Questions for December Video Chat

The next video chat is on December 3, 2016 at 4PM Eastern Time.

Please submit your questions here or email [email protected]. Thanks!

Please note that I will be simply copying and pasting what you type into the list of pre-submitted questions for the video chats. Keep this in mind as you're posting because if there are problems with grammar and spelling such that Ross cannot decipher what you wrote, your question may be mis-answered or not answered at all. Proofread before posting. Thanks. :)

Ross, at PAX Australia I tried on a Vive and I have to say it was one of the coolest technology-related experiences I've had in my entire life. It wasn't even really a game, you just explored the ocean in a submarine. But the levels of immersion were INCREDIBLE, the second I put on the Vive it was like I was right there in the submarine, no nausea, no problems getting used to being in virtual reality. It honestly makes me wonder, why isn't VR being aggressively marketed? I knew it would be cool before I tried the Vive, but I didn't know just how fantastic an experience it would truly be. Seems to me that VR is being targeted at a very specific subset of people, and the marketing they are doing just isn't hyping up how fucking awesome it is.

So to sum it up: VR is MINDBLOWING. Why isn't it being marketed better?

Ross, you may have answered this before, but I still wanna ask you this:

Have you travelled around Poland at all? If you have, then how did you like it? Are there any places you've heard of that you think you might wanna see?

While we're at it, how much have you travelled around the world in general? Where have you been, how did you find the places that you've seen?

How did you make your website? I have a bachelor's degree in computer science, professional experience working with Javascript, HTML, and CSS, and academic experience writing PHP and yet I have no idea how to actually START a website.

Also, I'd like to sell T-shirts and whatnot to supplement my YouTube ad revenue. How did you set up that T Shirt shop you had?

If these answers are too long, can you at least point me in the right direction?

Ross what is your opinion on the current state of the gaming industry? You've talked about some companies firing people after projects are finished and how employees are given no paid overtime. Do you think this affects the games that are being made? I would really like an entire video on this because I would really not like to support an industry that only cares for investors instead of both gamers and employees, but I realise you might have too much to do so if you could answer this that'd be great!

Hey Ross, if you had the money, would you take a trip on the interplanetary transportation system?

Also, what's your opinion on private space agencies, and space exploration in general?

You said in your videos about VR and 3D that good stereoscopic 3D can be a great experience. Do you have any good examples of movies/games with great 3d that someone who's only been exposed to bad 3D or no 3D at all could try out? (Preferably without spending too much money. :D )

@Schneider Ross sites It Came From Outer Space as good example in his 3D rant. You'll probably want to watch the whole video.

AbUqJm9WQdg

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.

Hey Ross,

Here's another one regarding The Movie. My apologies if you've already answered this earlier.

When you're estimating the whole project as one process, what would be the expected percentage spent on post production? Example: work in Premiere, After Effects and such.

1) What would you change about human nature?

2) Is there a "hidden goal" of individual human lives? Is this different than the meaning of life? Why is there life in the universe?

3) Biologically, humans are animals. Humans are capable of acting in morally superior ways to other animals. But, at their core, are people better than animals if both animals and humans are capable of evil?

4) What realistic feature would you like added to your favorite video editing software?

5) When making machina, what should one look for in a game engine and/or other software to have ease with capturing, character animation, and editing? What is your recommended methodology for machinima/video production?

6) With gaming on Linux, why not just run Windows in a virtual machine? This might not work with the newest games, but surely anything from the 90's & early 2000's should be open season.

7) What are your predictions for the 22nd century? How will our computer hardware and OS's have changed compared to today? What effects will humanity have had on the ecology and environments of the world? How will humans have changed biologically and mechanically (meaning DNA manipulation, molecular nanomachines, replacements for organs, etc.)?

Hey Ross,

Here's another one regarding The Movie. My apologies if you've already answered this earlier.

When you're estimating the whole project as one process, what would be the expected percentage spent on post production? Example: work in Premiere, After Effects and such.

He has answered this in the past. He has stated that he doesn't give percentages because it would either cause too much hype or too much disappointment if milestones or whatever aren't hit. Movies can't really be given a percentage done. Sorry. :(

1. You mentioned that you'd really like dimensional magic as your inherent power. Have you ever heard of or watched Rick and Morty? That would REALLY be down your alley.

2. If or when virtual reality headsets become the next big thing, what do you think the next big step in interactivity will be?

3. Are there any personal or moral code that you follow that you absolutely will not break, or something you believe in wholeheartedly, aside from "games don't deserve to die"?

4. Are there any subjects that appear beneficial, but you personally think it would ruin mankind, like how augmentation in Deus Ex Human Revolution can help people, but for some reason everyone else thinks is the devil?

5. If you could be a were-anything (werewolf, for example), what kind of animal would complete your transformation?

6. Are there any games or media that legitimately made you feel actually emotional?

-When I first saw Belial from your last game dungeon, I mean the real beginning of the video, I thought this guy looks like Ross. (Especially the creepy smile : ). Are you related in anyway to Belial ?

