ROSS'S GAME DUNGEON: CONTRAPTION ZACK

I could see some evil modder remaking this game as a Portal mod or something. Really, any modern game engine would probably accommodate it without a lot of tweaking from the looks of things.

And I've always had a soft spot for AdLib music, for some reason. Even though the only game I've played at length that used it was Monkey Island 2 (I had the CD-ROM version where the music didn't work in the first game, and the rerelease just uses raw MIDI). I've spent a lot of time searching in vain for OPL3 soundfonts or MIDI editors that run inside DOSBox or something so I could try my hand at composing some of my own. With chiptunes of various kinds being so popular, it's kind of amazing it's not easier to find.

I don't know, for me Adlib was always just short of the kind of definition I wanted. MIDI is either pathetic or glorious, depending on how it's being rendered. I'm not against synth music by any means, I just feel like Ad-Lib never really had great tunes that would sound better with better defined instruments. I actually feel like Super Nintendo music had a lot of really excellent tracks where the rendition was good enough it didn't feel like it obviously needed better technology to throw at it.

This makes me think of the time you spoke of "hell jobs" in that murder mystery episode of GD and reminds me of my own current job in a way i am a combo welder now for some reason i have always worked in the oil industry but where i am currently employed is a total hell job and how i got into welding is beyond me its full of rednecks and other unsavory characters but the money is there so whatever i just hate the conditions at times the hilarity of this all is that i have a degree in computer science and quit out on programming because i hated the conditions.

This makes me think of the time you spoke of "hell jobs" in that murder mystery episode of GD and reminds me of my own current job in a way i am a combo welder now for some reason i have always worked in the oil industry but where i am currently employed is a total hell job and how i got into welding is beyond me its full of rednecks and other unsavory characters but the money is there so whatever i just hate the conditions at times the hilarity of this all is that i have a degree in computer science and quit out on programming because i hated the conditions.
Yeah, finding a job that doesn't make you want to throw yourself off a bridge is important in the long term.

Also speaking of welding "Metal Dave" from the Go To Hell episode used to work as one and for a while he was worried he was going bald prematurely. After he quit the job, his hair started to grow back, turns out he was just slowly singeing off at work.

I'm afraid it isn't clear where I should put this, but since its based on your game review I'll put it here;

Q1ncVFB.jpg

Just some fan-art...

..loved the review, by the way.

Another awesome edition of game dungeon,thank you Ross!

I think it would be awesome if you just played a good horror game on twich,watching you play would be great or you mentioned that you wanted to play an RTS game and see if you can beat some levels on the hardest dificulty,actually I think that would be even more interesting to watch.

I'd love to see a Ross Let's Play of a horror game. One he hasn't played before. Hopefully Outlast because that's one of my favorite horror games. :)