(Seinfeld voice) What's the deal with Raspberry Pi?

Sign in to follow this  

I've been hearing so much about this lately, seems to be the talk of the gaming town. It's possible to create old school arcade games with the hardware? Looks pretty amazing.

Is anyone using RP?

I currently don't have one, but I do plan on getting one. Plan A is to also get a NES mini (at this point I'm calling it a myth) and modifying it to play more games (and different system's games), along with getting a different controller with a longer cord. Plan B (which is more likely) is just to make my own mini gaming console thingy, maybe a handheld. Plan C (if it's possible, which I'm sure) is to make a portable DVD (hopefully Blu Ray) player.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

The issue with Raspberry Pis is the price. The only place the price isn't insane is America, which is crazy when you consider that they're manufactured in Britain. I've just given up on RPI and am hoping for a non-terrible alternative to be made.

Oh really? I didn't realize it was so expensive :/ But kinda revolutionary, I feel like once you jump over the price hurdle, it will be worth it right? I did some research on Raspberry Pi these last few days and I've seen what you can use it for. There's a lot of uses! But video games are probably what I would do.

Any of those on the list look good?