-Any plans for still life 2 ? I'm too lazy to search the spoilers on youtube.

-Last unlikely shot in the dark: Any plan for rule of rose ? Since the website rule of rose mysteries died, there is nothing left to study this weird piece of art.

Peace out

Hey Ross,

He has answered this in the past. He has stated that he doesn't give percentages because it would either cause too much hype or too much disappointment if milestones or whatever aren't hit. Movies can't really be given a percentage done. Sorry. :(

The question wasn't about how far the process have come percentage-wise, but how much of the making that he predicted to be spent in-engine vs. post production tools. Sorry if it came out in an unclear way. Thanks for answering as well.

I am curious to know if you have been considering creating any sort of new machinima series or if you are just going to wait until you finish up with the movie.

Back by popular demand!

Hey Ross. First time leaving a question for the videochat, since I had no chance to do so before.

So here is one (well, there is more than one actually).

1. You mentioned that besides Zombie Panic Source you have played Zombie Master as well.

How it was for you and what is your experience with this mod? What did catch your attention in it for the first time?

Maybe you have some good memories left in your mind? Also, do you have plans on hosting play session in ZM like it was in ZPS last time?

2. When can we expect another Follow-Up episode of RGD?

3. What do you think about Underhell and other projects by Hen Mazolski / WeCreateStuff?

4. Is there any chance that you will pick any russian games for the Game Dungeon in the future? Maybe some quests from 90's or some obscure First Person Shooters?

5. [Here is a silly question] Do you have any friends or just know someone who have had experience in S&M or any other stuff like that? What's your opinion on S&M culture in general? I remember you were saying a little about it in "Bip Bop II" RGD episode, so I wanted to know if you have more stuff to say about it.

6. Have you thought about making official “Accursed Farms“ Steam group? That might come in handy for posting PS2 sessions announcements and other stuff. Also that would be good for those who doesn‘t have a Twitter account.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

A long while ago shortly after Source Filmmaker was released, there were some news out saying Shane Acker, the director of 9, would collaborate with Valve to create a full-length movie called DEEP, using the aforementioned software. While this was back from 2012 and is no doubt abandoned, and it may not have been planned for a theatrical release, it's interesting to think about the idea of a game engine-produced movie and as more than just a YouTube video... but, your movie project's the closest thing that we'll get.

It may as well be an impossibility, but how do you feel about machinima catching attention of the film world and at least reaching out to film festivals and beyond?

Hey Ross, I hope you don't mind me putting my questions here as I'm not a reddit user. = )

1. I'm sure you've heard of Warner Brothers buying Machinima. What's your thoughts on this buyout? Is it just a case of another "Sithlord" beating another one?

2. How's progress on that fork system you mentioned? Is it making things better?

3. Have you considered pursuing a voice acting career? I think you would great at it. Maybe there's a polish company that's seeking English dubbers. You certainly could beat the one's that voiced Chosen Well of Souls.

4. What's Polish Tv like? Is it any good?

5. I know that certain countries have a different standards of power wattage that sometime you need to get a power converter to make sure equipment from another country doesn't get overloaded and shorted out. Have you had to do that there Ross?

6. Ross you mentioned using Avira for protection. Could you expand on that a little more? Also what version of Avira do you use?

7. Were you ever part of any fandoms Ross? Ever been to a convention?

9. If you could guest star in another youtube show which show would you love to appear in?

10. Ross do you think Microsoft will come out with a better os in a few years that won't have 10's garbage problems?

Given that you're a big zombie fan, are there any archetypal or unorthodox types of zombie you like? Think the ubiquitous "exploding" or otherwise toxic variety, the so-called "running zombie" made famous by 28 Days Later, animal variants or other exotic iterations of the zombie model. In addition, are you a big fan of those terrifying Plaga parasites from Resident Evil 4 that occasionally erupt from zombies heads? And the Duvalia from Resident Evil 5 that look like normal zombies, until their entire upper bodies rips open to reveal a gigantic fanged maw?

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

@danielsangeo Since Ross is busy I figured the best way to ask him about recording would be via the December Videochat. Please make sure my questions get to Ross for the December Videochat.

1. Ross what kind of format do you prefer regarding gameplay videos for the monthly videochats to be in? I currently record my videos to .mkv but I can switch to .mp4 if you prefer.

2. Ideally how long would you like the gameplay footage to be so you don't have to replay it over and over again during one of the monthly videochat?

3. I presume you use OBS to record all the raw gameplay footage for Game Dungeon. Could you please tell me what your settings are? I'm currently recording with a variable bitrate(VBR) of 5500 and with the AMD H.264 encoder.

4. Once I've recorded the gameplay footage how do I send it to you? I can't just email a 15-20 GB video file to you.

I'm not saying I started the fire. But I most certain poured gasoline on it.