ODST, Halo Reach, Halo

4. Epic...examples- Unreal Tournemant, Gears of War, Gears of War 2

5. Rockstar...examples- Grand Theft Auto 4, Red Dead Redemption

1. BioWare...examples- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age

2. Valve...examples- Half Life, Half Life 2, Portal, Left 4 Dead

3. Bungie...examples- Halo 3: ODST, Halo Reach, Halo

4. Epic...examples- Unreal Tournemant, Gears of War, Gears of War 2

5. Rockstar...examples- Grand Theft Auto 4, Red Dead Redemption

Other examples:

Bungie: Marathon, Oni

Epic: Jazz Jackrabbit 2

Jazz Jackrabbit 2 is one of the more underrated games of the late 1990s in my opinion.

Jazz Jackrabbit 2 is one of the more underrated games of the late 1990s in my opinion.

I don't think so, I know a lot of people who liked JJ2.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

So do I, but it was not a good seller, JJ3(D) got cancelled after all.